Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 12-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Reiki and Energy Healers?

Hello. I checked around on this forum and didn't see anything posted about Reiki and energy healing so I thought I'd start a discussion. I've just been attuned to Reiki level II and plan to go all the way up to Master level.

Anybody else into Reiki, either giving or receiving? What have been your experiences?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

What a wonderful idea, thank you.

I am attuned to Level 2 and awaiting the Reiki Master to rise to the next level with. My Reiki Master passed shortly after our time together so I feel truly blessed to have been given the gift of working with her.

Initially I wanted to practice so that I could put positive energy into the food that I was cooking for people who had been diagnosed with terminal illness, but the experience was so much greater and more powerful than I could ever have imagined. Especially during my last class when I had 7 people working on me. My life transformed after that in a fascinating way.

Being open to receiving healing energy is a wonderful thing and something that I both needed and felt called to practice.

Namaste'

Sun

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

i also am working on completing my level 2 .....i need more practice within myself....i can send energy to others ...and im open to receive energy but for some reason when i'm off balance myself i can't seem to always pull it into myself when its needed. any suggestions?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,263 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I discovered Reiki around ten years ago whilst studying Shiatsu and within a year or so of being attuned to Level 1 went on to become a Master myself (at which point the Shiatsu fell to the wayside). One of my main reasons for going all the way to Level 3 was the fact that it was very obvious to me at the time that some Masters were reluctant to attune to Level 3 because they were afraid - mainly for financial reasons - that it would impact on their 'business' (I mean, why give someone the tools to treat/attune others and lose potential business) and I wanted to be the exception. So, needless to say, I wasn't so popular with some of my peers.

I still feel the same way though. Reiki should never be about the money.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

@Sun: That's a beautiful story but I'm sorry your Reiki Master/Teacher passed away. That's terrible.

@Dread: I have the same difficulty. It is so much easier for to send healing energy to others than it is to send healing energy to myself. Not sure why that is in my case either. Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I still feel the same way though. Reiki should never be about the money.

Words
Absolutely! I agree 100%. The main reason I didn't do this years ago is because I didn't have even a quarter of the amount of money I would need to pay for it. It's still a struggle but it's something I really want to turn into a side business (I plan to charge on a sliding scale) so eventually, it will pay for itself.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love energy work of all kinds. If the practitioner is in the right space, have their own balance and well-being (which I think is very important for projecting energy work) then it can be very healing on so many levels. I enjoy reiki sounds and often listen to this with high quality headphones because I feel that sound is healing. Aligning chakras, focused visualization and meditation are wonderful ways for self healing.

Where's Ms Meander? She's an energy worker. I'm sure she'll mosey in soon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

and also Qi Gong is something to look into if you're into self healing. lots of videos on you tube and free stuff online.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
and also Qi Gong is something to look into if you're into self healing. lots of videos on you tube and free stuff online.
I've wanted to get into Qi Gong myself but I'm so terribly uncoordinated. I tried learning Tai Chi and gave up out of sheer frustration. lol!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I've wanted to get into Qi Gong myself but I'm so terribly uncoordinated. I tried learning Tai Chi and gave up out of sheer frustration. lol!
The movements are very subtle and its not hard at all. Its more about your focus and how you breathe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

*raises hand*

Level 2 Reiki Practitioner here. i am content here and not interested in going on to Master level, Yet.

i am a bodyworker and use Reiki in conjunction with my work, and sometimes i get a request for a full Reiki only session, which i love. My hands are becoming more arthritic so Reiki helps me with them.

When i was attuned to Level 1 it was awesome! My teacher, who is also my mentor in my Reflexology work, was amazing! As she scrolled over me, i saw colors come alive in my head.

i am colorblind so seeing them was the biggest blessing of all.

My Level 2 attunement was a big disappointment. No where near the intensity or enlightenment as the first time, but i had a different teacher and i don't think she had the same impact on me as the first time.

Now where is pajara? She has an amazing energy!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
*raises hand*

Level 2 Reiki Practitioner here. i am content here and not interested in going on to Master level, Yet.

i am a bodyworker and use Reiki in conjunction with my work, and sometimes i get a request for a full Reiki only session, which i love. My hands are becoming more arthritic so Reiki helps me with them.

When i was attuned to Level 1 it was awesome! My teacher, who is also my mentor in my Reflexology work, was amazing! As she scrolled over me, i saw colors come alive in my head.

i am colorblind so seeing them was the biggest blessing of all.

My Level 2 attunement was a big disappointment. No where near the intensity or enlightenment as the first time, but i had a different teacher and i don't think she had the same impact on me as the first time.

Now where is pajara? She has an amazing energy!
I've been lucky enough to be attuned by the same Master/Healer I met many years ago. She was the first person to do Reiki on my when I was 20 and I managed to find her 8 years later to have my first attunement and then my second just about a month ago. She's unconventional and also incorporates a type of angelic healing and Shamanism into her training, which is awesome!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I find this thread really fascinating. I only very recently was introduced to the idea of Reiki and have had very little experience with it, but I have been healing with energy for many years. I learned as a teenager that if I concentrated on another person when they were in pain I could physically SEE where their pain was and instinctively knew how to move energy around and through them to relieve it.

As I became a bit older and other things influenced my life I shut down many of my own heightened mental abilities, and when I chose to take them back, the abilities were not as intense, but I can still feel pain and I can still help others to feel some relief from that pain.

