LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nothing but smiles

I spent the afternoon well a couple of hours at least with four other trans guys and it was beyond description. All of us are at different levels of transition and not one of us talked about it. It was just so unbelievable to be around guys that have been there, are going through it, that accept me as the real me and not the outer shell that the rest of society sees.
To top it off it is going to be a regular occurrence since the five us have something else in common beyond being trans.I do love the energy we share and the similar experience no matter our age or background. However I was a little envious of all the facial hair...(scratching my chin as I think this).
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I've lived in exactly four different places since I started transitioning. A small town in Michigan, Dallas ( for about a month and a half), Houston, and now here in Florida. I have had exactly ONE person clock me, since I have been here. Otherwise, no one seems to realize that I am ts, unless I tell them. It is interesting to look back, and see how hard that we fought to get where we are, when it finally happens, that we are accepted.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #23
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default BUMPING...

...in hopes of keeping a positive dialogue open. I had participated in a male-id butch / trans group at The Center in Manhattan. I was/am struck by how poorly people feel about themselves. It all starts with you: Self-love. Self-acceptance.

Discuss.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #24
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
It all starts with you: Self-love. Self-acceptance.

Discuss.
I would have to agree with this statement.

Sometimes I think it is hard for people to love themselves. In our society loving yourself is considered "vain" or "conceited". The fact is if you like and accept yourself as you are that is healthy.

Its hard to love and accept being in a body that feels "wrong". I can't speak for anyone else but myself really. I have some issues with dysphoria but I realize things like I can do most anything any other man can do. (I might need to attach somethings but hey, what guy wouldn't want to be any size he chooses at any given time? Haha) I also have come to realize that I don't have dysphoria about a lot of my body and I focus on the things I can do with it and what I am thankful for.

For trans folks there is a big focus on change that we have to let go of sometimes. We have to understand that what is on the inside is what counts and we are people despite our "parts". Those parts do not define us the way our souls do.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I just realized, yesterday, that I am likely going to have to train my new VA health care providers on transgender health care. This is going to be 'interesting'.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #26
SirLucian

How Do You Identify?:
Revenant I Have Become Indestructible
Preferred Pronoun?:
Vampir
Relationship Status:
Ageless One / My Coven, Commanding an Embodied Authority Not Ruled By External Opinions Or Behaviors

SirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool Thanks

for this thread
it is nice to have a space
for US
There is a certain Darkness here
Rock Walls Dripping with anticipation
Life is too long to Live alone
Family is Everything
SirLucian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SirLucian For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #27
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,857 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Reflection making me smile...
My cousin's initial response upon learning of my transition.
Which he later shared with me while we were both cracking up
and smoking cigars together.
"Well, we knew he was seriously butch, but not that butch."
Love it.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #28
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I am so grateful that I have such wonderful healthcare providers. I do not have health insurance, but I have healthcare for no/low income people. I did not join the clinic which targets trans folks, but one that targets native americans. Each person there treats me, as well as my partner, with respect and kindness, and I find them to be genuine. My doctor is just as excited about my pending top surgery, as I am. I wish every transperson had the resources available to them, that I do.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #29
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,857 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation
Default Smiles.

The Man In The Glass
Peter Dale Wimbrow Sr.

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #30
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default I hope it is ok for me to post in this space....

This story is about a week or two old, but it was just so refreshing to read an article about a transgendered individual that didn't have to do with them being murdered, bullied, assaulted, or committing suicide due to one or more of the aforementioned; and so, I wanted to post it even if most of you have already seen it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...98L0GZ20130922

Last edited by Smiling; 10-06-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Missing a word.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #31
o'queery

How Do You Identify?:
serviceboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
him, hey boy
Relationship Status:
boyfriend of my joey. <3 Imma lucky bitchboy!

Thanked 1,895 Times in 523 Posts
o'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputation
Default mmmmmmmmmmm

When He walks, His swagger.

When He rubs His whiskers on my cheeks.

His shoulders.

This list could get really lengthy...

i heart Ftm's

i love their hearts and souls, their bravery. Keep shining.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #32
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

A new friend called me a nice young man. I got one of those stupid happy grins. I swear it never gets old.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

It appears that I was wrong. My doctor, whom I finally met the other day, has three other transgender patients.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #34
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I am so grateful that I have such wonderful healthcare providers. I do not have health insurance, but I have healthcare for no/low income people. I did not join the clinic which targets trans folks, but one that targets native americans. Each person there treats me, as well as my partner, with respect and kindness, and I find them to be genuine. My doctor is just as excited about my pending top surgery, as I am. I wish every transperson had the resources available to them, that I do.
Hi, Liam. I can't remember if you told us who was doing your top surgery?

What's the date of the surgery? Good luck to you!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #35
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hi, Liam. I can't remember if you told us who was doing your top surgery?

What's the date of the surgery? Good luck to you!
I don't know the name of the surgeon, it will be a student though. I don't know the date either, my name is on a list, and my Doctor's best guesstimate was sometime this Fall, although I'm beginning to think it might be Winter, instead.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #36
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I don't know the name of the surgeon, it will be a student though. I don't know the date either, my name is on a list, and my Doctor's best guesstimate was sometime this Fall, although I'm beginning to think it might be Winter, instead.
Interesting, I have never heard of someone not being given a date. Well, when you do find out, make sure you let us know (top surgery thread, perhaps), so that we can cheer you on!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #37
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

You know it still surprises me how accepting this area is. More so how wonderful my college has been and is being when it comes to anything relating to me being an open and out transgender pre op FtM. I finally had to have the bathroom talk with student services today. I was having difficulty with some individuals when I used one of the two men's rooms so at the time I choose to do everything possible not to use the restroom ay school. You know one of those puck your battles situations. After all I will not be going there four years. Well I was reminded Friday that my bladder shrinks to the size of a pea in the winter and recalling the hassles from last semester I used the woman's room hoping it was empty. I feel bad for the woman that was in there bcs I scared the shit out of her. Hell if I was a woman and someone that looked like me walk into the restroom I would have been scared to. So I decided it was time to take the issue to the decision makers today. I sure didn't want to scare anyone or put up with harassment I didn't have to. The woman in student services was wonderful. Of course she couldn't make any decisions but I knew she would know the rest of the steps and people. So she listened and made sure I hadn't experienced anything hateful then took me to the first in line for these things. She did all the talking referred to me in all the proper pro nouns and other terms. Then again she has been wonderful in her treatment to me since I started school. I don't even mind it when she refers to me as the schools test subject jokingly. It was decided the campus president would have to handle this issue. So I have to talk to him tomorrow mainly because he wants to hear first hand about the incidents that occurred when I attempted to use the men's room and to get my input on how to handle it. Again he has always been great with me and very respectful so I am not to worried about it. I guess I am still amazed by the responces because it is so drastic from what I would have gotten back home. Doesn't hurt that my T has helped my responces to these things at least that's what I give the credit to for my more rational thinking and calmer approach to things. Let's hope I don't loose the right to take it on Thursday and if I do these are two of the things I get to keep from having used T.
LoyalWolfsBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #38
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default BumpING...

Bump up the positive thinking, posting, sharing, being.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #39
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

I am attending a three week/six session empowerment workshop for trans folk. My co-attendees range in age from young to old, with those preferring male, female and gender neutral pronouns. I am honored to hear their stories, and they inspire me to continue to be out as a trans man. Forty years ago I could see the importance of being out, believing that the stigma attached to being queer would lose its weight and there would be more acceptance for lesbians and gay men. I've witnessed the truth of this in my lifetime, and while not everyone may embrace the rainbow family, enough do, to make it feel safer to be queer. So I have put aside my fear once again, to say to the world, this is who I am, and it is okay to be me.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #40
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KnightsBlade~ View Post
You know it still surprises me how accepting this area is. More so how wonderful my college has been and is being when it comes to anything relating to me being an open and out transgender pre op FtM. I finally had to have the bathroom talk with student services today. I was having difficulty with some individuals when I used one of the two men's rooms so at the time I choose to do everything possible not to use the restroom ay school. You know one of those puck your battles situations. After all I will not be going there four years. Well I was reminded Friday that my bladder shrinks to the size of a pea in the winter and recalling the hassles from last semester I used the woman's room hoping it was empty. I feel bad for the woman that was in there bcs I scared the shit out of her. Hell if I was a woman and someone that looked like me walk into the restroom I would have been scared to. So I decided it was time to take the issue to the decision makers today. I sure didn't want to scare anyone or put up with harassment I didn't have to. The woman in student services was wonderful. Of course she couldn't make any decisions but I knew she would know the rest of the steps and people. So she listened and made sure I hadn't experienced anything hateful then took me to the first in line for these things. She did all the talking referred to me in all the proper pro nouns and other terms. Then again she has been wonderful in her treatment to me since I started school. I don't even mind it when she refers to me as the schools test subject jokingly. It was decided the campus president would have to handle this issue. So I have to talk to him tomorrow mainly because he wants to hear first hand about the incidents that occurred when I attempted to use the men's room and to get my input on how to handle it. Again he has always been great with me and very respectful so I am not to worried about it. I guess I am still amazed by the responces because it is so drastic from what I would have gotten back home. Doesn't hurt that my T has helped my responces to these things at least that's what I give the credit to for my more rational thinking and calmer approach to things. Let's hope I don't loose the right to take it on Thursday and if I do these are two of the things I get to keep from having used T.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding things, but did you say that you might lose the right to take T ??? NO ONE has the right to tell you that, not anyone at all! If anyone tells you that, tell them that I say to them: "Fuck you!".

I hope that what you meant was that you might lose the right to use the men's room. Please show the university president your 'Carry Letter.' That should help take care of the problem, if your's is anything like my 'Carry Letter'.

Hang in there, honey, and good luck. Hugs, Nadine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:

Tags
ftm, genderqueer, mtf, positive, trans