Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 01-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #61
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

Yes, I have and I am currently. We met here in BFP

*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers)

I did once on a dare, it was more of a prank set up by her friends. If ya want to know the story I started a thread about Blind dates a while back.
As for now, I would not do a blind date. It's just not my style.

*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know?

I try to stay away from those situations. I'm not one to date a friends heartbreak.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

There are some PRO's to dating long distance. One is all you have is communication so it forces you to get to know each other which is so important. If you are honest with each other you learn how to work out differences or if you can't then you know that person is not for you. You have to remember that when you see each other if it's once a month or a couple months before seeing each other that it's still some what of a vacation, it's not everyday living. If you can't live without them... DON'T MOVE THEM IN, if you can live separately (in the same city) for even a few months if not a year.

On the CON side of things, not having that person with you once a week or even more for that matter does suck. If you are the type of person that has to or can't live with out the sight and touch of the other person this may not be for you.

I can't say if online or in person is better? If you meet someone from your own city. Do you really get to know them the way you get to know someone online (yes and no) if you were to go out on your first date (in person) you may not ask the "questions" you really need to know. Such as Top. bottom, Sub, Dom or the many questions that people are a bit shy to ask right away to see if there is even that dynamic you are looking for. Online makes it much easier to ask those hard questions. I think it teaches you to communicate right away. Learning to talk to each other is so important I can't stress enough.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #62
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

Of course, it's too hard to find a good butch just anywhere...;-)

Hate 'em. Everybody has an opinion as to what you need, usually doesn't include you in any way, shape, or form.

No, probably not. That is kinda creepy.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

I guess any way you can find someone who compliments you is a good thing. Online can be a great way to meet someone (and have fun) but IRL is important eventually.

I have had a couple of bad experiences and a couple of good experiences with on-line...people can easily be what they want to be, not what they truly are. Sometimes, dangerously so.

Sorry, just coming off a bad one...
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #63
Cuddles

How Do You Identify?:
A romantic butch who loves to cuddle... and steal your french fry when you're not looking!
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference.
Relationship Status:
Single, always looking to mingle and maybe be tamed one day

Cuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST Reputation

I would and have. I've had two long term relationships that began online from a gaming community. Even though they ended I still think online dating is a great way to get to know someone. Usually both people feel comfortable enough to let their guard down and open up.

No. They aren't going to know what it is I'm really searching for.

I'd have to have more information to answer this. Was it a brief fling and the person I know is totally cool with it? Just hard to answer that one.

I think both have their pros and cons. I don't think one is better than the other but I do know that online dating is harder!
Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuddles For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #64
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

Yes, I have done so and think that this is perfectly normal and healthy. However, I wouldn't / couldn't "date" someone online. Rather, via online media, I've been able to meet (in real-life) some interesting people and date.

Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers)

Have done so and have had some very enjoyable and fun nights out as a result.

Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know?

Yes. I wouldn't have a problem with this at all in most circumstances. The only difficulty I would have would be where my friend had been in a full blown relationship with the other person and still had strong feelings for the person or was feeling hurt emotionally. Likely, I'd still be happy to date this someone but it woukd create an unwelcome complication.

Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

I think that either can be great in that you can meet what become fantastic friends or fantastic partners via online or in real-life. However, generally, real life can be better in terms of initial interaction as, for me, it's so much easier to get idea of who someone is and what they are by interacting with them in the flesh and looking in their eyes.

In my experience, a person's online persona is typically different from their real-life persona. In most cases, there's nothing disingenuous about that - it's just that we are much more multi-layered in real-life, for good and bad, than we can be online. Of course, there are those who are rather disingenuous online and, in addition, some crazy people can appear normal online. Therefore, the real-life method is a better filter mechanism for me.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #65
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

You try living on butchless island 2400 miles from anywhere and see just how long you won't do long distance..... Luckily I like frequent flyer miles a lot..

I did and omg I have some ammmmmmmazing stories....Like the hobbit......

really.small.swiming.pool - nearly everyone I know has slept with or seen everyone else naked... sooooooo...

I've done both and in all reality I'd have been just as crushed out on my ex's either way.. And besides - assholes can hide behind a drink glass as readily as they can hid behind a computer screen!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I have and fell in love and I think it is a great way to meet people.

I met my first husband that way and am open to it.

Yes, because the person you know would be a great reference.

Both are great. I am open to any way of meeting new people.
laruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #67
sarahwho

How Do You Identify?:
lonely femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single - I quit

sarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I would and yes I have

I have, but......not working out so well.

sure, unless it would create hard feelings w/my friend.

What's the difference really? In the end, you meet.....maybe gives you an opportunity to meet someone that you would have otherwise not having had the chance of meeting and getting to know.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #68
calibri

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

calibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputationcalibri Has the BEST Reputation

Not that the OP didn't raise an interesting question, but the very idea of "real life VERSUS online dating" suggests that they're mutually exclusive. I think they can compliment each other to give you a bigger overall pool of people to interact with.
calibri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calibri For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #69
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both) - Yes, I have and I still do.

*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers) - I have, but my friends are not very good at picking out my dates. They do try hard and I appreciate them.

*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know? - Yes, unless it caused strife somehow.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life? - I think both have their qualities. I do like being in the same room with someone a lot, though. It helps to know if there is chemistry (the happy intermingling of pheromones).
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #70
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I have. Quite a few times. I've met people from three different forums, dating sites and chat rooms. I've had long term relationships with people I've met that way.

Well not blind dates, per say. But I have had friends organise a social eve and invite me and someone they think I would get on with. Or they've invited me and their single friend they'd like me to hook up with to the same event. It's pretty normal in my expereince for people to do this. I think it's rather generous and kind. I met one partner this way.

Considering the small size of the entire community, this would be impossible if I didn't. One of my exes in San Fran wound up being a very close friend of someone I was dating in London. There are seven dykes on the planet and the rest is done with mirrors.

I've dated many people that are known to others, and my friends have set me up on dates with their exes if they think we'd get on. I personally have no issue with someone I know or a friend dating one of my exes - as long as there has been enough time for me to get over it.

It's not *really* my biz if someone dates one of my exes. As the saying goes "not my monkeys, not my circus" and if I am truly over my ex, I can leave them to their privacy about it.

I could say "it doesn't really matter" but to be totally honest, the relationships I've had with meeting people for romance the meat world has turned out better in that the relationships lasted much longer, they were local to where I was, we had friends in common and it was easy to upkeep the relationship.

From the net, it has usually been with some kind of distance which made easy physical contact difficult, no shared social spaces, and usually those things tended to give rise to dishonesty and more work to upkeep anything long term.

Other users milage may vary. My expereince is certainly not par for the course.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #71
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Yes! I have had several relationships with people I have met online, both locally and long distance.

I have never been on a blind date, but I wouldn't mind. I might questions some of my friend's judgement as to the type I prefer to date, but I am open to meeting new people, regardless of it materializing into a relationship. Friendships are great too!

Depends who. A close friend, absolutely not! I value my friendships too much, and it would bother me if a close friend was with an ex of mine. If it is an acquaintance, maybe. I guess it depends!! :-D

I would love to meet someone in my local area, of course, but that isn't always possible. The Internet gives us such a broad spectrum of people to connect with, I think it's more likely to find someone compatible, especially in our community which is already small. As long as the person embodies the qualities I am looking for, I am ok with either.

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #72
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Meat world - ;] a new dating site? Best typo maybe evah

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
[B]*

I could say "it doesn't really matter" but to be totally honest, the relationships I've had with meeting people for romance the meat world has turned out better in that the relationships lasted much longer, they were local to where I was, we had friends in common and it was easy to upkeep the relationship.
Meat world has always worked the best for me too bwahhaha! Except for maybe that one time in a Seattle bar ,standing at the wall referred to as the meat rack. I was an out of towner and clueless why women were looking me over. Their come hither looks were completely lost on me. Finally, someone explained it all to me which was hysterical. I kept thinking, they wanted to rumble brilliantly dense - I still Have It like that ;]
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #73
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both) Yes I would, and have, gone out with femmes I have met online, both local and long distance.

I have never been on a blind date before. I would likely want to set it up as a coffee date first to make sure that we both felt comfortable and then either continue it into a dinner date or set a future 2nd date.

*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know? This would depend on the individual situation. If the person is an ex of an acquaintance, then possibly, again it depends on the situation. If the person is an ex of a close friend of mine, no. I would not want to risk losing the close friendship on the possibility of a new relationship working out.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life? To me, dating locally would be the ideal but I have not found the local Trans/femme dating pool as of yet. I prefer to date queer femmes because they usually understand where I am coming from and vice versa, plus I love the queer energy and the dance...not many queer femmes around where I live. That said, long distance dating can be fun and work well with clear communication and effort by both parties.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #74
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not meant to be alone

Yes,did it,would do it again.

Sure,why not.

Yes,did it...

Both.

Well,that was fun..
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:20 PM   #75
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

I've never gone out with someone I've met online, but if I trusted the person enough online, and we knew each other for a little while, I'd be open to meeting someone online, however I'm a huge introvert and kind of awkward when meeting people online, so my hopes of finding someone online feel pretty slim...

I have never been on a blind date, but I would be open to it, if it was set up by someone I knew.

Depends on the circumstances. If the person I knew was ok with it, then I might.

I prefer meeting people irl rather than online, but I'll keep my options open, and it seems like meeting people online is a little easier.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #76
indigo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-like
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

indigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputation

Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

Yes, why not. Important for me is, to have at least an idea about the personality of the other person, to have a feeling for what/ who to expect and which expectations the other person has.

Nah, not really my thing. Never say never, though...

Never was in a situation like this, I assume rather not, especially when that someone is a close friend of mine.

People that I already met in real life, because I prefer to watch from a save distance before a "date-like situation" develops. Still, one of my projects for next year is to become a bit more courageous on respect thereof.
indigo is offline   Reply With Quote