Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #381
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

so many deep dish pizza joints to pick from but try

Pequod's 2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago,

The edges of the almost-2-inch-high crust is blackened to crispy perfection, making the mozzarella where the two meet caramelized heaven.
I'm thinking for sure a repeat visit here again during the Thanksgiving visit...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #382
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Wormhole Coffee 1462 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago

I just received a text from my grandniece telling me to add this place to our must visits while in Chicago during Thanksgiving. From what she texted I get they have an awesome collection of 80's movie items including lots of Star Wars memorabilia and a full size Delorean time machine as seen in Back To The Future. Funny thing is she didn't even mention how the coffee is...LOL
Old 11-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #383
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Going to be in Chicago???

Why not check out this tour........

Notorious mobsters like Al Capone and John Dillinger are the characters who come to mind when someone mentions the Windy City. Chicago Crime Tours takes visitors on a bus tour highlighting these gangsters' lives. The route weaves across the city, highlighting memorable crime scenes and educating travelers on Chicago history from the 19th century to modern times. There is also a walking tour option that includes samples of the city's famous pizza.

Chicago Crime Tours picks up groups at the intersection of Pearson Street and Michigan Avenue, just off of northern Chicago's Magnificent Mile. The Crime & Pizza Walk starts at the Pizzeria Uno at 29 E. Ohio. Tours depart several times during the day (for all ages) and the night tour operates most evenings at 8 p.m. (must be 21 years or older). Tickets are $39.95 for the Chicago Crime Tour, $45 for the Night Crimes Tour and $50 for the Crime & Pizza Walk. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or from a guide at the bus.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #384
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Paper Source
919 W Armitage Ave (b/t Bissell St & Fremont St) Lincoln Park area Chicago
Old 11-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #385
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Wormhole Coffee 1462 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago

I just received a text from my grandniece telling me to add this place to our must visits while in Chicago during Thanksgiving. From what she texted I get they have an awesome collection of 80's movie items including lots of Star Wars memorabilia and a full size Delorean time machine as seen in Back To The Future. Funny thing is she didn't even mention how the coffee is...LOL
I'm not really a coffee drinker but I have to admit this was pretty cool....
Old 11-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #386
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Going to Chicago soon?

Quote:
If you're looking for a decently priced hotel and want to be on Chicago's north-side in the heart of Boys Town, please check out Hotel Versey! It's just been newly refurnished!

Hotel Versey
644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614
Phone: (773) 525-7010
I still stand by this......a good place, a good price, and an excellent location..
Old 11-28-2018, 09:21 PM   #387
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Going here! It closed after 56 years so sorry to say!
I am happy to report this has now re-opened as Eggsperience! 3233 N Broadway St,
Chicago

To me it seemed pretty similar in menu selections and food quality but most importantly remains as one of the best people watching venues in Boystown as well...
Old 11-28-2018, 09:53 PM   #388
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

so many deep dish pizza joints to pick from but try

Pequod's 2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago,

The edges of the almost-2-inch-high crust is blackened to crispy perfection, making the mozzarella where the two meet caramelized heaven.
Excellent and even better cold if possible...
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #389
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Excellent and even better cold if possible...
yum..i haven't had Chicago pizza in a long while..lucky
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 PM   #390
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Going to be in Chicago and looking for something warm you up?

1747 N Damen Ave Chicago

SO much more than just hot chocolate too!

We didn't order off the menu just had a goodie and a cup of coca but it was delish..........
Old 11-28-2018, 10:17 PM   #391
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Visiting Chicago and want a Chicago Dog or an Italian Roast Beef?

100 W. Ontario

We stumbled upon this while looking for a place to use the restroom! So glad we did.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:09 AM   #392
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Going to be shopping for a music lover in Chicago soon?

1379 N Milwaukee Ave Chicago

There are a couple different locations but I do believe this is the one my nephew and grandniece dragged me to! Great selection of vinyl and decent prices compared to other places.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:19 AM   #393
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Shopping for a chef while visiting The Windy City?

Check out The Spice House 1512 N Wells St, Chicago.

My nephew's wife loves this place and I got helpful suggestions.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:32 AM   #394
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Got a smoker to buy for?

They had a good selection of tobacco, pipes, and cigars to select from plus the guy there was very "entertaining".

Iwan Ries & Co
19 S Wabash Ave 2nd floor, Chicago
Old 11-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #395
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Looking for a personalized gift for someone?

Cards, stationary, and so much more!

All She Wrote 825 W Armitage Ave Chicago
Old 11-29-2018, 08:02 AM   #396
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Who doesn't enjoy tropical tiki bars and craft cocktails..

Three Dots And A Dash 435 N Clark St, Chicago (follow Tiki torches down the alley between Hubbard and Illinois)

Another place my nephew introduced me to! A somewhat limited menu but I must admit they had the best coconut shrimp I've ever tasted.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:23 AM   #397
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default What's a trip to Chicago without visiting at least one Irish bar.

Kerryman Irish Bar 661 N Clark St, Chicago

Not being a fan of Shepherds Pie like the rest of my family, I opted for the steak and chips instead!
Old 11-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #398
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Smoke Daddy BBQ 1804 W Division St, Chicago

Best slab of ribs ever! In fact so good we ordered twice.........
Old 11-29-2018, 08:50 AM   #399
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Green Door Tavern 678 N Orleans St, Chicago

I enjoyed the crispy-braised beef sandwich which was beef,
havarti, horseradish sauce, on a pretzel bun. I was SO tempted to try something called Kentucky Truck Stop but by then my clothes already seemed a big snugger!
Old 11-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #400
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Looking for a remembrance of your Chicago visit?

Bye Bye Chicago Michigan Ave (other locations too I believe)

This is one of the better and more reasonable priced places for souvenirs and Chicago clothing items IMHO