Because my abilities are very untrained and non traditional, learning about how others use energy for healing is very interesting to me.

Thank you for this thread!!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I've been lucky enough to be attuned by the same Master/Healer I met many years ago. She was the first person to do Reiki on my when I was 20 and I managed to find her 8 years later to have my first attunement and then my second just about a month ago. She's unconventional and also incorporates a type of angelic healing and Shamanism into her training, which is awesome!
G.O.F...if you haven't already, there is an incredibly wonderful shaman, with an absolutely amazing energy, who is a member here....foxyshaman...she isn't online much, but I am sure you could leave her a message..she is just fantastic........I hope you will be blessed enough to make her 'acquaintance".
I am an empath, have healing touch, and very energy laden myself...via my Cherokee heritage...and indigo starseed centerings
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #14
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation
Default Reiki

This is a great thread. Thanks for starting it. I am happy to see so many Reiki folk here. I am second degree and never had a desire to get my master altho my Reiki Master wanted me to. I mostly use Reiki on my animals--horses are very open to energy . I have recently been doing Reiki on myself due to some nerve damage in my arm after an accident here on the ranch and have had very promising inprovement. I am also using a type of massage called "T-Touch" which was developed by a brilliant horsewoman named Linda Tellington-Jones.
Jeano
Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #15
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjeano View Post
This is a great thread. Thanks for starting it. I am happy to see so many Reiki folk here. I am second degree and never had a desire to get my master altho my Reiki Master wanted me to. I mostly use Reiki on my animals--horses are very open to energy . I have recently been doing Reiki on myself due to some nerve damage in my arm after an accident here on the ranch and have had very promising inprovement. I am also using a type of massage called "T-Touch" which was developed by a brilliant horsewoman named Linda Tellington-Jones.
Jeano
hey jeano:
that is awesome you are able to use the healing touch modality for yourself, and for horses. I have a dear friend here who studied with Linda in Hawaii, and she does work on the horses for the Wounded Warriors project locally!!!
Isn't it amazing what therapeutic touch can do, with the right positive energies?( My deceased wife &) I have that gift.......I use mine regularly....
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

I have been receiving Reiki for the last 3 months and I am very happy with the process and results thus far. I highly recommend it.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i love when the temperature in my treatment room rises after a session!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Twenty years ago when my son was still an infant, I took the level one Reiki training. I felt miraculously awakened but I was also given the vision to see a vast darkness which existed inside of and around me. So like a good sojourner I put aside everything else and set out to heal that darkness. Lucky for me I could not see the struggles that were in store or that it would be a 15-yr sidetrack. I might have flagged in my resolve.

I never lost touch with the knowing that I was meant to be a healer but it became a faint and distant glimmer of a memory while I was caught in a maelstrom. I don’t know why I wasn’t able to utilize Reiki while I allowed myself to suffer. But now I have had the experience of suffering in some of the most dismal, human ways; and the experience of clawing my way out by every messy, imperfect, human means possible. And I am so much better for it. Now.

So here I am, finally on the other side, all of these years later. I found Reiki again, or it found me. A friend sent me to see a shamanic healer, the first time I had ventured such an experience. The experience I had was profound. I was reawakened. It also happened that this Shaman is a Reiki Master/Teacher and so I became involved in her trainings. I live by limited means and she has always offered generous sliding scale and payment plans. She wants it to be accessible to everyone and that is something I feel passionate about, having often felt that access to natural therapeutics was denied me. I move forward in my own practice with the same intent. Healing for all.

I am now a Level II practioner. I retook Level I even though it wasn’t technically necessary. I eventually plan to do the master level training but am content to work with what I’ve got for some time. Level II opens up so many new horizons. So much to work with, practice, experience, and build upon. At the same time, I have been invited to join the training program of another amazing multi-disciplinary healer. My experience with Reiki is a perfect complement as this new modality incorporates energy work as well. It’s very exciting!

I am now practicing full Reiki sessions on a regular basis, as encouraged by my mentors. I am experiencing such a miraculous opening up and it is such a joy to share what I am learning with others, to help them activate their own healing. And it is wonderful to see so many people here, open to the flow.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreadPirateRoberts View Post
i also am working on completing my level 2 .....i need more practice within myself....i can send energy to others ...and im open to receive energy but for some reason when i'm off balance myself i can't seem to always pull it into myself when its needed. any suggestions?

My suggestion is to not over-think it. Keep practicing on yourself no matter what and it will flow, even if you think it's not working your intent alone is enough to make things happen. I practice on myself each day, at least for a few minutes in bed at night before I fall asleep and in the morning before I get up.

It is also sometimes helpful to come up with a mantra you say to yourself, in your head or aloud, to clarify your intent. Mine is generally some variation of - I am an open conduit for light and love to deliver to this beautiful being for their greatest good.

Sometimes visualization is also helpful. I sometimes envision, and often feel, energy in the form of light entering the top of my head, flowing throughout my body, and through my hands.

Again. Don't over-think it. Practice and trust.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you Girl on Fire

Many thanks Girl on Fire.

2nd degree here.

Practicing for many years now. I accept gifts in kind or donations.

My pets come to me for Reiki, after the initial shock of getting some

Started as empath.

When off balance I work on myself until resolved.

If hands bother you, incorporate more alive foods in your diet, eliminate grains and other stimulate/inflamation causing foods. Google it.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:

Tags
energy, healing, holistic, reiki