Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 03-22-2016, 12:25 PM   #41
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default redirect

Hi Y'all,
I'm the one who started this thread. Sorry if any of you feel it is moving slowly. It's maybe true that this is not a thread for everyone. MANY of us have been burned by the religious experiences in our life. If you express your spirituality privately, that is great. If it's good for you, that is a wonderful thing ... and there is certainly a lot to be said against organized religion.

BUT some of us are attracted to an organization of one kind or another, for one reason or another. My own reason is that it there is not much in the way of gay activities in my area. There are a few bars. I always enjoyed them when I was younger, and I still go for Karaoke every once in a while. But I really hate the smoke. The other choices are churches, of which we now have three that are gay-based. So I go to meet people and hang out with friends. It is the only queer aspect of my life. My partner is FTM, and most people relate to me as straight. So me "church" it is a valuable thing.

Anyway, In this thread I am not particularly interested in the discussion of the details of any one religion or another. Just tell us why you feel comfortable with what you have chosen. What I was hoping to provide is info for folks who do have some interest in organized religion to help them find one that will meet their needs.

And it certainly does NOT have to be Christian. If you are jewish, pagan, wiccan, bahai, buddist, jain, muslim, rostifarian, etc. etc. etc., you are free to post here. You must NOT show judgment for another individuals choice, however. No "my religion is better than your religion" crap.

This is what I am looking for. If you go somewhere "religious" on a fairly regular basis, and when you sit your queer ass down in a seat there, or on the floor, or whatever is done in that place, and in that place you are accepted as equal and affirmed as a queer being of whatever kind or variety you espouse, then share it with us. There might be someone else in B-F land that says, "Wow, that sounds perfect to me. I'm going to go there too."

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2016, 01:40 AM   #42
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happy Easter!

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: