Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 04-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #261
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dianne Reeves

One of my favorite contemporary jazz singers is Dianne Reeves.
The first time I heard her was with Lou Rawls doing an incredible (better than Etta James IMHO)
rendition of At Last. I have dozens of recordings by her including the jazz standard Speak Low which is very nice.

I couldn't find good footage in YouTube really, but I am contributing
Blues in G here in Music Central. Enjoy the jazz.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #262
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Way back............Anyone else remember this?

This song was popular the summer I was **. Sigh, parks, kissing, friends, dances........ I heard this on the radio today, and it took me back.

Spill The Wine - Eric Burdon & WAR

Pashi
Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #263
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
One of my favorite contemporary jazz singers is Dianne Reeves.
The first time I heard her was with Lou Rawls doing an incredible (better than Etta James IMHO)
rendition of At Last. I have dozens of recordings by her including the jazz standard Speak Low which is very nice.

I couldn't find good footage in YouTube really, but I am contributing
Blues in G here in Music Central. Enjoy the jazz.

This is delicious!!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #264
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Harlem Nocturne

My preference would always be to sit in a piano bar, or jazz club
or swing concert and listen to real jazz and jump for hours.

I've spent half my life collecting music and there are always favorites
that stand out.

One of the best, most sultry compositions that came out
in the 1930s was Harlem Nocturne which was
adopted by an incredible trumpet player named Randy Brooks
who made it his theme song. Brooks also made a name
for his band with big recordings like Tenderly and Man with A Horn.

Sadly, his career was cut short by his death in a fire.

I couldn't find Brooks' version of Harlem Nocturne, but
I did find the next best recording by a great neo-swing/jump band,
The Johnny Nocturne Band, and one of my favorite bands today.

Enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #265
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Glenn Miller; Glenn Miller and the AAF Band

Tonight is remembering the legendary Glenn Miller.
His music takes up quite a bit of space in my collection, not only because of the famous "Miller sound,"
but because of the incomperable arrangements by Miller during his leadership of the 50-piece Army Air Force Band.

I believe that, had he lived, he would have gone on to be one of the greatest arrangers of our time. Prior to 1941,
the Miller sound had already made its mark in films such as Sun Valley Serenade, Tuxedo Junction and The Broadcast of 1936.

Miller's arrangements for the AAF Band, all created and performed to boost morale on the home front,
including Stormy Weather, Perfidia, Poinciana, Juke Box Saturday Night, and
8-minute version of My Buddy, and Anvil Chorus are unsurpassed. Glenn broadcasted to American
troops underground during the Wiermact Hour and pressed recordings on 12" V-Discs to support morale prior to his disappearance in 1941.

I would like to offer Miller civilian recordings of In the Mood and his AAF recording of Moonlight Serenade.

Something to note is that In the Mood was first attempted by Artie Shaw averaging about 10-12 minutes in length.
It was far too long for a 10" 78 rpm. Glenn rearranged and recorded In the Mood as the we know it today —
a vinyl pressing and one of the great swing dance numbers of all time.

So, here are In the Mood and the AAF version of Glenn Miller's theme song Moonlight Serenade.
Enjoy the great sound of Major Alton Glenn Miller.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #266
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Tonight is remembering the legendary Glenn Miller.
His music takes up quite a bit of space in my collection, not only because of the famous "Miller sound,"
but because of the incomperable arrangements by Miller during his leadership of the 50-piece Army Air Force Band.

I believe that, had he lived, he would have gone on to be one of the greatest arrangers of our time. Prior to 1941,
the Miller sound had already made its mark in films such as Sun Valley Serenade, Tuxedo Junction and The Broadcast of 1936.

Miller's arrangements for the AAF Band, all created and performed to boost morale on the home front,
including Stormy Weather, Perfidia, Poinciana, Juke Box Saturday Night, and
8-minute version of My Buddy, and Anvil Chorus are unsurpassed. Glenn broadcasted to American
troops underground during the Wiermact Hour and pressed recordings on 12" V-Discs to support morale prior to his disappearance in 1941.

I would like to offer Miller civilian recordings of In the Mood and his AAF recording of Moonlight Serenade.

Something to note is that In the Mood was first attempted by Artie Shaw averaging about 10-12 minutes in length.
It was far too long for a 10" 78 rpm. Glenn rearranged and recorded In the Mood as the we know it today —
a vinyl pressing and one of the great swing dance numbers of all time.

So, here are In the Mood and the AAF version of Glenn Miller's theme song Moonlight Serenade.
Enjoy the great sound of Major Alton Glenn Miller.

