Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

View Poll Results: Should BFP Arcade Scores be Reset?
Yes, reset 49 72.06%
No, do not reset 19 27.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Arcade: Reset scores?

I thinking that it may be a good time to reset scores on games as I suspect some of the "issues" may be related to the length that "top scores" are kept. I may have to also go through and purge some of the games so that we get to a core set, making it easier for me to track down updates so that we can address bugs in the games.

To start, I'd like to get some feedback on score resets. So if you can answer the survey above. And in a post list your top 5 BFP Arcade games in order that you play most often.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I worked very hard to earn my scores..
I agree.. reset.. only if we have to. There are a few games that we don't currently play because they have saving issues or freezing issues. Maybe a reset, just to clean it up and drop some of the scores of people who haven't been around in years.. freeing up that data space again.

Last edited by Breathless; 11-03-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Breathless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Breathless For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

If we knew for sure that resetting would solve the problems, then I say yes.

If we dont know if it will fix the problem and if we havent investigated other potential avenues of correction i.e. making sure updates have been applied to all games, then I say no.

And, I cant say I ever heard of long term high scores ever mucking up any games even on game sites. Unaddressed maintenance issues, poor game design, and unsupported games are usually the culprit.

Resetting might be expedient but it may not be the cure.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

If we knew for sure that resetting would solve the problems, then I say yes.

If we dont know if it will fix the problem and if we havent investigated other potential avenues of correction i.e. making sure updates have been applied to all games, then I say no.
I'm with Kobi on this. As Breathless said, I also worked very hard for my scores. I know Kobi did too. I think other things should be tried first.

Would it be worth a try to wipe out scores from people who haven't played in a long time? or people who haven't logged in to BFP in a long time? Also (and maybe you've already tried this) could an appeal be made to other BFPers to review the issues and see if there are any for which they can offer solutions? I know I've never reviewed the list of arcade problems in the forum, because you do such a good job of keeping it all up and running, I've just assumed it was all under control.

My fave 5 changes all the time, but currently they are:
Wordcube
Super PacMan
Suds
Box of Chocolates
Tetris 2

Thanks for spending your time looking into these fixes, Linus.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

My five favorites are:

1. Shanghai 2 Mahjong
2. Zodiac Leo Mahjong
3. Flip words
4. Spider Solitaire One suit
5. Skyblocks

I voted no on the re-set, but I voted before I read why the reset may be needed. If it takes resetting the scores in order to fix the problems, then we will just have to live with it.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I play all the mahjong games , yatzee, spider solitaire,box of chocolates game, etc. I play all different games depending on my mood at the time.

If resetting needs to be done to fix issues, then I say Just do it.
I voted yes on the resetting if it would fix the issues.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #7
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I wonder how many people voted yes to resetting the scores whose motivation is to get closer to hitting the top score, rather than a more altruistic motivation?

Just a thought.

P.S. I have never been to the arcade, so no, I didn't vote. If I were a top scorer though, I would implore BFP to check all avenues before deleting top scores (or leave at leave the top 10 or something). Games can be serious stuff to some people.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Yes.
Because I haven't been in here in a while and I am sure I suck at them by now.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
ChiGirl23

How Do You Identify?:
Complicated

ChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST ReputationChiGirl23 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Arcade Scores Like Throwback Days

Should stand until bumped off- Old Fashion I Guess!?
ChiGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChiGirl23 For This Useful Post: