How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,112 Times in 5,115 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
reading a dummy guide to astrophysics..& loving it
I read Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson and I loved it. I so much enjoy the way he explains things. He's so personable and easygoing.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 05:17 PM   #3382
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,455 Times in 2,629 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Reading now.

The Tudors by G.J. Meyer is Meyers research into the famous period in Britian when France overthrew the British crown and ruled for 50 years during the 1400s until his son Henry V111 rose up and took all in his sight even downing the Catholic Church and seperating Englands power to The Church of England. If there is interest in this era it is quite exposure to the truth behind the throne.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2023, 10:39 PM   #3383
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Holly by Stephen King. My client let me borrow it. I forgot what a wonderfully descriptive writer King is…
Old 01-14-2024, 10:23 PM   #3384
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished listening to a wonderful 12-part PODCAST called "Ride of Passage". It's the story of a young man in his early 20s who rode his horse alone across America, from the west coast to the east coast. Actually, there were several horses and one mule, and it took him about three years to make the trip.

Of course, if you're a horse-loving person, you absolutely must listen to this podcast. If you're otherwise on the fence about listening to it, Matt's adventures are engrossing, from the physical hardships of the journey to the mental trials to emotional triumphs . We meet all kinds of people along the way, most helpful and kind (but a few not). We hear about Matt's solitude and lessons about life, horses, people and himself. I'm a little sad that the podcast is over, and I highly suggest listening to it.

It was produced by Michigan Public Radio, and you should be able to find "Ride of Passage" about Matt Parker wherever you usually find your podcasts.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2024, 06:30 PM   #3385
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I spent the afternoon reading a 92 page court document which documented the many ways that a particular person and members of their family defrauded the banking industry, real estate industry and made a mockery of the fine art of accounting. This court document may well become part of text book case law on the many ways con artists commit fraud by moving the goal posts and deliberately lying about all things those in the field of accounting consider cardinal sins worthy of being barred for a lifetime or more.

Three cheers for the judge, his staff, the state of New York and the Office of The Attorney General for their hard work in holding the orange weasel and his co-conspirators accountable.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2024, 03:25 PM   #3386
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today, because as Americans we are experiencing horrific levels of Dis- and Mis-information and also because democracy is under attack by a once-revered political party (the GOP, Republican Party) — the political party that hates social order, they hate immigrants, they hate anybody who is not white, they’re in love with lining their pockets with ill gotten means of income, they hate paying taxes, they just plain hate anybody that does not swallow their load of toxic bullshit, I am reading a post made by a law professor from George Mason University, concerning the most worst dictators who have committed mass murders and starved people to death or just horrifically done brutal things to others, just so they can be “powerful.”

Here is Ilya Somin’s (George Mason Law Professor) post: https://fee.org/articles/who-was-the...er-in-history/

And soon, over on a major news outlet, I’m going to read how a federal court judge denied T——p’s latest request to delay his comeuppance for lying about his taxes and business dealings since the early 1980s (decades of intentional lying).

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...y?id=107433418

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2024, 10:18 PM   #3387
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I need some bubble gum for my brain - something not taxing, something relaxing, something comforting. So I am re-reading an old favorite, Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey. Basically a fairy tale, which I have always loved.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading