Old 07-13-2011, 12:21 AM   #261
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...

I agree...I think sending out the postcards should be on a 'as we can do it' basis. I have to admit I have loved doing this. Not sure what is more delightful ...sending or receiving!

I came up with an idea on what to do with mine...they are so beautiful and some are so whimsicle that I want to see them everyday. I used a little bit of double sided tape and posted them on the front of my master bedroom clothes closet. I can see them first thing every morning and know that beauty, good thoughts and special bfp people greet me each and every morning...it is a great way to start the day (of course, I could think of a number of other ways to start the day great but then it is just me and my two cats....).
Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 AM   #262
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
I agree...I think sending out the postcards should be on a 'as we can do it' basis. I have to admit I have loved doing this. Not sure what is more delightful ...sending or receiving!

I came up with an idea on what to do with mine...they are so beautiful and some are so whimsicle that I want to see them everyday. I used a little bit of double sided tape and posted them on the front of my master bedroom clothes closet. I can see them first thing every morning and know that beauty, good thoughts and special bfp people greet me each and every morning...it is a great way to start the day (of course, I could think of a number of other ways to start the day great but then it is just me and my two cats....).

T did something similar. Hy placed them on the doors to our bookcase. I have to admit I love seeing them everyday too.
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #263
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
YAY!!!! the Bahamas are arriving finally! Personally i think it should be an on going thing--as do a few others i think. And it can be done as much or as little as ppl wanna do it.

I got the Bahamas yesterday! Thank you & Jo!!

Big:
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #264
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
has become a lost art. There is something about the choosing of the card, letter, etc., and the pen...and the actual mailing of it that can be a beautiful ritual. One that requires time, planning, and care. The fact that someone would do this for me means they invested their time to do so. What better gift than to be thought of like this? There is a special someone on this site that sends out postcards that are photographs he has taken...he attaches the original photo to a thick paper the size of a postcard...writes an incredible, loving message and then MAILS it to me. I have treasured these as if they were touchstones...well, yes, they are indeed my touchstones.

I love the idea of connecting this way. Jo, I have PM'd you my address and would like to be a part of this.

Great idea/thread!
___ahh yes - actual words on paper - the way a finely crafted pen glides across a thick piece of fine stationary - while instant communication is incredible - there is something to be said for the dance of giving and receiving of a letter in the post - the sweet anticipation-the hope perhaps that your letter is received with even the slightest flutter of a heart or sigh from a lover - or the giggling smile of a child - or the internal peace and happiness from a parent or grandparent when they read your words --or the grateful heart of a friend - who simply needed something besides an onslaught of the usual bills and notices and junk mail. I am not sure how to get on this list - or if even still possible --but it would be great to participate in such an exchange!
justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #265
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTrambler View Post
___ahh yes - actual words on paper - the way a finely crafted pen glides across a thick piece of fine stationary - while instant communication is incredible - there is something to be said for the dance of giving and receiving of a letter in the post - the sweet anticipation-the hope perhaps that your letter is received with even the slightest flutter of a heart or sigh from a lover - or the giggling smile of a child - or the internal peace and happiness from a parent or grandparent when they read your words --or the grateful heart of a friend - who simply needed something besides an onslaught of the usual bills and notices and junk mail. I am not sure how to get on this list - or if even still possible --but it would be great to participate in such an exchange!

not impossible at all. send your info to jo and she'll forward to everyone on her list. welcome to the fun!

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #266
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...

Mailed 8 more postcards today. This has created a writing frenzy for me...it is good to return once again to something that had brought me years of joy but I somehow lost my way with it all about two years ago. It's nice to be home again in my own skin and a fountain pen in hand.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #267
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

We got some beautiful Smokey Mountains and Cherokee postcards
Thank you playful!

Our "postcard book" is growing...and sits on the coffee table to enjoy.

I'm sooooo glad that the Bahamas cards are showing up. I was starting to worry!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #268
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

we got sunshynes today!!!
ok I can play with the lips for hours too, so cool!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #269
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

I thought ami said " we got sunshine today...I can play with lips for hours"

upon reading what I thought she said I thought to myself:

'oh dear (and yes I both say and think 'oh dear') poor ami has moved into TMI land, and how will I ever look corkey in the eye (virtual) again !!
there was nothing (exactly) untoward, still...and...all, I AM an old lady and well, stuff 'n things...

I then took a moment to re-read what she actually said and breathed again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #270
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post

'oh dear (and yes I both say and think 'oh dear') poor ami has moved into TMI land, and how will I ever look corkey in the eye (virtual) again !!
there was nothing (exactly) untoward, still...and...all, I AM an old lady and well, stuff 'n things...

-------------
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #271
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post

I was a little sad to send it off...T and I were playing with it for a while. Although, I feel much better knowing that someone else will get as much fun out of it lol I am so glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post

Nina~ Not just 1 pair of lips....FOUR!!!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #272
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

im beating Jo FINALLY

we got postcards today for T & Sunshyne which put me 1 ahead of Jo(for the moment) we wont discuss it much tho bc she has some kinda serious competitiveness in her,and i'm kinda scared to sleep with both eyes closed tonight

totally digging the eyes--even the prince thought they were cool!

love the missions too---would love to see those up close someday.

and the cupcakes made me by ding dongs today!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #273
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
im beating Jo FINALLY

we got postcards today for T & Sunshyne which put me 1 ahead of Jo(for the moment) we wont discuss it much tho bc she has some kinda serious competitiveness in her,and i'm kinda scared to sleep with both eyes closed tonight

totally digging the eyes--even the prince thought they were cool!

love the missions too---would love to see those up close someday.

and the cupcakes made me by ding dongs today!
...and she calls me competitive

Old 07-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #274
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Sunshyne, T was right
Reminds me of pop art from the 70's
The old hippie in me adored it

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #275
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Sunshyne, T was right
Reminds me of pop art from the 70's
The old hippie in me adored it

YAY!!! We picked up ones that reminded us of people. I am so glad you liked it!!! I think it is a really neat piece
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #276
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Finally! Work has been heinous lately, so I've just now gotten all the cards into the mail today, even the one to Australia.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #277
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It is remotely possible that I am overdoing the postcarding *G*

We just got home from Ohio and would have sent them from there except it would seem that someone *pointing at self* left the SIX sheets of postcard stamps at home. *nodnod* It's true. So, instead of buying more stamps, those will go out tomorrow!

Also! If the printing gods are with me, I will be printing some pictures I took at The Wilds - a safari park in Ohio. Those will probably go out next week. Then a lil break...we'll be home until mid-August!

Whatever you fear most has no power. It is your fear that holds the power.
-Oprah Winfrey
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #278
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

When I finally sat down today to go through the mail that had amassed while we were gone I found POSTCARDS!

We got Fancy's Movie Poster postcard! What fun!!!

Diva's glorious Sedona postcard!!! (I would go back too! How gorgeous!)

The TWO postcards from Jo & Scoote in the Bahamas! (We are totally jealous!!! Such beauty!)

A beautiful azalea postcard from Laney!!

And! Two postcards from T & Sunshyne! *Laughing* J bets on the pup, I bet on the cat, but we are both sure the mouse gets away! And! The Nebraska one?? Breathtaking!!!! It's the centerpiece of our display now!

Thanks all! LOVE them!!!!

Whatever you fear most has no power. It is your fear that holds the power.
-Oprah Winfrey
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #279
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

I saw a friend writing out a postcard the other day, and she shared with me a really neat idea. Her, her friends and family were all sending postcards to another family member in the weeks leading up to his birthday. In her case, all of their postcards contained old or funny images of the birthday person along with a note about a memory, the caption, or general bday wishes.

I thought that sounded like such a sweet sentiment...

So, I was wondering....even though you don't know my daughter, her birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. Would anyone sending me a card during the next couple weeks address it to the birthday girl (Katie) and say happy birthday? I think she would be tickled not only to get mail, but also to acknowledge her day.

Just a thought - thanks postcard peeps for inspiration!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #280
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I saw a friend writing out a postcard the other day, and she shared with me a really neat idea. Her, her friends and family were all sending postcards to another family member in the weeks leading up to his birthday. In her case, all of their postcards contained old or funny images of the birthday person along with a note about a memory, the caption, or general bday wishes.

I thought that sounded like such a sweet sentiment...

So, I was wondering....even though you don't know my daughter, her birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. Would anyone sending me a card during the next couple weeks address it to the birthday girl (Katie) and say happy birthday? I think she would be tickled not only to get mail, but also to acknowledge her day.

Just a thought - thanks postcard peeps for inspiration!
i'm in. any particular theme suggestions?

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post: