~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Ohio lawmaker withdraws ‘religious freedom’ bill

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/02/o...-freedom-bill/

Quote:
Rep. Bill Patmon, a Cleveland Democrat who in December called his bill a “no-brainer” told Outlook yesterday that he was putting the bill on hold until it could be rewritten to erase concerns it might open the door to discrimination against LGBT people and others.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 AM   #22
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation
Default Arizona

Arizona
Tempe, Ariz., approves LGBT-inclusive non-discrimination ordinance

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/03/t...ion-ordinance/

Quote:
TEMPE, Ariz. — The Tempe City Council on Thursday unanimously approved a city-wide ordinance prohibiting discrimination against gay and transgender individuals in employment, housing and public accommodations.
The 7-0 vote comes just one day after Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a “religious freedom” bill that would have allowed businesses to refuse service to gays and others, citing their religious beliefs.

“We are open for business,” said Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell. “We don’t discriminate. We’re a fabulous community and I think you see that over and over.”...
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #23
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Secretary Kerry: hmmmm.... you forget to include the good old USA in your fight against human rghts. Because it is not replicate like Uganda, Germany, south Africa but implicit like k e Arizona, Kentucky, the New Jim Crow and THE ABSENCE OF FULL MARRIAGE EQUALITY...take off your rose colored glasses
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #24
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

thought I try Blue is the Warmest Color and Netflix...really a man's picture and while I was watching this came on my fb feed and I thought it apt to post:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ake-money.html
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #25
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

US reports rare case of woman-to-woman HIV transmission

http://news.yahoo.com/us-reports-rar...172613702.html
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #26
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #27
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Kobi, is there a story that goes along with this? Quickly perused that site and didn't see anything.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #28
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Kobi, is there a story that goes along with this? Quickly perused that site and didn't see anything.
Not really a story but here it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #29
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy 24 years old.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1722103
Old 03-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #30
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
Totally heartbreaking Looked like a really cute couple, too.
It sucks that people in the comments are fighting bigotry with more bigotry and turning the couple's murder into islamophobia, though.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #31
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Hawaii Diocese Implements New Contract: Gay Teachers Can Be Fired

HONOLULU -- The Hawaii Catholic schools office, which supervises three dozen Roman Catholic private schools in the state, has just approved a new contract that says teachers can be fired if they engage in homosexual activity or marry someone of the same sex. The contract goes on to list a wide array of actions and behaviors that would justify termination.

Among the other acts that could justify firing, according to the contract, are abortion, in vitro fertilization or "unmarried cohabitation."

“The school expressly reserves the right to terminate the employment of any Teacher, who by word or example, denies the teachings or authority of the Church, or whose personal life or conduct is, based on Catholic teaching, immoral,” says a portion of the contract that was obtained by Honolulu Civil Beat.

The contract, which is called the "Standard Teacher Employment Agreement," is for full- and part-time teachers who must sign it every year they work.

The contract explicitly says that "homosexual activity" and “same sex unions” are not permitted.

The contract is slated to go into effect for the 2014-15 school year.

Schools have not yet distributed the contracts to teachers, but the documents will apply to all teachers working in parochial schools operated by the Diocese of Honolulu, which covers the entire state. A few private Catholic schools are not parochial schools.

Michael Rockers, the superintendent of all Hawaii Roman Catholic schools, said the written provision is new but that the expectations outlined in it are not.

Rockers said Catholic schools are "ministries" where administrators have “the right and responsibility to ... support our teachers in their ministerial responsibilities as defined by Catholic doctrine.”

The superintendent explained that teachers “don’t have a final say in what the contract’s exact wording is.”

He said the ultimate goal is to provide positive role models for students and that if a teacher's homosexuality were made public it would negatively affect the children.

“We want to be authentic about what our moral teaching is,” he said. “We’re trying to be pastoral about this and centered on what’s best for the students.”

Rockers said the written provision was not a response to last year’s legalization of same-sex marriage in Hawaii.

The Legislature legalized same-sex marriage in Hawaii in a special session last November following weeks of heated testimony and passionate debates that exposed how divided the state was on the issue.

Honolulu Bishop Larry Silva has been vocal in his opposition to homosexuality, disseminating a three-page letter to Catholics last year that condoned discrimination against homosexuals who wanted to marry. One of his arguments against gay marriage is that it leads to youth suicides.

Civil Beat looked into that claim in a Fact Check and found it to be false.

Patrick Downes, spokesman for the Diocese of Honolulu, declined to comment on Thursday afternoon. He explained that he wasn’t even aware of the contract’s provision.

Catholic schools that aren’t subject to the contract include St. Louis and Sacred Hearts in Honolulu.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5046895.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #32
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default World Vision Reverses Decision On Gay Christian Hiring Policy

ust days after announcing that it was revising its handbook to allow the hiring of Christians who are in same-sex marriages, World Vision leaders said Wednesday that the organization had "failed to be consistent" with the Bible and had reversed its decision after a board meeting.

"The board acknowledged they made a mistake and chose to revert to our longstanding conduct policy requiring sexual abstinence for all single employees and faithfulness within the Biblical covenant of marriage between a man and a woman," said a statement signed World Vision President Richard Stearns and Jim Beré, Chairman of the World Vision U.S. Board.

World Vision, one of the largest international relief organizations, was both cheered by LGBT advocates and heavily criticized by conservative Christians when it announced its first change to allow married LGBT employees.
Reaction to its reversal played along similar lines.

"This whole situation has left me feeling frustrated, heartbroken, and lost. I don't think I've ever been more angry at the Church, particularly the evangelical culture in which I was raised and with which I for so long identified," wrote Rachel Held Evans, a popular blogger who had rallied her readers to donate to World Vision during the short period when it allowed married LGBT employees. "I confess I had not realized the true extent of the disdain evangelicals have for our LGBT people, nor had I expected World Vision to yield to that disdain by reversing its decision under pressure. Honestly, it feels like a betrayal from every side."

Meanwhile, Russell Moore, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, who had loudly criticized the initially change in World Vision's policy, applauded the reversal.

"World Vision's right decision, as articulated in their board letter, conveys a spirit of Christlikeness and humility in tone and content," he tweeted. "World Vision has done the right thing. Now, let's all work for a holistic gospel presence, addressing both temporal and eternal needs."

World Vision's full statement is below.

Dear Friends,

Today, the World Vision U.S. board publicly reversed its recent decision to change our employment conduct policy. The board acknowledged they made a mistake and chose to revert to our longstanding conduct policy requiring sexual abstinence for all single employees and faithfulness within the Biblical covenant of marriage between a man and a woman.

We are writing to you our trusted partners and Christian leaders who have come to us in the spirit of Matthew 18 to express your concern in love and conviction. You share our desire to come together in the Body of Christ around our mission to serve the poorest of the poor. We have listened to you and want to say thank you and to humbly ask for your forgiveness.

In our board's effort to unite around the church's shared mission to serve the poor in the name of Christ, we failed to be consistent with World Vision U.S.'s commitment to the traditional understanding of Biblical marriage and our own Statement of Faith, which says, "We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God." And we also failed to seek enough counsel from our own Christian partners. As a result, we made a change to our conduct policy that was not consistent with our Statement of Faith and our commitment to the sanctity of marriage.

We are brokenhearted over the pain and confusion we have caused many of our friends, who saw this decision as a reversal of our strong commitment to Biblical authority. We ask that you understand that this was never the board's intent. We are asking for your continued support. We commit to you that we will continue to listen to the wise counsel of Christian brothers and sisters, and we will reach out to key partners in the weeks ahead.

While World Vision U.S. stands firmly on the biblical view of marriage, we strongly affirm that all people, regardless of their sexual orientation, are created by God and are to be loved and treated with dignity and respect.

Please know that World Vision continues to serve all people in our ministry around the world. We pray that you will continue to join with us in our mission to be "an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God."

Sincerely in Christ,

Richard Stearns, President

Jim Beré, Chairman of the World Vision U.S. Board

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5037689.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #33
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Out Magazine Releases 8th Annual Power 50 List

Who has it? How do they wield it? Whom does it affect? Our ranking of the most influential LGBT voices in American culture.

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/po...nnual-power-50
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #34
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Who has it? How do they wield it? Whom does it affect? Our ranking of the most influential LGBT voices in American culture.

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/po...nnual-power-50
Wow that's completely depressing.
Apparently the establishment has nothing to fear from "The A Gays".
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #35
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Article: Indian court recognizes gender ID rights

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/15/world/...rights-ruling/

New Delhi (CNN) -- In a ruling that human rights groups are calling historic, India's Supreme Court on Tuesday granted the country's transsexual and transgender individuals the right to self-identify their gender.

The ruling means transsexual and transgender people and those who identify as belonging to the "third gender" will not be required to submit medical evidence of their sexuality to be recognized by the government as a member of that gender, said Tripti Tandon, a lawyer for one of the plaintiffs.

A plea was filed before the Supreme Court by India's National Legal Services Authority in 2012 on behalf of the transsexual and "hijra," or third-gender, communities.

"The Supreme Court ruled that everyone has the fundamental right to have their gender identified and recognized in the law without any discrimination," Tandon said. "And it's self-identification of the gender as opposed to medically or surgically assigned one."

The high court also issued a series of guidelines to India's federal government and state administrations for enforcement of its orders, she added.

The ruling states that "gender identity is integral to the dignity of an individual and is at the core of 'personal autonomy' and 'self-determination.'"
Hijras, the ruling said, must be considered a third gender "over and above binary genders under our Constitution and the laws."

The ruling allows females to identify as males and males to identify as females, and no sex reassignment surgery is required for recognition of one's self-defined gender.

Human rights groups praised the ruling, but used the opportunity to push for changes in another law that criminalizes consensual homosexual relationships.

Tuesday's ruling has the potential to alter the lives of people who have suffered oppression, Amnesty International's program director in India, Shashikumar Velath, said in a statement.

But, he noted, the same Supreme Court has overturned a lower court's decision to decriminalize homosexual relationships. The law bans people from engaging in "carnal acts against the order of nature" and dates back to British colonial times.

The court's ruling on transgender, transsexual and third-gender people recognizes that their plight cannot be ignored, said Graeme Reid, director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights Program at Human Rights Watch.

"It begins the process of re-establishing the important social role that third-gender people played in traditional Indian society," he said.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #36
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Seth Walsh case settled for $750,000

The mother of a gay 13-year-old Tehachapi student who hung himself in 2010 after being bullied at school has accepted a settlement with the Tehachapi Unified School District for $750,000.

Walsh's attorney, Daniel Rodriguez, called the decision to settle an attempt to provide "closure."

The settlement was reached in March before a scheduled pretrial hearing on April 7.

About two years after Seth's death, Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law AB 9, also known as Seth's Law, which requires, among other things, that school districts adopt policies prohibiting discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics.

In response to a civil rights complaint Walsh filed in 2010 that attracted national attention, U.S. Department of Education investigators found the district "did not adequately investigate or otherwise respond" to the bullying.

Walsh followed with a suit against Tehachapi Unified on July 5, 2011 for compensation for wrongful-death and punitive damages as well as medical expenses.

"The amount at which the case was settled reflects a concession by Mrs. Walsh," said Michael Kellar, the school district's lead attorney.

Kellar said the district offered the settlement because of its response to the bullying.

Rodriguez wrote in an email Tuesday that the Tehachapi district had planned to use "a technical defense" that a school district could never legally be held responsible for the death of a student by means of suicide.

Kellar, however, refuted that.

"There was a risk that the judge could have very well accepted that technical argument and given the school district a free pass in this case," Rodriguez wrote.

"In order to avoid that risk and to bring closure to the most painful thing a parent could ever endure, the death of a child, Wendy Walsh decided to settle and forego reliving the trauma in the courtroom."

Walsh agreed to the settlement that the K-12 district proposed through its insurance company -- the Self-insured Schools of California (SISC) -- and a federal notice of settlement was filed March 21.

Walsh said Tuesday through her attorney her child's death "was not in vain."

Seth's Law, went into effect July 1, 2012.

The Tehachapi Unified school board approved anti-harassment curriculum for its kindergarten through fifth-grade students by the end of July 2012, and the district later added a sixth- through 12th- grade curriculum.

Lisa Gilbert, the Tehachapi Unified superintendent, said the district now follows a strict protocol regarding bullying that requires staff members to report any incidents of bullying to an administrator within 24 hours. Administrators have a "stringent timeline" to investigate and respond.

Gilbert said depending on the incident, the school may conduct student meetings, witness interviews, mediation with parents and schedule changes to separate students.

Mary Graham, who has served as president of the Tehachapi Unified school board since before the 2010 suicide, said after Seth's death the school board wanted to enact preventative curriculum targeting the entire student body, and it did.

"Bullying is bullying, and it's wrong," she said. "Adults do it. Children do it. But it's still wrong."

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.co...ed-for-750-000
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #37
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Prestigious US military color guard makes history at Washington DC Pride

After over four decades of pride parades, 150,000 spectators at the Capital Pride parade witnessed something never before seen – a US Armed Forces color guard marching alongside rainbow flags and following Dykes on Bikes.

It’s a first for the 39th annual Capital Pride parade on Saturday or any other pride parade in the US with a new contingent – a US Armed Forces color guard that presents the red, white and blue as well as flags of each branch of the military.

The eight-member color guard team from the US Army Military District of Washington led the parade through Dupont Circle and 17th Street and ending at 14th Street and S Street.

‘The Department of Defense has authorized what military gay rights groups and organizers of the Capital Pride parade say is a first nationwide,’ reports The Washington Post.

A statement on Capital Pride’s website reads: ‘We are very proud that for the first time ever in our country, the Department of Defense will participate in a Pride Parade. We will have an Armed Forces Color Guard present and retire the colors at the 2014 Capital Pride Parade. This is significant step forward for the community as a whole and particularly for those LGBT members of the armed forces.’

According to the Post, although all military installations throughout the US have their own color guards, they have reportedly rejected all previous requests to appear in LGBT pride parades citing scheduling conflicts. The report also noted that there isn’t any official policy against their participation in pride events since the end of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ in 2011.

- See more at: http://lesbiannews.com/2014/06/09/pr....Ir9kUxhw.dpuf

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #38
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

After over four decades of pride parades, 150,000 spectators at the Capital Pride parade witnessed something never before seen – a US Armed Forces color guard marching alongside rainbow flags and following Dykes on Bikes.

It’s a first for the 39th annual Capital Pride parade on Saturday or any other pride parade in the US with a new contingent – a US Armed Forces color guard that presents the red, white and blue as well as flags of each branch of the military.

The eight-member color guard team from the US Army Military District of Washington led the parade through Dupont Circle and 17th Street and ending at 14th Street and S Street.

‘The Department of Defense has authorized what military gay rights groups and organizers of the Capital Pride parade say is a first nationwide,’ reports The Washington Post.

A statement on Capital Pride’s website reads: ‘We are very proud that for the first time ever in our country, the Department of Defense will participate in a Pride Parade. We will have an Armed Forces Color Guard present and retire the colors at the 2014 Capital Pride Parade. This is significant step forward for the community as a whole and particularly for those LGBT members of the armed forces.’

According to the Post, although all military installations throughout the US have their own color guards, they have reportedly rejected all previous requests to appear in LGBT pride parades citing scheduling conflicts. The report also noted that there isn’t any official policy against their participation in pride events since the end of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ in 2011.

- See more at: http://lesbiannews.com/2014/06/09/pr....Ir9kUxhw.dpuf
*shudder*
I wish there were no national borders. I wish there was no military. I wish that events involving marginalized people didn't begin with a display of stsate sanctioned violence and weaponry and flags. (ok, the second thing in the parade)
Those are not the things that make me feel pride.
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #39
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #40
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Senate OKs first openly gay black federal judge

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate for the first time confirmed an openly gay black man to become a top-level federal judge. By a 98-0 vote Tuesday, senators approved President Barack Obama's choice of Darrin Gayles to join a district court in Florida.

By 52-44, senators also endorsed Obama's pick of Staci Yandle, an openly gay black woman, to serve on a federal district court in Illinois. While that is not a first, the White House said that vote was a milestone because it brought to 112 the number of female federal judges appointed by Obama, more than any previous president.

In a third roll call, the Senate voted 92-4 to make Salvador Mendoza a federal district judge in Washington state. The White House said Obama has appointed the most Hispanics — 31 — to the federal bench of any president.

In a blog post, presidential counsel Neil Eggleston called it "a historic day for our judiciary."

"These milestones are important not because these judges will consider cases differently, but because a judiciary that better resembles our nation instills even greater confidence in our justice system" and serve as future role models, Eggleston said.

Appointments to top-tier federal judgeships — the Supreme Court, circuit courts of appeals and district courts — are lifetime.

http://news.yahoo.com/senate-oks-fir...-politics.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: