Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dog Groomers

I'm curious if anyone here at BFP makes their living as a dog groomer? I don't recall seeing anyone mention this in any posts. It's something I'm seriously considering looking into now that I have time to go to school.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #2
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

When I was younger I found myself doing the prep work for a groomer. The gross stuff and I won't elborate here because you never know who may be eating while reading. But I'm certain you will figure it out. I love dogs! Heck I love all animals. I enjoyed dog grooming what I didn't enjoy was being bit, daily. Being wet, like the wrinkly been in the bathtub kind of wet. My back hurt nonstop. If you don't mind being on your feet all day, heavy lifting, hair in EVERYTHING you eat or drink and on everything you touch. I don't want to discourage you but you do hard enough work on the weekends and in your daily life. If you even want to remotely enjoy the time you have left on this earth. Find something that will be less taxing on you physically. What other interest do you have?

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
When I was younger I found myself doing the prep work for a groomer. The gross stuff and I won't elborate here because you never know who may be eating while reading. But I'm certain you will figure it out. I love dogs! Heck I love all animals. I enjoyed dog grooming what I didn't enjoy was being bit, daily. Being wet, like the wrinkly been in the bathtub kind of wet. My back hurt nonstop. If you don't mind being on your feet all day, heavy lifting, hair in EVERYTHING you eat or drink and on everything you touch. I don't want to discourage you but you do hard enough work on the weekends and in your daily life. If you even want to remotely enjoy the time you have left on this earth. Find something that will be less taxing on you physically. What other interest do you have?

Well I had thought about the vet tech program at the local college....... Don't know if I want to go to school and deal with all the math & stuff? I love animals and I wish I had made a career out of working with them instead of going into the field I did. I'm going to take my time and think it over before I decide on anything.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Check out different things that hold your interest or that you may even be remotely interested in. Shadow for a couple days, then shadow some more. I've been doing hair and nails for a very long time. I tried to go to beauty school when I was 18, I didn't last long. I dropped out. I was sad to say I was a beauty school drop out. I worked many jobs and the ones that touched me the most were the ones that had me helping people. I finally went and enrolled in Cosmetology school since at the time there were no scholarships available to just nail techs. I figured becoming well rounded in the beauty industry would be my ticket to better things. In a way it was until I got sick. Now I'm blessed enough to enjoy my life as a housewife who gets to be creative in different mediums that don't include hair and nails full-time. I hope you can find something that that speaks to your heart and allows you to do grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Well I had thought about the vet tech program at the local college....... Don't know if I want to go to school and deal with all the math & stuff? I love animals and I wish I had made a career out of working with them instead of going into the field I did. I'm going to take my time and think it over before I decide on anything.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post: