Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

when i would go to my dad's on the weekend his friend always had the ale in the green bottle..wish i could remember it's name..i think it's Irish?
Old 05-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #462
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

There's this little pub a couple miles away from me that is in the running for USA Today's best brewery pub in America award. They just won one of the top 50 best beer awards in the country for their Hunter Vanilla Double Milk Stout, as well as #1 in the state. My favorite is called Deal with the devil. This beer smells so good it could be made into a cologne. The organic hops are dry and crisp, with lots of tropical fruit.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #463
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I went to a baseball game last Friday and a group of young adults from India sat near me and we had such a delightful time talking with each other before the game started. Next thing I know, one of them offers to buy me a beer to go with the meal I ordered. He bought a Coors for me. I've never had a Coors before, but it was pretty good for a domestic beer. Not bitter, not sweet, deep pungent hopps taste and it was kind of orange colored. Like that Blue Moon beer, which I like a lot.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #464
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I know very little about beer so feel altogether mystified when it comes to looking for a good european dark ale. i need for an antique bread recipe.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:09 AM   #465
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when coffee was coffee ( a lost cause now ) and beer was beer. You want a fruity taste, buy juice. Worst case, drink juice after your beer ...better for a possible breathalyzer test on your way home .

Leave those fruity bits out of beer. Beer is not sangria. Beer doesn't need fruit...Good beer deserves respect. Gentrify neighbourhoods but leave beer alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 08:21 AM   #466
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I remember when coffee was coffee ( a lost cause now ) and beer was beer. You want a fruity taste, buy juice. Worst case, drink juice after your beer ...better for a possible breathalyzer test on your way home .

Leave those fruity bits out of beer. Beer is not sangria. Beer doesn't need fruit...Good beer deserves respect. Gentrify neighbourhoods but leave beer alone.
At our Craft Beer Book Club this month i decided to try a Horchata-flavored beer.

It was ok going down but it did not stay down. This could have been caused by their new menu item, fish sandwich, though
Old 09-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #467
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

The Brits have been drinking beer and eating fish and chips for centuries now. I'd be looking at that outlier "horchata" stuff before I'd blame the haddock.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #468
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I know very little about beer so feel altogether mystified when it comes to looking for a good european dark ale. i need for an antique bread recipe.
Good Luck on finding the perfect dark ale for your bread recipe. I actually did a simple internet search and came up with page for beers used in breads.

Here's the link, kittygrrl, maybe this will help (I hope!): https://www.thebreadshebakes.com/201...ake-with-beer/

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #469
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I know next to nothing about beers as well Miss Kitty, but I do know I've never met a loaf of bread I didn't like.....

Feel free to send a loaf my way once you get it down pat......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 02:34 PM   #470
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I know next to nothing about beers as well Miss Kitty, but I do know I've never met a loaf of bread I didn't like.....

of course H!
Old 09-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #471
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Looks like this thread is heading off the bar rail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #472
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Someone (very thoughtfully) recommended i choose what appealed to my senses...a beautiful suggestion..the next time i'm in whole foods-
Old 09-30-2019, 07:37 AM   #473
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Hey Miss kitty inquiring minds are curious how that bread recipe is coming along...
Old 09-30-2019, 09:57 AM   #474
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

I find that I like lagers and ales better than IPAs......and everyone is doing all sorts of IPAs at the local breweries and taphouses. We just recently visited http://abandonedbuildingbrewery.com/ and https://www.newcitybrewery.com/ Both were great and close by one another in an old converted mill.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:55 AM   #475
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I tried this on my vacation and it was DELIGHTFUL

Old 09-30-2019, 09:14 PM   #476
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Has anyone ever wondered about beers made with hopps? I found an interesting web-blog called: Hoosier Beer Geek.

I tend to like Hopps brewed beers (when I take a notion to have one).

Check out their blog page called:

Beer School | Know Your Beer Styles

Image Credit: Porch Drinking -dot- Com.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 10:45 PM   #477
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,529 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

While in Florida I had this and it was pretty decent. It's a local brew...now where to find more..
Some one lead me to this..

It was nasty!! Lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 05:53 PM   #478
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I'm still waiting Miss Kitty......
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #479
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Quote:
I'm still waiting Miss Kitty......
It will be awhile yet H...but, making stickybuns this weeknd and i share
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 12:46 AM   #480
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
It will be awhile yet H...but, making stickybuns this weeknd and i share

At the risk of repeating myself, I've never came across a sticky-bun I didn't like....