Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #61
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

--used to love to read stories- nowdays i find i want information-perhaps receipes, or ocassional psychology/social texbook. I'd like to recommend-
"Homade" put out by readers digest-702 ways to save money and the earth.some chapters are: green cleaning,from the kitchen, health and beauty,petfoods and supplies,gardening, grocery store items. i find i keep checking it out. in my fav room to read-the bathroom.
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #62
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm reading a great book right now.....

In The Company Of The Courtesan by Sarah Dunant.

It's set in the early 16th century and begins with the Spanish and the Lutherans' invasion of Rome. It's an intense description, as told by the companion of Fiametta, the Courtesan, Bucino, who is a dwarf. I could almost smell the stench of the aftermath.

Elle magazine described it as "A rich surprise", and it is.

This autuor also wrote The Birth Of Venus, which I will also read when I'm finished with this one.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #63
astarte

How Do You Identify?:
high femme
Relationship Status:
NO

astarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond reputeastarte has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Diva!

How fun. I've read both books. Let me know if you want to chat about either.

hugs,
Astarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm reading a great book right now.....

In The Company Of The Courtesan by Sarah Dunant.

It's set in the early 16th century and begins with the Spanish and the Lutherans' invasion of Rome. It's an intense description, as told by the companion of Fiametta, the Courtesan, Bucino, who is a dwarf. I could almost smell the stench of the aftermath.

Elle magazine described it as "A rich surprise", and it is.

This autuor also wrote The Birth Of Venus, which I will also read when I'm finished with this one.

astarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #64
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarte View Post
Hi Diva!

How fun. I've read both books. Let me know if you want to chat about either.

hugs,
Astarte

That sounds like a lovely idea! I'd like that!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #65
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Book suggestions

I am partial to the Joan Anderson books - A Year By The Sea, thoughts of an unfinished woman; A Walk on The Beach -tales of wisdom from an unconvential woman; The Second Journey - the road back to yourself.

And, the Trixie series by Dean Koontz. Have to love a man who writes as his dog. Quick reads - 30 minutes tops. Very entertaining and a bit enlightening too. I, Trixie, Who Is Dog and Trixie's Guide to a Happy Life.

The Ascent of Money - a financial history of the world by Niall Ferguson was quite enlightening as well.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #66
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I read legal thrillers, cop books, historical non-fiction (emphasis on American history, the history of jazz, the history of baseball, World War II, European history and the Holocaust).

Currently reading "Money to Burn" by James Grippando. Awaiting "Storm Prey" by one of my favorite authors, John Sandford, coming out in May.

Is anyone here using Goodreads (www.goodreads.com)? It's kind of a fun social networking site for bookworms.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #67
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Joseph Campbell is another fascinating author of myths. His analysis of mythology in explaining mans relation to the universe in historical, religious, psychological and sociological terms is awesome. There is a dvd out with an interview he did with Bill Moyers discussing his theories which is easier to follow than his writings.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #68
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm listening to "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet on audiobook right now
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #69
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Making Rounds with Oscar

The extraordinary gift of an ordinary cat by David Dosa MD.

Oscar is one of the resident cats in an Alzheimers unit in a Rhode Island nursing. He is basically antisocial until he senses someone is near the end of life. Then Oscar will sit with them and their families during the dying process and wont leave until the deceased is removed.

Kind of reality story that makes your soul sigh.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #70
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

books.

favorite classics:

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

"Mr. Rochester: Sometimes I have the strangest feeling about you. Especially when you are near me as you are now. It feels as though I had a string tied here under my left rib where my heart is, tightly knotted to you in a similar fashion. And when you go to Ireland, with all that distance between us, I am afraid that this cord will be snapped, and I shall bleed inwardly."

Villette - Charlotte Bronte

"No mockery in this world ever sounds to me so hollow as that of being told to cultivate happiness. What does such advice mean? Happiness is not a potato."

Ruth - Elizabeth Gaskell

Wives and Daughters - Elizabeth Gaskell

other favorites:

Flowers in the Attic - VC Andrews

Dolores Claiborne & Rose Madder - Stephen King

The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

"You cannot find yourself by going into the past. You can find yourself by coming into the present"

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #71
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxi
Flowers in the Attic - VC Andrews

That is one of My all-time favorite books, and authors as well ....... I've always loved VC Andrews, and hopefully I'll be able to get back into her books one day

I'm also a big fan of Lisa Jackson and Raymond Khoury
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #72
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedon View Post
That is one of My all-time favorite books, and authors as well ....... I've always loved VC Andrews, and hopefully I'll be able to get back into her books one day

I'm also a big fan of Lisa Jackson and Raymond Khoury
i love VC Andrews as well. i think i have all her originals.

will have to check out those other two.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #73
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am tolly into the Jacqueline Carey books right now? Anybody else?

Kushiel's Dart
Kushiel's Chosen
Kushiel's Scion
Kushiel's Justice
Kushiel's Mercy???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushiel's_Legacy

also waiting in the wings the newest Sookie Stackhouse and reading off and on from Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle

And need to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks for book club next month
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #74
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I just finished[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Out-Stealing-Horses-Per-Petterson/dp/1555974708"] Out Stealing Horses[/ame] by Per Petterson.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #75
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Was put on bed rest for the next two weeks so...for about the 30th time I am reading The Secret again. Every time I read this book I get a new refreshing perspective.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #76
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

I cant believe I am reading "American Conspiracies" by Jesse Venture and enjoying it!

He bears an uncanny resemblence to Steven Segal without hair.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #77
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

i hafta read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks for my book club and it is creeping me out!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #78
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I am tolly into the Jacqueline Carey books right now? Anybody else?

Kushiel's Dart
Kushiel's Chosen
Kushiel's Scion
Kushiel's Justice
Kushiel's Mercy???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushiel's_Legacy

I read the first three of these as they came out, but then I lost track of the series (life is what happens while you're making other plans!). I didn't realize there were already three more...now I have to catch up! lol
Old 05-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #79
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2myladyblue View Post
I read the first three of these as they came out, but then I lost track of the series (life is what happens while you're making other plans!). I didn't realize there were already three more...now I have to catch up! lol

it is actually three different trilogies: the Phedre trilogy, which you have read, and then the Imriel trilogy and then the Moirin trilogy, of which only the first one is available. So much more "Terre d'Ange" goodness to come!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #80
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
I just finished Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson.

Oh.. I loved this book.. so many lovely phrases...