Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Post Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch"

I really enjoy this show. I have been watching it for about 2 or 3 years now. I never get tired of it.

Today I just learned that Capt. Phil Harris died on Jan. 29th as a result of a stroke. I don't know what anyone else thinks of this man, but I thought Capt. Phil had a sense of humor and was a real family man. I hope and pray his children take over the boat, and carry on the legacy.

I wish his bio-family and his sea family comfort and inner peace.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I watch catch all the time when its on,Capt.Phill will be definatly missed.Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so sad over the death of Captain Phil. If you've ever watched the show you'll know he was (and is) the best.
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
Mr.Nobody

How Do You Identify?:
Niizh manidoowag...
Preferred Pronoun?:
I prefer amature nouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,528 Times in 536 Posts
Mr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST Reputation

R.I.P. Skipper
Old 02-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Farewell Captain Phil

It's all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we're wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd drive all night just to get back home

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
And the people I meet always go their separate ways
Sometimes you tell the day
By the bottle that you drink
And times when you're alone all you do is think

I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back
I play for keeps, 'cause I might not make it back
I been everywhere, and I'm standing tall
I've seen a million faces an I've rocked them all

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
I'm a cowboy, I got the night on my side
I'm wanted dead or alive
And I ride, dead or alive
I still drive, dead or alive
Dead or alive
Old 02-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
SyrBlackwolff

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy, hym..she if you must

SyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Capt. Phil

I have been a die hard fan of the show ever since it started!!! Capt. Phil will surely be missed. He was an old seadog for sure and died doing what he loved. Jake and Josh I'm sure will continue on, in his honor. The captain's chair will be hard to fill.

I wish the Harris family all the best at this time.

Keep on fishin'
SyrBlackwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyrBlackwolff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

I loved the show when i had cable but can't afford it now. But every chance I got that i could watch it at someones house i had great respect for them.
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Oddly, I will watch this show. Great adventure. What a tough job! Ever been on a lobster boat? Dear God! The stench alone ... it's hideous. Chum. Yuck.

Interesting show.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

The season premiere was this evening. It was fabulous! There was even a "pon pon" rescue. The only black spot is that Captain Phil is no longer going to lead us on our quest for Opi's! : (

Happy crabbing!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #10
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

My fav show hands down! I've watched it from it's inception, have never missed an episode. Captain Phil has always been my favorite captain. I'm really saddened over his passing. The show tells of the hardships of the most dangerous job but also the closeness of the fishermen.

I think this season is going to be a rough one to watch with Phil dying and then Keith (I think that's his name) and Jonathon fighting.

~~~shark~~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

When Cpt. Jonathan shoved Cpt. Keith I thought Cpt. Keith was gonna blow a gasket!
Notice Cpt Phil was the peace maker?
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #12
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah Capt.Phil is a class act..It was really weired to be watch last night cause its like watching the last days of someones life...creepy.Oh yes, things are changing and will change lots more.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I absolutely adore the show!!! I've been waiting for this new season for many months!!!

I wish they'd shown more about how Russell got canned from the Wizard. The last show of the last season kinda left that up in the air when he went to work on the Wizard.

~Theo~
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

For me, I love watching how the Bering Sea waves change. One minute it is flat as a pancake and the next the waves are as tall as buildings. I can understand how fisherman are supersticous.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
When Cpt. Jonathan shoved Cpt. Keith I thought Cpt. Keith was gonna blow a gasket!
Notice Cpt Phil was the peace maker?
You know, it kinda makes me wonder how Keith and Andy feel now, as they watch how they acted with each other and seeing (now dead) Phil having to step between them.

To me, that made it all the sadder to watch.

~Theo~
Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
You know, it kinda makes me wonder how Keith and Andy feel now, as they watch how they acted with each other and seeing (now dead) Phil having to step between them.

To me, that made it all the sadder to watch.

~Theo~
I hope they have learned something. Life is short, and pettiness is not worth a friend.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Default The Lobstermen

I am hooked on this show now. It is truely amazing to me how they catch lobsters. I hate to see the trawlers dragging their nets though. With that, they kill so much...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums
Default Capt. Phil's Last Days

I found this article online. I think it came from People Magazine. From what I can find, from reading from various sources, the plan for interment of Phil Harris' remains is to scatter his ashed in the Bering Sea at the opening of the Fall 2010 King Crab season. It hasn't been determined if this will be shown when that season is televised, next spring.

Anyway, here's the article:

Before his death on Feb. 9 at 53, Phil Harris, the tough and colorful captain of the Cornelia Marie on Discovery’s Deadliest Catch, fought against all odds, came out of a medically-induced coma following lengthy surgery, spent a few more days with friends and family – and set his two sons on a course for a strong future.

“I think that miraculous recovery that happened so rapidly and blew the doctors’ minds away was so that he could say the things that he had to say to the people he had to say them to,” says Dan Mittman, Harris’s best friend for 36 years.

As Harris recovered from his recent stroke at an Anchorage hospital, “I got five days to actually talk with him,” says son Josh, 26. “We had nine days total that we were there to enjoy a few moments with him. We had our closest people there and it was awesome. ”

Coping with Pain

Phil Harris began this January’s opilio crab-fishing season dealing with injury and concerns about his health on the high seas, according to friends and family. “You talk about pain,” says Josh, “but my dad had four crushed disks in his back, so he had been in pain the whole trip and that affected his fishing, too.”

According to Todd Stanley, the Catch producer and cameraman who’d spent years with Harris, “he seemed like he’d just gotten tireder and tireder. I mean, his pulmonary embolism [in 2008] really did it in for him.”

After hurricane-force winds knocked Harris from his bunk to a desk two years ago, and Stanley and the men on the boat forced Harris back to port to address his blood clot and bad health, the man who had an on-the-job habit of smoking cigarettes, eating high-calorie diets with his crew, drinking cases of Red Bull and downing pots of coffee knew he had to alter his lifestyle.

“He did cut back on energy drinks, quite a bit from what he’d usually do,” says Josh, “but [doctors] have determined that smoking was the cause of this, and that was always his biggest habit. He had changed a lot of his habits but just could never kick the smoking. He started working with that electronic cigarette but, not used to it, he didn’t know how to charge it. He just kept smoking.”

‘Just Paralyzed’

While off-loading crab in Alaska on Jan. 29, Cornelia Marie engineer Steve Ward found Phil Harris on the floor of his room, unable to move. Harris called for son Josh, who in turn, got Todd Stanley to stay with him while Josh called 911.

“The whole left side of his face was in paralysis, and that was hard,” Josh says. “He couldn’t move his arms or anything, he was just paralyzed on the floor.”

After being treated “damn near two years to the day,” says Josh, at the same St. Paul Sound clinic that helped him with his blood clot, Phil was medivacked to a hospital in Anchorage and underwent a long operation.

Crucial Days in Anchorage

A few days after Jan. 31, Phil Harris came out of a medically induced coma and right away started asking for friends to spend time with him.

“Phil and I have sat up and had many arguments about what it is to produce a good story,” says cameraman Stanley. “When he called me into the room that day, after 20 minutes of trying to understand what he was saying, because he could barely talk, he scribbled on a piece of paper, ‘Got to get the ending, ending to the story.’ I said, ‘Do you want me filming?’ He just looked at me with those blue eyes, man, and he was shaking his head yes, and shaking his hand with excitement.”
‘So He Could Be at Peace’
In the four days prior to his death, “he was Phil,” says Mittman. “We sat up and talked until midnight, not constantly because of catnaps, but that was our quiet time away from the cameras. We talked in detail, and he had regrets, and he shared them with me and he probably shared them with his sons. He accomplished what he needed to get done so he could be at peace.”

Harris talked to younger son Jake, 24, whom he told PEOPLE in 2008 “has fishing in his blood,” about the business. “I’m going to be looking at that [captain's] chair in a different way,” Jake says. “We definitely talked about it, but I just didn’t expect this to happen so soon. That’s definitely something where I would take over and take the responsibility.”

As for his older son, “he told me to get out of fishing,” Josh says. “I do love fishing, don’t get me wrong, but it was one of those deals where he wanted to see me do something better. He gave me the encouragement. My life goal was to show him I could be a man, you know, and I could fish, and I did the best job that I could, and he recognized that as being a good job and gave me kudos.”

But on Feb. 9, after walking for a bit and working on physical therapy, Phil Harris sat down in his bed next to best friend Dan Mittman to take a break. “He said, ‘Danny, I don’t feel as good as I did yesterday,’ ” Mittman recalls. “They rolled about five doctors through there and they said, ‘You can stay here,’ but, I understood, though.”

Later that day, Phil died with his closest family and friends surrounding him.

http://www.corneliamarie.com/capt-ph...-of-capt-phil/
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

I just want to note here that, when Phil threw that first embolism, I said RIGHT AWAY..."QUIT fucking smoking!!". People just don't take this seriously. I see this shit Every. Stinking. Day. at work. I see people suffering, gasping for breath, and dying of heart and lung disease caused by cigarette smoking. If you're already predisposed to heart disease by heredity or other factors, and you are smoking, you are cutting more than you'd care to know of your years of life off. Quitting is the single most significant thing you can do to improve your chances of not dying of heart and/or lung disease.

I wish Phil would have made a better effort to quit his habit, especially after the first embolism, which should have been a HUGE wakeup call. It's all so very, very sad.

~Theo~
Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMBERWOLF View Post
I loved the show when i had cable but can't afford it now. But every chance I got that i could watch it at someones house i had great respect for them.
You can watch it for free on Hulu.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote