Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I know that being a caregiver causes a lot of stress on each ourselves, we just have to remember that all of us need time to ourselves and sometimes therapy to cope with things that we are living with doing for our loved ones. I hope if any of you are feeling overwhelmed, that you seek out a therapist that you can trust to help you cope.
I know I had to after my stepfather died and I got the brunt end of mom's anger issues with losing him. It was aweful hateful on me and I about lost my sanity until I sought out help from my psych. doc that set me up to see a therapist so I could learn new coping skills to deal with my mom and her behavior towards me. It's better now that I don't live with her. At least now I can just get in my truck and go home to get away from her anger issues and yelling at me for things beyond my control or hers. She gets in moods where she's so angry and bitter about her life and how hard it is on her to survive and the loss of my stepfather and his help. I understand it but it doesn't make it right for me to have to be mom's target. It makes me nuts when she does that stuff. So now I just get in my truck and leave and go home to my own peace and serenity here in my little apt. just 15 miles from her.
Makes me sad that I have to do that, but I cannot be that target for her anymore.
I learned not to have any guilt about leaving her when she' s so angry and going home. It used to tear me up inside, but now I do not let it get to me that way anymore.

Keep coming back Redsunflower. Thanks for your input and story.

Tags
caregiver, stress