imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vapourisors

I love smoking. However, I also love my lungs and running. the two don't go together. And with the smoking by laws it was pretty irritating.

My Irish flat mate came home from Ireland and tossed me a disposable vapourisor and said "try this."

I LOVED it. Even more than smoking. It was like clean smoking. It didn't stink, it didn't make a mess, it came in coffee flavour (yum) and there was no second hand smoke. But I still got that "hit" feeling in my lungs and yet... it doesn't affect my running (!!!) - if I have a "sneaky" fag, then the next day my running time is *halved* and I'm coughing up layers of goop.

This does not affect my running - only if I'm out drinking and not paying attention to just how much I'll pulling on it and I give myself a stomach ache - then I'll get a bit wheezy/draggy after a run.

I love it. It's not easy to get in Canada, I have to order the stuff from V2 and hope the customs officers don't feel like stopping them. It *is* legal but depending on the point of view of the customs officer, they can view it as a drug import.

which is irritating.

I know there are better vapourisors out there, but I went with the V2 because a) it came in 3 levels of nicotine b) they had coffee flavour c) They have very good customer service and will refund if it doesn't make it past the border d) I like cartriges and non-button pushing charge sticks. cause I'm lazy.

Yes I know that the nicotine is still a drug that affects my heart. However, I think it's a much better way of partaking in something I love.

Anyone else vapourise? what kind/company do you use? have people given you much stick?

I actually don't get any, which is nice..
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Red-Dragon

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
hym/dude/him/bro
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Red-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST Reputation

i've used those vapourisers. i quit smoking a yr ago but still get the craving i dont stink like a chimney when i have one and i can smoke it when i'm driving i try any kind but theres one called vapour its disposable and comes in menthol and cherry lol. it helps alot i just buy one when i see them when i gas up my car and i'm thinking of getting the starter kit just in case one of my friends want to quit smoking than give it to them.
Red-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Daktari

I've given 'stick' to those who insist on using those damn thing indoors. If you wanna ingest nicotine via your lungs then do it outside with the other smokers please. I personally don't wanna watch folks smoking indoors. Personally it's such a serious trigger. I gave up smoking tobacco almost three years ago despite really, really, really loving it. Unfortunately I loved it so much I handed over a lung to it and had no choice but to give up or die (literally).

I thought that the vapes were meant to be a way of giving up smoking/nicotine (active addiction) instead they have become a way that smokers can feel they're 'getting one over' on the government (probably) and being a rebel by smoking nicotine indoors when the law says smoking should be outside. This is just my observation after dealing with the increasing numbers of folks who use those things.

It is also my observation that folks don't actually give up smoking with those vapes, they just transfer their addiction to another method of ingestion.

Just my twopennorth.