Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie Introductions

Newbie Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #61
ArtistLady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Single

ArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciouskiwi View Post
Hi, hope you have a great time here at the planet and there are quite a few artistic-art and crafty folks.

What kinds of dogs and cats do you have?
Spoiled ones . I have a Jack Russell, a chihuahua, a solid white cat, an orange tabby and a Siamese along with about 25 very large and beautiful pond goldfish. All but the fish are rescues which, IMHO, are the very best.
ArtistLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArtistLady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #62
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistLady View Post
Hello I'm new here and just looking for friends. I am from AL where I live with my family of cats, dogs and fish. And... I'm not very good with introductions.

Welcome to The Planet ArtistLady
You'll be happy to know there are others here from AL, various areas
Nice to see you're a lover of rescues, I have a house full of kitty rescues...much more than I ever wanted.

I hope you enjoy yourself here and make lots of new friends to last a lifetime.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #63
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, just wanted to say hello from England. Just chilling here with my little girl, watching Star Wars and getting ready to go to her friend's food drive, something I never heard of before, it's a party collecting food to donate to a local cause. Yesterday we went to a 2nd birthday party. Busy social life these kids have...

Hope everyone is enjoying the run up to Christmas. Hugs to anyone who isn't...

peace

pxo

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #64
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome peachy!

Pleasure to have you here

Yes, kids today do have a busy social life! My daughters are forever driving the little ones everywhere!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #65
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome Artist Lady!

I hope you will enjoy your time on the Planet!

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #66
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Hello and welcome to all the new folks..

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #67
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Hello to all the new folks......MShey, sarafemme, peachy pie, ArtistLady, Delsdaughter, and Redsunflower! Sorry if I missed anyone. Hope you all have a great time here.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #68
Mel

How Do You Identify?:
I'm just me

Mel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST ReputationMel Has the BEST Reputation

Hi. I'm Mel. I think I'm doing this wrong. The innerwebs drive me nuts.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #69
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Hi. I'm Mel. I think I'm doing this wrong. The innerwebs drive me nuts.
*G* Hi Mel! It looks to me like you are doing just fine! Welcome to the Planet!!! Make yourself comfy, it will feel like home in no time!

Whatever you fear most has no power. It is your fear that holds the power.
-Oprah Winfrey
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #70
Crow

How Do You Identify?:
lgbTq...the T...that's me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. From my head down to my toes.
Relationship Status:
Sane

Crow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST ReputationCrow Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Location...Location...Location

So....livin on the big city now!

Any friendly advice on where a trans guy might feel welcome in the Seattle club scene?

Ladies????
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #71
Sev

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Sev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST Reputation
Default Greetings everybody....Newbie just landed

[quote=Linus;682699]We had introduced a minimum post count but that presents a challenge for new people who want to introduce themselves so I've created this thread to help.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Tell us a little bit about yourselves!

I'm a typical Virgo , and a Rooster in Chinese horoscope.
I'm a very down to earth type who loves nature though I don't get to be outdoors much due to the sad English weather. I am Spanish born and raised in Australia. Currently living in London UK for family reasons.
Broke up with my GF about a year ago and I think its now a good time to get myself out there again. Maybe start the new year with fresh ideas, meet new faces and just enjoy life. I work from home so I don't get to socialize much. I guess also because I have OCD and this sort of gets in the way and I'm just trying now to work around it and live with it.

What excites you?
The things that excite me the most would be my work as I do get to meet a lot of interesting people everyday. Right now I'm excited to be here writing all this as it has been a while.

Where are you in this big bold world?
At the moment Im in London

What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are reading , My favourite authors are Poppy Z Brite and James Herbert.

I love to cook. I enjoy Mediation and yoga. I also enjoy building websites, though I'm self taught I really enjoy it.

What brought you here?
Im here because I wanted a place on the web where I can just hang out and write, and read and learn. I enjoy forums and I just felt that it was about time I came out of my hiding hole. Thank you
Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #72
Dash
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Dash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST Reputation

Just a quick hello from NYC.
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #73
Sev

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Sev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Just a quick hello from NYC.

Hello Hello Dash
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #74
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation
Default Welcome

Hello to new members of the Planet. You will Love it here!! Make yourselves at home, but no mud on the carpets please

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #75
Sev

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
Hello to new members of the Planet. You will Love it here!! Make yourselves at home, but no mud on the carpets please
Thank you Trev...I promise to take my shoes of first...
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #76
odd_boi_out

How Do You Identify?:
transmasculine, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
they
Relationship Status:
Single

odd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone! So, I joined here about a year ago, lurked for a while, forgot about this place, and then re-found it again today. Figured it's high time to introduce myself, so here goes:

My name is Liam, and I'm a trans-masculine person in my mid-twenties living in California. I've identified as a lot of things over the last ten years or so, from lesbian to butch to genderqueer to FTM, and just when I thought I had it all figured out, now I'm finding that calling myself genderqueer or TG butch seems to fit better. I'm not super comfortable talking about this in the trans-specific online spaces that I frequent, as I fear that any expression of this shift in my identity would be interpreted as regret or a desire to detransition, which is not how I feel at all. So I appreciate this space, which appears to have people with a variety of different identities represented, accepted, and engaged in dialogue.

Other things about me: I love hiking, backpacking, and just being out in nature. I also really enjoy swimming, reading, and singing. I'm extremely introverted, and quite shy, especially at first. I'm currently finishing up a masters degree in social work, which keeps me extremely busy, but I love it. That's all for now; hope to get to know some of you a bit more later.
odd_boi_out is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to odd_boi_out For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #77
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by odd_boi_out View Post
Hi everyone! So, I joined here about a year ago, lurked for a while, forgot about this place, and then re-found it again today. Figured it's high time to introduce myself, so here goes:

My name is Liam, and I'm a trans-masculine person in my mid-twenties living in California. I've identified as a lot of things over the last ten years or so, from lesbian to butch to genderqueer to FTM, and just when I thought I had it all figured out, now I'm finding that calling myself genderqueer or TG butch seems to fit better. I'm not super comfortable talking about this in the trans-specific online spaces that I frequent, as I fear that any expression of this shift in my identity would be interpreted as regret or a desire to detransition, which is not how I feel at all. So I appreciate this space, which appears to have people with a variety of different identities represented, accepted, and engaged in dialogue.

Other things about me: I love hiking, backpacking, and just being out in nature. I also really enjoy swimming, reading, and singing. I'm extremely introverted, and quite shy, especially at first. I'm currently finishing up a masters degree in social work, which keeps me extremely busy, but I love it. That's all for now; hope to get to know some of you a bit more later.

Welcome to the site! As you explore the threads, I think you'll find several posts related to the journey many people have taken in terms of their identity. I identify as queer (femme), as I feel it more aptly identifies my sexuality and identity - none of the other labels seem to quite fit for the last several years, although at one time or another I identified as bisexual, lesbian, dyke. I hope you'll feel comfortable enough here to share your experiences - you fit right in!

Welcome again, and enjoy!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #78
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Welcome to BFP!

As you have noted, we have every identity under the rainbow represented here and are accepting of all.

I hope that you feel comfortable and know that you are welcomed here

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #79
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Just wanted to welcome all the newbies.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #80
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Welcome to all the newbies...enjoy the Planet....