Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

It might *feel* differently if perhaps the thread was named "Who would you like to have a night with" or...Hmmmm. I'm not really sure, actually how this subject could be broached in this medium without being problematic.

I can tell from some of the responses so far that this has struck a nerve, and we don't have a policy here at this time about questioning moderation publicly, so I, June am saying that in this case, I would welcome thoughts on how this thread topic might be handled in a different way, as long as there is no vilification of the thread starter and people are respectful and insightful.

Tappin' My Way Out,

June
When I first read the title, I was not sure if they meant "fuck" by "tap". Once I read the thread, I realized that was the meaning.

My first reaction was not a good one.
My second one was to back up and ask myself if it was hurting me on a personal level.
My third was to realize that maybe some of us need to express this part of ourselves like this.
My fourth was to not read in this thread again until I saw you had posted. Then, of course, my curiosity won.

I like that you asked . My answer is that I think sometimes there will be a need for this kind of energy outlet.

A 12 year old lives inside of most of us and sometimes that youthful energy needs an out. (not the most helpful answer but there you are. Moderating sucks, doesn't it?)

As for whom I would like to tap? I will go with the definition of "go to for knowledge and advice" as others have and say Eleanor Roosevelt and Julius Caesar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #22
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just another silly thread!!

When I read the thread title I really didn't put much thought into it as being offensive. I think I am safe to say Andrew's intentions always come from a place of love and authenticity. I joined in for fun and support. I am scratching my peanut head wondering what may/is offensive about it? I am asking for my own obtuse and sometimes falling short of the mark kinda guy?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #23
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
June,

I just am not sure of what to say. It was popular on another site. I thought it would be fun to start it here as well.

Let's just stop and turn it off before it gets out of hand. My apologies to anyone this thread offended or insulted. It was not my intent.

Peace,
Andrew

Andrew, could you clarify what the topic is about? Some of us do need clue-by-fours is this more of seeing some celebrity and saying "Oh! I'd totally do her/him!"? 'Cuz if that is it, I have a long, long list.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #24
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Can I post about who I'd like to tap with a truck?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
I would love to tap the First Lady on the uhhhh...shoulder!!!
I think Mrs. Obama has lovely shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
Can I post about who I'd like to tap with a truck?
Maybe. Are you talking Mack or Ram or Tonka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
No, puddin', not in this venue. Thanks for asking.

(And making me laugh)

I think, weatherboi, that threads like this can be viewed as sexist and objectifying, however, I also think it can be a way to talk about how things make us feel and hopefully, have not only a fun outlet, but an opportunity for learning more about each other as well.

And The Arwen - Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Thankfully, folks mostly check themselves and each other here, so we don't get a ton of reported posts to look at. I'm impressed by that.
I can't express how much I appreciate the open quality to this site!

For myself, I just don't get into this particular discussion very much. I haven't much interest in revealing my thought process that would go into this, although I do appreciate the content of it. Maybe it's my voyeuristic nature, but I'm fine with listening and reading what others have to say. I just don't feel like adding anyone to my list other than my honey.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #26
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Linus and Weatherboi,

It was like on the other site - who would you like to tap or in June's words "spend the night with". I had no idea it was wrong or disrespectful. That is never my meaning. It never has been. I feel like a jackass once again.

Namaste,
Andrew
Old 12-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #27
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Linus and Weatherboi,

It was like on the other site - who would you like to tap or in June's words "spend the night with". I had no idea it was wrong or disrespectful. That is never my meaning. It never has been. I feel like a jackass once again.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew my friend do not feel like a jack ass!! You are a great guy!! With good intentions!!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #28
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Weatherboi,

Thank you for your kind words.

Andrew
Old 12-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #29
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Oh yeah Sharon Stone
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #30
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

Tim Curry - especially with his clown make up on xoxo
Clea DuVall
Michelle Rodriguez
Andrew McCarthy back in the 80's
and Robert Downey Jr (Less Than Zero threesome?)
Woody Harrelson + Juliette Lewis (as Mickey / Mallory )
Jessie Spano (before Showgirls) <3<3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #31
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softly View Post
Andrew McCarthy back in the 80's
I had the biggest crush on him because of films like St. Elmo's Fire & Mannequin. And, I also had a crush one of the other 'Brat Pack'--Judd Nelson (the "bad/naughty boy" in Breakfast Club). As far as dudes go, though, my uber crush has always been Steve Martin...the wit, the charm, oh my!

Other crushes include:
* my Sweetie, of course!!!
* intellectuals, artsy, & power-suit types
* my femme crushes on this site know who they are!
* Oh, and, Valerie Bertinelli, Angelina Joli, Silas Howard & Wanda Sykes are hawt in my book...

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #32
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygrrl View Post
Judd Nelson
oh gosh I forgot about him.
I'd tap it - twice

about a year ago I was at a gay club here in Philly and Jane Lynch was there promoting something...anyway I got a picture with her and when she put her arm around me I got tummy butterflies. she is way sexy!

Daddy rarely comes on here so I am posting hers:
Alicia Silverstone
Drew Barrymore
and some hot model from VS ads lol
(pretty good taste if I say so myself!)
Old 12-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #33
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Just so folks realize:

When a man (or anyone says) says, "I'd like to TAP that"... or "Hit it", they are primarily, no specifically talking sexually about fucking a woman (or man!) - and as in a damn good banging from behind, at that. That is it. Tapping or hitting that "ASS". Sexual object. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not that sex is wrong!

Have fun! I wouldn't want to have this as part of our history here worded like this, but it is freedom of speech! And when June asked for interpretation and the "spending the night" was acceptable as the "compromise in understanding" - just realize the replies will be come from various interpretations as well as the current social knowledge of what this means then - and for the readers of this site as well.

I am feeling offended by this thread start, but that is just me. It looks like some of you weren't sure what that "expression" actually referred to. Thus, I just wanted to share that in case it does in fact matter to you.

Thanks. (You should still have fun if this is your thing, though - really.)

WC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #34
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

To tap does seem to mean slap or fuck in the ass, or stick a penis in, at least according to the Urban Dictionary. From my perspective it sounds pretty derogatory towards women (actually probably towards anyone but seems to be primarily aimed at women- treating as a sexual object). It doesn't seem that is how people are using it here, but I don't think I am a big fan of the phrase.

I am not that interested in discussing crushes on heterosexual celebrities, but if others want to, no biggie to me. The Hollywood standard of beauty isn't really mine.

The threads I really can't stand are the What's the Least/Most Butch/Femme Thing You Do.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #35
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Default there are many definitions! xoxo

–verb (used with object)
14. to penetrate, open up, reach into, etc., for the purpose of using something or drawing something off; begin to use: to tap one's resources.

it's not always hittin' from behind.
just sayin'
The Following User Says Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #36
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #37
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Just so folks realize:

When a man (or anyone says) says, "I'd like to TAP that"... or "Hit it", they are primarily, no specifically talking sexually about fucking a woman (or man!) - and as in a damn good banging from behind, at that. That is it. Tapping or hitting that "ASS". Sexual object. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not that sex is wrong!

Have fun! I wouldn't want to have this as part of our history here worded like this, but it is freedom of speech! And when June asked for interpretation and the "spending the night" was acceptable as the "compromise in understanding" - just realize the replies will be come from various interpretations as well as the current social knowledge of what this means then - and for the readers of this site as well.

I am feeling offended by this thread start, but that is just me. It looks like some of you weren't sure what that "expression" actually referred to. Thus, I just wanted to share that in case it does in fact matter to you.

Thanks. (You should still have fun if this is your thing, though - really.)

WC
Thanks, WC, for your post. I knew that "tap" meant "sexual intercourse"; and, I appreciate your observations about the possible objectification that this thread may promote.

I wasn't offended by the thread because I have read the thread initiator's posts for about two years now and because this thread is in the "fluff" category. That being said, I know that not everyone will be reading this thread from the same standpoint. And, I also think that it's great to bring awareness to the political implications of phrases that are flippantly used.

Like Gemme, I don't really participate in sharing much information regarding my sexual inclinations; but, I wanted to contribute to this thread because I felt like I knew the good intentions behind its creation and because I think each poster can clarify his/her/hys/ze's appropriation of the term "tap". For instance, I chose the act of "crushing" (a playful affection and thinking someone's "cute" or "sexy"). And, perhaps, even a dialogue here--or elsewhere--about "tap" may prove beneficial (like the discussions on the slang use of "gay").

Just a few thoughts, here.

Respectfully,
daisy

--Leslie Feinberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #38
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softly View Post
–verb (used with object)
14. to penetrate, open up, reach into, etc., for the purpose of using something or drawing something off; begin to use: to tap one's resources.

it's not always hittin' from behind.
just sayin'
Exactly.

Slang Definition 1

Slang Definition 2

--Leslie Feinberg
Old 12-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #39
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I am not that interested in discussing crushes on heterosexual celebrities, but if others want to, no biggie to me. The Hollywood standard of beauty isn't really mine.
I think that is one of the reasons why the thread has coolness potential: to expand the normalized view of beauty/sexiness by recognizing the fabulosity of notables that may not appear on "People's 100 most gorgeous celebrities" (such as undervalued writers, musicians, ect.).

--Leslie Feinberg
Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #40
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Unhappy

I just sent an email to Linus. I asked him to close down this thread since I can't.

Never in a million years did I ever mean to be disrespectful towards anyone. It is just so not me. If anyone wants to place blame on anyone, blame me. Don't take it out on each other, please. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. It was just something silly to do. That was my intention.

Life is very different for me. I am retired, and home now. I spend more time online than ever before. It helps pass the time. Plus I get to talk to all of my friends.

I am just so very sorry this thread has taken this path. It was never ever meant too. My apologies to each and everyone who was offended and insulted. Please forgive me.

Namaste,
Andrew
Closed Thread