gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Listen to those (many) moments when there are no words.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #642
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Keep the passion alive!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #643
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Keep lines of communication open
Listen with an open heart and no judgement
Show love and appreciation
Show compassion and empathy
Continue to date

etc.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 06:31 AM   #644
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile What to do in a relationship, eh?

the very word relationship comes from the word relate,
to feel related to another
to feel it deeply in your heart, in your mind, in your blood
that is the very essence of relationship
to lie to another human being would mean that you don't really care for that person, and that there never was any kind of real relationship to begin with;
we are all connected, and a liar is someone who doesn't care about the consequences to humanity for their lies;
I don't bother about such people, whether they lie to me or to someone else, they have their own life, such as it is
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #645
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

being in a relationship to me was the friendship side of love .
passion is what brought us together and maintained our life's desires
but the friendship that became the source of our full time exsistance with eachother. Understanding we have no right to change them or ourselves be true to thy own self. Accept, don't judge. We all change threw the years, be able to laugh and or engulf the changes . Every change has passion, be a part of it or you will loose your lust for life . Don't loose your smile .
Old 01-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #646
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Show them by your deeds how much they are loved...talk is easy, actions speak louder.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #647
Clyde

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Queer Butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/They.
Relationship Status:
Butchelor.

Clyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST Reputation

Be true to your word, only make promises you intend to keep. Resolve issues in the now, rather than deferring them.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #648
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Show them by your deeds how much they are loved...talk is easy, actions speak louder.
This is why I think people should read Gary Chapman's book...
The 5 Love Languages! My top three love languages: Receiving of Gifts, Quality Time spent together, and Physical Touch.....

Nice post, Ms Tinkerbelly!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #649
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
being in a relationship to me was the friendship side of love .
passion is what brought us together and maintained our life's desires
but the friendship that became the source of our full time exsistence with each other. Understanding we have no right to change them or ourselves be true to thy own self. Accept, don't judge. We all change threw the years, be able to laugh and or engulf the changes . Every change has passion, be a part of it or you will loose your lust for life . Don't loose your smile .
I loved reading your post, ~ocean..... it's so evident to me how you fathom the breadth and depth of an maturity present in an successful romantic relationship.

And,,,,, SO true about not losing your smile!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #650
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
The 5 Love Languages! My top three love languages: Receiving of Gifts, Quality Time spent together, and Physical Touch.....

Nice post, Ms Tinkerbelly!
I so agree Miss Katz... Knowing someone's love sign just makes good common sense IMHO
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #651
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
Be true to your word, only make promises you intend to keep. Resolve issues in the now, rather than deferring them.

Very good advice Clyde
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #652
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I absolutely agree that this is a must read for all entering and currently in relationships. I have had such struggles with partners not knowing my love language and not respecting or understanding why mine was different than there's. I think knowing would help to have a successful relationship.

[There is also "The 5 Love Languages for Men" as well]
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #653
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

It is, I believe, inevitable that relationships leave us with baggage. Life gives us baggage. It's part of what makes who and how we are. I think it's so important, albeit often incredibly difficult, to do our best not to let that baggage negatively impact new and burgeoning relationships. It's not fair that a new person has to bear the brunt of crap another has burdened us with. No doubt some of that is unavoidable, but do what needs to be done to lessen the load. See a therapist, exercise self care, talk with good friends...find an emotional baggage porter.

We owe it to ourselves and whoever comes next.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #654
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
It is, I believe, inevitable that relationships leave us with baggage. Life gives us baggage. It's part of what makes who and how we are. I think it's so important, albeit often incredibly difficult, to do our best not to let that baggage negatively impact new and burgeoning relationships. It's not fair that a new person has to bear the brunt of crap another has burdened us with. No doubt some of that is unavoidable, but do what needs to be done to lessen the load. See a therapist, exercise self care, talk with good friends...find an emotional baggage porter.

We owe it to ourselves and whoever comes next.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:18 PM   #655
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

be sure the other knows every single day, that they are loved
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #656
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Default addendum, to complete this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
the very word relationship comes from the word relate,
to feel related to another
to feel it deeply in your heart, in your mind, in your blood
that is the very essence of relationship
to lie to another human being would mean that you don't really care for that person, and that there never was any kind of real relationship to begin with;
we are all connected, and a liar is someone who doesn't care about the consequences to humanity for their lies;
I don't bother about such people, whether they lie to me or to someone else, they have their own life, such as it is
it occurred to me, that there is a second part to the above, as follows:
when one feels related to another (as above), there is no way one could or would harm/hurt the other, as it would be like harming/hurting oneself
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 02:02 AM   #657
ardentfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
~daydreaming~

ardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I hope this isn’t derailing the thread, but regarding the topic of baggage, I’ve done a lot of reflecting lately about how we learn from relationships. Essentially, how to contextualize difficult (and sometimes painful) lessons we’ve learned from exes or even friends and family. So, instead of viewing one’s “baggage” as “I have trust issues because someone hurt me,” one could view it in a positive light by spinning it as “Oh, I learned that not everyone deserves my immediate trust. I should wait to get to know someone and then make an informed decision about whether or not to trust them, to what degree, and with which specific things.”

I really do believe the relationships we have and the people we meet all serve to teach us something. Even if it’s what we don’t want.

Anyway, this mentality has been really helpful for me. I hope it proves equally beneficial for y’all.

xoxo

Last edited by ardentfemme; 01-18-2018 at 02:15 AM.
ardentfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ardentfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 06:18 AM   #658
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentfemme View Post
I hope this isn’t derailing the thread, but regarding the topic of baggage, I’ve done a lot of reflecting lately about how we learn from relationships. Essentially, how to contextualize difficult (and sometimes painful) lessons we’ve learned from exes or even friends and family. So, instead of viewing one’s “baggage” as “I have trust issues because someone hurt me,” one could view it in a positive light by spinning it as “Oh, I learned that not everyone deserves my immediate trust. I should wait to get to know someone and then make an informed decision about whether or not to trust them, to what degree, and with which specific things.”

I really do believe the relationships we have and the people we meet all serve to teach us something. Even if it’s what we don’t want.

Anyway, this mentality has been really helpful for me. I hope it proves equally beneficial for y’all.

xoxo
Hi AF.

I totally love the reframe. i used to say i needed to put my *must have* list out to the universe to attract the right partner for me when it was time. Well i did that, and they showed up! They had all the things on my list.

They also had addictions, anger issues, major debt, insecurities etc... i learned the hard way that that sort of *baggage* can outweigh all the good stuff...

So now i have a *must have* and *must not have* list..... and it worked!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #659
cutegrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single but taken

cutegrrl is on a distinguished road
Default Many things....

Listen more and talk less. I think that listening is a skill that needs to be really sharpened. If we listened more we would are less and have less misunderstandings.
cutegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cutegrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #660
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentfemme View Post

xoxo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: