Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

ummm I may have made an appointment for Thursday to talk to a new-to-me artist about finishing up my Dad's tribute half-sleeve. This will be a cutesy pin-up girl, siting on a tank barrell, in WWII uniform-ish. The I can finish filling in around the pieces to complete the half-sleeve. This artist also will likely be the guy that I get to do my vampire portrait on my thigh...It's the Gary Senese, Dracula, in the suit, tophat, and purple glasses.

Nope....

Not addicting at all.

Nope.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation

I have 4 so far..Addicting i think probly for me..The cash flow has alot to do with getting my next one..Thinking how big i will go..I have 3 more i want to get then i will have 7 total and i cant think past those so i might be done..They are all close to my heart..I want to get one in memory of my dog..He has been gone for 6 years now..Kept thinking what i wanted and i came up with the perfect one for him..That one will probly be close to a weeks pay i am sure..It will be worth every dollar..I miss that dog..Then one thinking about my Mom and the last will be a fun one..I put alot of thought to all of them..When i keep thinking of the same thing and not changing things in the design then i know that is what i want..After the holiday-taxes-insurance stuff i am sure it will happen in a few months..As far as the endorphins go i dont think i have any..When i am done my stomach feels pukie and feel kinda dizzy..I go home and wait about an hour then the burning starts for a few hours not to mention when the water hits it in the shower..That hurts..Falling asleep no not me..I am to busy grinding my teeth hoping none of them chip into pieces..Maybe those are my endorphins..They hurt getting them but i love em..
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked_Trinity View Post
When I get tattooed I tend to fall asleep. I'm not sure if it's something physical or if it's the rhythmic sound of the gun. It's totally relaxing for me. I also love the smell of the A&D ointment.
The only thing that keeps me awake during a cutting is that I do not want any onlooker to think I passed out

Old 01-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #24
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I could sleep.

My adrenaline kicks in high gear and I get the shakes, so my focus becomes me silently willing myself to not shake. Can't sleep while doing that, sadly.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I wish I could sleep.

My adrenaline kicks in high gear and I get the shakes, so my focus becomes me silently willing myself to not shake. Can't sleep while doing that, sadly.
Guess i'm an odd duck..it's mesmerizing for me...the noise of the gun and the vibration of the needle/gun just takes me to a different place in my mind/soul...it's soothing and calming..almost trance like..next thing i know i'm asleep. Odd really. But i love them..i now have 9 and hate odd numbers so i will be getting a 10th soon. i don't see myself stopping anytime soon lol

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West

Last edited by msW8ing; 01-02-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Typo
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by msW8ing View Post
Guess i'm an odd duck..it's mesmerizing for me...the noise of the gun and the vibration of the needle/gun just takes me to a different place in my mind/soul...it's soothing and calming..almost trance like..next thing i know i'm asleep. Odd really. But i love them..i now have 9 and hate odd numbers so i will be getting a 10th soon. i don't see myself stopping anytime soon lol
lol

I hate even numbers so I think that qualifies me as being the odd duck.

I have 3 whole tats, but if you break down each time I've been under the gun for a touch up or add on, then it's more than twice that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #27
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Have some tats, I think my drive has always been more the particular tat or event, person place that inspired the tat... BUT I definitely find in the immediate situation of getting tattooed absolute and unusual enjoyment... *shrugs*
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #28
GPS
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy to my 5 year old..
Preferred Pronoun?:
Banned 12/27/2012 - Former member came back under a new name
Relationship Status:
Enjoying Life

Thanked 1,171 Times in 351 Posts
GPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST Reputation

i love ink.
i hate the pain
i love my half sleeve so far
i love the way it looks
i hate scabs

yeah for me its an addiction
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GPS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #29
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i don't have a tattoo, ... so i can't say. but i can see how it could be an addiction and creative expression. when a person gets so many tattoos that their body is covered, or close to it ... that has to be more on the line of addiction. but again, none here.

when i think of getting a tattoo, it feels so personal. so i can say for sure it wouldn't start off as an addiction. but no addiction does lol.

on the outside looking in, might say i'm skeered lol. nahhh
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #30
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

I may be in the stages of designing a new tattoo for my grandbabies..I have a picture in my mind that I am in love with and so suits my babygirls...but can't even think about having it inked on me until I have perfected said design...Valentines Day is my goal for this new tattoo.

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #31
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

I am heavily tattooed. I think for myself I am addicted to the rush of getting a tattoo. Even after so many, I still get nervous each and every time I get a new tattoo. Also, getting a tattoo is very relaxing and revitalizing to me and I go into my own space within my mind. Sometimes I fall asleep.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #32
GPS
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy to my 5 year old..
Preferred Pronoun?:
Banned 12/27/2012 - Former member came back under a new name
Relationship Status:
Enjoying Life

Thanked 1,171 Times in 351 Posts
GPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondrose View Post
I am heavily tattooed. I think for myself I am addicted to the rush of getting a tattoo. Even after so many, I still get nervous each and every time I get a new tattoo. Also, getting a tattoo is very relaxing and revitalizing to me and I go into my own space within my mind. Sometimes I fall asleep.
if i could fall asleep, i would be heavily tattoo'd

my last one made me tremble heavily and it hurt for nearly 10 days, my inner arms are so fresh, the skin is so new.

Anyway, i still love ink
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GPS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
The only thing that keeps me awake during a cutting is that I do not want any onlooker to think I passed out

LaneyDoll..
I was thinking that if you cant relax enough to fall asleep then you arent getting all what the cutting has to offer.. Maybe you need your cutter to give you a more private setting where people cant see you..If they cant give you a little more privacy then your cutter should understand your sleeping and keep the people away..Maybe i am wrong but its just what i am thinking..I dont understand the cutting thing but then again i do.. My wrists are full of scars from being cut at work and it kinda looks like i am a self cutter..When i would get cut i can feel the uneveness of the steel go right through my skin and not plesant for me..The burning would start because of the solvents and oils getting into my cut..Cant really get it cleaned good until i get home..
I do love getting tattoos and dislike the week of healing..The end result is well worth the pain..Happy cutting..
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 02:28 AM   #34
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

For me yes they are an addiction, a managed addiction.

17 and counting.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 AM   #35
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

I admit, I am adicted.

Before my first tattoo, people told me that they are painful. I was sitting there waiting for the excruciating pain to start. It never did.

Getting a tattoo puts me in some kind of trance. I love the feeling and, of course, love the end results

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #36
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Damn phone. I am addicted too. Lol

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 12:22 PM   #37
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I don't feel qualified to say whether getting tattoos is an addiction and I'm not really sure what health care professionals actually call an addiction, so I looked on Wikipedia and this is what the say:

Addiction is a state characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli, despite adverse consequences

I guess if you get tattoos in a "compulsive" way (perhaps that means, without much thought or consciousness about what you're doing); and get tattoos despite what might be "adverse consequences," then maybe it can be considered an addiction.

This is probably a really over-simplified view, but it's a place to start into the topic of whether it's an addiction.

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, and if I do, I will think a LOT about it and there will be nothing compulsive driving my decision.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:00 AM   #38
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone else getting any new tats?

I want another one next year, a bigger piece on my back to cover up an old tat.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:01 AM   #39
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I have zero tattoos and yet I'm obsessed with them and the idea of having them. I'm just indecisive and I don't think I can trust anyone. I'd like an appointment with Alice Carrier in Portland, but it must be impossible to get one.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:12 AM   #40
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
I have zero tattoos and yet I'm obsessed with them and the idea of having them. I'm just indecisive and I don't think I can trust anyone. I'd like an appointment with Alice Carrier in Portland, but it must be impossible to get one.
You can find a good trustworthy tattoo artist if you do your research. Most of my tats came from one specific tattoo shop but different artist. I check on the BBB website to see if they have good standing.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: