Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Because the chair's gender presentation is consistently being downplayed, overlooked, and generally ignored in this thread, I'm pretty sure it's the chair being silenced. Don't even get me started on the overweening and overbearing amounts of human privilege here.
Unless you identify as a chair, you have no authority to speak for the chair.

*snort*
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Bob

How Do You Identify?:
Jackass.

Bob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Unless you identify as a chair, you have no authority to speak for the chair.

*snort*
Not that it's any a yer bidness, but a little reading to your left might answer this. Some presumption pie with your tedious tea?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #23
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i'm a chair-dance-sensual femme. i'm not attracted to recliners (they disgust me).
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #24
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Not that it's any a yer bidness, but a little reading to your left might answer this. Some presumption pie with your tedious tea?
Well how convenient! Understanding that everyone's presentation is mutable, it is simply BUNK to transmutate according to conversation. I demand that you stay in your appropriate box.
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #25
Bob

How Do You Identify?:
Jackass.

Bob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Well how convenient! Understanding that everyone's presentation is mutable, it is simply BUNK to transmutate according to conversation.
So now you're demeaning beds? I demand that the moderators of this site remove your officious, offensive bunk-and-chair-phobic comments since they have been exposed for the odiferous stool that they are.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #26
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna have to sit with this for awhile but I'll be back

Btw, are SOFFAs allowed to participate?
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #27
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Circa 1956ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i'm a chair-dance-sensual femme. i'm not attracted to recliners (they disgust me).
How do you feel about Eames Chairs? I think we could connect.

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #28
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post

I object to the objectification of that pug.

That is sexist canineism if I ever saw it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
That was hilarious! Note to self, use heavy chair. Pashi
Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #30
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post

correction: i am an eamespug-sensual-femme. do me, do me hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #31
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

My goodness! I'm away from my laptop for a week and all heck breaks loose in the chair dancing thread!
(as in, someone besides me and Passionaria posted...)

How come every time someone starts a chair dancing thread it sparks such controversy? Why do the couch dancers always have to feel excluded? Why do cane dancers feel offended? All the acrimony and flaming and personal attacks! This never happens in the clog dancing threads!
*sigh*

One for the couch dancers:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtnQfuseMEc"]YouTube- Couch Dance[/ame]
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #32
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

the true story of "f your couch"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUb06iLjTKA"]YouTube- Rick James Dave Chappelle Pt 2[/ame]
Old 12-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #33
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
the true story of "f your couch"

YouTube- Rick James Dave Chappelle Pt 2
"Slap!"
If he had only stuck to couch dancin' the world would be a more peaceful place...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2HL9X6kr2s"]YouTube- PLANETARY DANCE with ANNA HALPRIN: Make Peace with the Planet[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #34
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default I have seen the light, and am now a believer!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFeAwZslAHY"]YouTube- TANGO FIRE - Verano Portenas[/ame]

Passionaria
Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #35
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As a Jew I am so offended that the Jewish experience has been completely ignored in this discussion. Is there some anti-semitism going on here?

Also as someone who is challenged by posting You Tube films properly I am feeling silenced.

I am posting the link from my ME space in the way that I know how to do it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27HaeH7Eg2A"]YouTube- Wedding Dance[/ame]

Now *this* is a chair dance!!!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #36
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post
That is a fantastic example of the chair dance!
Loved it!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #37
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
As a Jew I am so offended that the Jewish experience has been completely ignored in this discussion. Is there some anti-semitism going on here?

Also as someone who is challenged by posting You Tube films properly I am feeling silenced.

I am posting the link from my ME space in the way that I know how to do it.

YouTube- Wedding Dance

Now *this* is a chair dance!!!
On behalf of all the goyum in the chair dance community I'd like to offer a sincere apology for the antisemitism and exclusion displayed by the previous absence of the great Jewish Wedding Chair Dance in this thread.

Thank you for correcting this imbalance with your excellent post. Some of my best friends are Jewish. Or at least some of my best friend's friends.
Well I know a few anyway. At least I think so. We suspect they are. You can't always tell.

By way of apology let me post a beautiful song by that great Jewish Diva, Barbra Streisand. Lekhaim!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5jYbtUzZhY"]YouTube- BARBRA STREISAND - Christmas Mem'ries[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #38
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default The True Pointe of Holiday Spirit

One of the most memorable and unique holiday chair dance performances in the history of the art.

A true symbiosis between dancer and chair- en pointe!

The artist dresses in pantsuit to match the chair (almost), and remains firmly riveted to the goldleaf bamboo-sateen seat, which she strokes, rubs, and touches in a manner that conveys true love of the chair, and the act of sitting.

Interesting use of seated snakedance, exopthalmic synchronized eye movements, jazz-hand-and-toe-combo (!) and some unique head/shoulder action that initially “reads” as some sort of tic or spasticity but is then revealed to be part of the self-styled choreography.

Ample use of dry ice and tossing of glitter underlines the “otherness” of both holiday mythology, and the chair dance itself.

Sublime. Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfD7FzcjVyQ"]YouTube- Kate Bush - December Will Be Magic Again - Snowtime Special[/ame]
Happy Holidays!

Old 12-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #39
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default disgusting display of barely disguised mockery

as a self-identified non-gender specific non-chair (who is brilliant and has command of a vast vocabulary that is better than yours) i object to the anti-non-chair language of this thread and will be reporting you to both the carpenter's and the fabricator's unions post haste.

additionally, to prove that non-gender specific non-chairs have just as much if not more talent as chairs (gender specific or otherwise) i have included a video presentation (complete with detailed instructions compliments of my impressively expensive and extremely superior academic qualifications) of our extreme gloriosity which will shame mere furniture everywhere into immediate and humbled silence.

it is with great honor and pseudo-humility that i present to you...

The Superior Academic Dancers - Neo Evolutionary Retro Dance Symposium 2009

<<<insert SAD NERDS Video here>>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxggjClvbc"]YouTube- USC Staff Retirement Association "Chair Dancing"[/ame]

Last edited by hippieflowergirl; 12-26-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: too busy laughing at myself to pay attention to editing
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:56 AM   #40
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
as a self-identified non-gender specific non-chair
Non-chairs are welcome in this thread as long as they are allies of chairs, or chair dancers (amateur or professional) or chair dancing supporters and aficionados.
(who is brilliant and has command of a vast vocabulary that is better than yours)
And who are modest
i object to the anti-non-chair language of this thread and will be reporting you to both the carpenter's and the fabricator's unions post haste.
My team of attorneys will respond to you shortly... And while you do not ID as "chair", you are still a surface upon which to sit (or dance) No?
it is with great honor and pseudo-humility that i present to you...

The Superior Academic Dancers - Neo Evolutionary Retro Dance Symposium 2009

<<<insert SAD NERDS Video here>>>

The idea that gender undefined non-chairs are sad nerds is indeed sad! We support you in your efforts to achieve peace and happiness (but nerds are cool so have at it).
YouTube- USC Staff Retirement Association "Chair Dancing"
That Retired USC Staff Association video is really sweet, although badly filmed. As someone who has personally conducted low-impact seated exercise programs for mobility impaired folks I can assure readers that there is a serious, therapeutic side (no joking here) to seated exercise and dance. And then there are some folks who have no legs, or no use of their legs. They take seated dance seriously, dance circles around those who are typically abled, and Kick Ass, chair-dance wise...
Like this couple, who put most mobility-typical couples to shame:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCsdgCNFhjg"]YouTube- Unbelievable wheelchair dancer[/ame]
Not so funny tonight, but more a "fan" mood inspired by your USC Video post..
Blessings and thanks to all the amazing dancers who dance and let nothing (like being seated) get in their way. Sorry to break away from the satire for a minute but I've been pondering how to say this since I introduced the thread...