Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your Girl Scout Cookie Style?
I'm a purist, only the old standards for me. 38 45.78%
I'm trendy, I only like the newer cookies. 3 3.61%
It's a cookie, I'll eat it. 26 31.33%
How a much a box!? Do I look like I'm made of money? 11 13.25%
Cookies *blech* 3 3.61%
What are these Girl Scout Cookie things of which you speak? 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #21
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I usually buy boxes and boxes upon boxes of caramel delights. They are my fave. But alas I only bought two a few weeks ago and they are gone And now since the diet I cant have no more
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #22
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Purist.

I desperately miss the original shortbread cookies of days gone by. They were delicious! Oh yes and I'm simply taken a back by the price per box these days. When I sold them, a box went for $1.25 (don't judge).
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #23
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
When I sold them, a box went for $1.25 (don't judge).

You know, the first sign of aging is talking about how cheap things were back when you were a kid. The second in telling kids about how you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get to and from school every day.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I've already been thru a case of caramel delights... *blushing profusely* lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #25
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Cheap Bastard voted #4.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
I like that idea. When I was a kid, I went door to door taking orders and then delivering cookies.

Around here, the parents that work with the troops just order a bunch of cookies and then set up and sell in front of the local stores. In SF, they'd set up tables in the Financial District so that we could buy them on the way to BART or the bus. I don't think that the kids get much out of this, though, as the parents are doing all of the work and the kids just stand there. They even give the kids cheat sheets so that they don't have to bother figuring out how much to charge for more than one box! On the other hand, these hyper-protective parents heads would probably explode at the notion of their over-pampered little darlings having to knock on neighborhood doors. I'm sure that this isn't the case everywhere; I live in fairly affluent area full of over-indulged children.
Nope. I don't live in an affluent area and they do that too, mainly in front of the grocery stores. After all, cookies IS its own separate food group, right?

Quote:

You know, the first sign of aging is talking about how cheap things were back when you were a kid. The second in telling kids about how you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get to and from school every day.

Barefoot. You forgot barefoot. Must be the third sign of aging...memory loss.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #27
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Barefoot. You forgot barefoot. Must be the third sign of aging...memory loss.
What were we talking about?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #28
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yikes, the cat is definitely out of the bag that I'm not 18.

*dramatic sigh*

As for anecdote's regarding trudging through snow, not my thingy. BUT I will admit to referring to baggy pants kids as possible hoodlums of the future.

However, with that said, I believe that a box of Girl Scout cookies and a bit of campfire song (while wearing a sash with badges) can cure all that ails society (especially little rabbit fu fu). Just sayin'.
; )

Last edited by Enchantress; 03-01-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 AM   #29
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

THIN MINTS ALL THE WAY!!!! I ordered multiple cases this year.... they have to last me all year, 'til the next time they are sold.... right?

I bought an additional case of mixed variety of Girl Scout cookies when I challenged a "Junior" scout.... I told her I would buy another case of cookies from her if she could tell me how many calories were in 4 cases of Thin Mints....
about two hours later she called me and blurted out the answer.... I told her I would pick up my cookies in half an hour.... that case of cookies went to the horse rescue ranch for the volunteers.... one of whom promptly fed my horseappotamus one of her Girl Scout cookies!

I also kinda like the "Daisy Go Rounds".... and the shortbread cookies with the chocolate layer on the bottom....

I sold GS cookies when they were like 50cents a box...
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TexasCowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #30
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Uh oh.

The Lemon Chalet Girl Scout cookies are being recalled. Here's the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35606744/

They're saying that they are "safe" to eat, just not "up to quality".

~Theo~ .....has only eaten the mint ones.
Not sure what my lot number was, but the lemon creme was quite odd. Cynthia was quite amused at my descriptions of bursts of faux lemon weirdness.

I did, of course, eat 2 boxes of them anyway.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #31
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorable View Post
Ha! I got kicked out of the girl scouts for eating brownies.

Seriously, I love the samoas.
Eating brownies? Please elaborate

When I was a Girl Scout, cookie time was scary. I was a crazed bitch that had to be no.1. I just had to..

BTW, it's all about the Thin Mints..

Duchess
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #32
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I also was a Girl Scout and sold door to door, oh those were the days!

My favorites are Samoas, but I can be tempted by a frozen Thin Mint. OMG
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #33
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
On the other hand, these hyper-protective parents heads would probably explode at the notion of their over-pampered little darlings having to knock on neighborhood doors. I'm sure that this isn't the case everywhere; I live in fairly affluent area full of over-indulged children.
There are a lot of sex offenders and drug dealers in our neighborhood; I'd worry about any kid, boy or girl, knocking on doors--even teens. I remember so vividly how scary it was to go door to door when we had to sell Band Candy (usually M&Ms) during high school... some people are just plain scary and I never knew what kind of person would open that door... or how vicious their dog might be.

Back to GSC, we bought three boxes of Peanut Butter Patties yesterday at one of those tables set up at the grocery store and I about fell over... they were $3.50 a box!!! Just the day before, looking in shock at dog cookies at Walgreens, I had mentioned to Gryph that not only would I not pay $7 for a 13 oz box of people cookies, I wouldn't pay $3 for one... and now I have paid $3.50 for 7 oz?!

But it isn't that they're Girl Scout cookies... tis that they're Gryph's all-time favorites. So I said to myself, "it's once a year" and I bought them. *sheepish look*
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #34
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Wow... what a big difference a little geography makes. Growing up in my old neighborhood, girl scouts didn't ring your door bell, the Guardian Angels did.

lol

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #35
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

i just like the girlscout leaders u can keep the cookies...yes yes yes the thin mints beckon to me but I must not yield to temptation, When I can not buy shorts at old navy cause they dont have my size....it is obvious over the years i have eaten to many girl scout cookies!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #36
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
What were we talking about?
I dunno.

Depends? MacGuyver? Bingo? Fiber?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 AM   #37
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Samoas all the way!

Hypothetically, I am all over this.
Yet every year I bite into the crusty coconut topped, cheekily chocolate striped, hole in the center little delight and I am absolutely crestfallen. Has the recipe changed? Have I gotten spoiled by my shameless fetish for fresh young coconut? Have I destroyed a childhood sure thing or uncovered a cruel illusion?

It kinda bugs me.
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #38
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,610 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

personally I have always liked the thin mints...but...I dont buy the cookies anymore because I love to make my own cookies now. However, I get my senses indulged by going to our Dairy Queen and getting their Thin Mint Blizzard, made with chocolate Ice Cream!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #39
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin View Post

Yet every year I bite into the crusty coconut topped, cheekily chocolate striped, hole in the center little delight and I am absolutely crestfallen. Has the recipe changed? Have I gotten spoiled by my shameless fetish for fresh young coconut? Have I destroyed a childhood sure thing or uncovered a cruel illusion?

It kinda bugs me.
This happened to me starting a few years ago, something was different. I don't recall even buying any last year. I couldn't handle yet another disappointment.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #40
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin View Post

It kinda bugs me.
Quote:
This happened to me starting a few years ago, something was different. I don't recall even buying any last year. I couldn't handle yet another disappointment.

My palate is nowhere near sophisticated and I don't notice changes because I don't eat them every year, so maybe that has something to do with it. I still like 'em.

I'm misunderestimated.