I love Glenn Miller. I was listening to Glenn when my friends were listenin to Elvis. I love the fact that you provided his background. You have great music knowlege.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #267
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My preference would always be to sit in a piano bar, or jazz club
or swing concert and listen to real jazz and jump for hours.

I've spent half my life collecting music and there are always favorites
that stand out.

One of the best, most sultry compositions that came out
in the 1930s was Harlem Nocturne which was
adopted by an incredible trumpet player named Randy Brooks
who made it his theme song. Brooks also made a name
for his band with big recordings like Tenderly and Man with A Horn.

Sadly, his career was cut short by his death in a fire.

I couldn't find Brooks' version of Harlem Nocturne, but
I did find the next best recording by a great neo-swing/jump band,
The Johnny Nocturne Band, and one of my favorite bands today.

Enjoy

Wow! What a great tune! I love it!. Thanks so much for posting it for us!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #268
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default TO LADY PAMELA!

So sorry that you have gotten injured girl! (And LOVE your positive attitude!!) BUT, with your spirit we MUST have fun with the fact that you are "HELEN"... (LOL)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ETDAIGuoN4&feature=related"]YouTube- Paul McCartney - Helen Wheels[/nomedia]
Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #269
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
So sorry that you have gotten injured girl! (And LOVE your positive attitude!!) BUT, with your spirit we MUST have fun with the fact that you are "HELEN"... (LOL)

YouTube- Paul McCartney - Helen Wheels

Awwwww way to cute...lol

Thank you so much for helping keep my spirits high.
I know I must seem a lil outta sorts but this really made me smile!

Thank you so much WILDCAT!

Smiles

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #270
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh, what a night!

This is my first year with Symphony Chorus. Possibly the last, due to funding and the economy.

Since late January, we've been working on our German pronunciation for Beethoven's 9th, "Ode to Joy". Fantastic choral director from a local university came in and worked with us. As a soprano who hasn't been under a director in a while, the vocal range and breathing control increased and improved. And to say that I would need for it to for this particular piece of music? A huge understatement. Also practiced at home, listening to several versions of it, flexing the soprano muscles.

We filed on to the stage. The symphony and our soloists also filed on and the energy began to build. The Maestro took a few moments of silence before beginning, to remember the miners recently killed in Montcoal.

Last night's final performance of this particular work, left me stunned and in tears. It was just ... so much... that beautiful and that wondrous and that uplifting. The instrumental voices combined with the orchestra - blended completely. Everyone was so passionate and consumed in giving everything to this performance. At the end we were all briefly stunned at the sheer magnitude of what had just happened.

The audience in the Clay Center, was stunned as well. But not for as long as we were and the applause was loud, appreciative and went on for a good while.

When we had finally filed off the stage and back into our prep area - I wasn't the only one who had to sit for a few and just enjoy cloud nine.

A few local chorus groups to include ours - will be getting together to do a Mozart sing along this summer. Can't wait!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #271
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post
This song was popular the summer I was **. Sigh, parks, kissing, friends, dances........ I heard this on the radio today, and it took me back.

Spill The Wine - Eric Burdon & WAR

Pashi
I was about 13 when that tune came out
Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #272
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation
Default R.I.P. Wendy O Williams

Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #273
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation
Default the One

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #274
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default The ONLY

Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #275
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default OMGoodness!!!

Did anyone watch this last night on the Lopez show???

I REALLY enjoyed this experience.

Lin Yu-chun is being dubbed as the "new Susan Boyle type of sensation", and the "new Whitney Houston" (LOL?!), but here I have to say that I am just F'N DIGGING the Lopez show - and how his audiences are so loving and accepting of EVERYONE!! You GO GEORGE!!!! TY!!

It's been so progressive, his show. And history is in the making!!

ENJOY, this is worth watching... especially once he starts singing - and he is so ADORABLE and "pure". (Plus, Susan Boyle coming back later in life singing actually DID inspire him evidently.)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIhmbDQ"]YouTube- Lin Yu Chun Sings on Lopez Tonight!![/nomedia]
Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #276
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #277
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default mad grandiose bloodfiends

The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 01:01 AM   #278
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default gay! :)

kinda skeery...lol
Old 04-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #279
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
kinda skeery...lol

How funny is it that the ad I saw running with this was for Zoosk singles. Heh.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #280
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default my music related crushes = writes/sings from the heart

http://www.sundancechannel.com/spotlights/210257285

Last edited by violaine; 04-28-2010 at 08:43 PM.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: