Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #122
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A few folks mentioned the back up freezer. I save so much money using mine. I buy a lot of things in bulk when they are on sale. I also try to buy my grains, beans, other non-perishables in bulk. Often my weekly grocery runs are fruits, veggies, and pet items because I stock up on everything else in big runs every few months.

I cook from scratch as much as I can, that saves a lot of money.

I use groupon type things sometimes for outings and trips- sometimes they end up saving a good chunk.

Try to pay cash for just about everything so I'm more mindful of how much I'm spending and it doesn't rack up CC interest.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #123
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Save money

I eat a lot of meat so when I find it on sale I buy it and freeze it. I also buy frozen veggies on sale and freeze them. I love fresh veggies but I only buy what I will eat that week.

I too pay cash at the grocery store.
I make all my food from scratch and that saves me a lot of money.

I plan my expenses each week and that helps a lot. I always put aside a little fun money but if I don't spend it then I am ahead of the game the next week.

Happy savings friends!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #124
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I stay single..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #125
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I stay single..........
Haha! Yes, that works too.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 06:28 PM   #126
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I use almost no credit. Everything by cash. EVERYTHING.

I buy in resale stores

I sell in resale stores and use the money made there to buy in resale stores

I grow my own plants from seed instead of buying plants

I grow plants and thus, veggies, instead of buying them in the store. I also keep my gardening simple, and dont buy expensive gardening tools, etc.

I borrow what I can. I buy only quality when I do buy.

I do not buy in quantity. It goes bad in our house because we never get around to using it all. So we buy in moderate amounts of small amounts. Sounds backwards but its what works for our two person household.

I am buying a half a cow and half a pig this year from a farmer, at slaughter time and putting them in my freezer. I have had it for two years and never used it. We decided that was silly. (the freezer was given to us)

I got rid of cable. I refuse to pay $150 a month for the privilege of watching commercial laden shows. We have netflix, hulu and amazon plus. Still cheaper! (I also watch shows the day after, on imtv.cc)

I keep my car maintained so I have fewer repair bills. Once a car is paid off, I only keep liability on it. The money I save goes into a fund that goes for the next car, as a full payment or a down payment.

I live within my means. I overstetched myself at times and was miserable whenever I did so. I am much happier living carefully.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 06:28 PM   #127
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Whoever said "two can live as cheap as one" was a bold face liar!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 06:29 PM   #128
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I am getting my hair trimmed at the beauty school for $10.00!

I will let you know if this was a really bad idea.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #129
blueblackbird

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

blueblackbird is on a distinguished road

When I go to Starbucks, I always just get tea. I don't need all the sugar in a latte anyway (although this is easy for me to say since I don't drink coffee.)
blueblackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blueblackbird For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #130
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default The decorating budget blues????

It's fun to see how much we have in common when having to live on a budget. So many of us seem to have similar strategies.

I have a shopping triangle: Trader Joes, Sprouts and Costco. I have found I can get really good quality food at reasonable prices by being picky and price aware. Our Costco carries a lot of organic products. I love my freezer too.

I decided to try and redecorate my house via Craigslist. I've bought choice pieces and sold my old stuff. Just this week it all fell into place. I love Annie Sloan and her chalk paint. I buy for shape, design, and quality. And I actually love it if it needs some paint It's really easy to sell on Craigslist if you are reasonable about your pricing. I always screen people via a phone call, sometimes several. There are 2 major cities one to the North and one to the South of me. About a 200-mile drive either way and what an adventure to take a lovely drive and come home with furniture, meet new people lol it's an adventure. But at the end of the day, I have gotten the look I want and quality items that I could not afford otherwise. It's known that I am a decorating addict, please help me. Fortunately, I don't have to answer to anyone on that matter.

TIP: When wealthy people redecorate they often sell things cheap so they can get on with their projects. Act fast and bargain with them.

CL is a treasure hunt you never know what piece you will find at what time. Be patient when you want an item, it will come up.

I heard a saying in regards to organization and decluttering: Only save what you love. I tend to have a love of "SHINEY THINGS" especially if found on a treasure hunt like yard sales, Craigslist etc. Ohhh shiny thing, great price, and growing clutter. So I have been on an only save what I use and love binge. It has happened in layers, over a couple of years. I am finally down to what I really want and love. My house is easier to clean, and when I look around I smile because I really love what's left.

Love the laundry soap idea <3
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 10:00 PM   #131
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Only order water in restaurants.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 05:35 AM   #132
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Only order water in restaurants.
But not with lemon or lime wedges as most of them have fecal residue on them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #133
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Me too, I live within the means of my earning power. I don't use credit cards at all, but swipe my credit union debit card or use cash for purchases.

I've been able to save money by upgrading all my appliances at home to energy saving appliances. Also, I qualified for energy credits via the power company, because I upgraded my appliances. I wish I could qualify for clean energy off the power grid, but because I live in an much older urban housing community, I won't be able to do that unless I buy my own property/home.

That's my dream, to own my own home. I started a savings account for funds to go toward that dream. I do that by contributing money that I save on my power bill. It's growing steadily because for years, before I bought my energy saving appliances, my power bill would notoriously sky rocket during late fall through late spring (a span of over 7-8 months).

This year, I want to have my sweetheart build a few things (little pet projects): I want to have more privacy by attaching lattice work to the patio balcony, so I can grow sun flowers and trumpet vines and trailing roses and English ivy. I've been keeping an eye out for an rather large patio umbrella, so I can stand it up inside a wooden picnic table, to provide coverage during times of rain.

I'm actually hoping to have a nice amount of cash equity set aside before I turn 60 (a couple of years from now), to help me purchase a small house, on a reasonable sized rural lot.

My car died during grad school, a number of years ago, so I don't miss the price of car insurance or weekly gasoline purchases or car maintenance expenditures. Bicycling gets me to where I need to go, plus it's a fabulous way to get exercise and decompress after a work day or just ride for fun and relaxation. The cost of upkeep on my bicycle is minimal, so I don't miss owning a car at all.

I cook all meals at home, which saves too. I like to go out for dinner or breakfast, maybe once or twice a year. I really like it that four times a year, certain groups of friends get together for potlucks or BBQ's. I always make something to take to these seasonal get-together's: by request, if it's something everyone would like to have again; or be creative and bring something that people don't always make at home but would enjoy eating.

I really want to grow my own vegetables and such but there's not enough space or room to do that, right now.

For the most part, I live modestly. My sweetheart does too. We're happy and it makes us feel good that our lifestyle choices and values match similarly.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #134
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
But not with lemon or lime wedges as most of them have fecal residue on them.

Exactly! (my mom told me this..)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 10:17 PM   #135
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

staying in the woods all weekend and not going into town to Home Depot, Lowe's or Sams Club

btw, you people are cracking me up in this thread tonight

almost forgot ... had to come back and edit ...
staying away from Abercrombie &Fitch's online clearance sale

I ordered 2 of their guys shirt jackets around 5:00 a.m. today ... With the coupon code A & F supplied, they were down to right about $28.00 each... that was for the light brown one and the khaki colored one ... the other colors at that time in the morning were not marked down that much ... if anyone goes there, be sure and study the size and fit ... if it does not say"Classic Fit" then I go up a size from my norm
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #136
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

This year I decided to put aside $5 a day from my job and so far, I've been able to do it. At the end of the year, I'll have saved a decent amount. My only dilemma is how often should I bank it.

And, I gave up my credit cards, only using cash and debit nowadays.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #137
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I stay single..........
HAHAHAHA yes this, very much this!

I still spend money but not as much as I did, when I was in a relationship,
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #138
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

I put money away. I can be dead poor but I don't touch my savings. I am waiting for the housing market to crash again.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #139
Penelope

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
In Love♥

Penelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST ReputationPenelope Has the BEST Reputation

By returning EVERYTHING I bought today! Nothing was quite right once I got home - not the dog beds, shower curtain or bath rug.