Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 02-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #21
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

I live on top of the San Andreas. Besides the usual 1.0 to 2.5s we have constantly, there has been lots of 2.5 to several 4.2s this past month. Some geologists say that this could mean the fault is just letting off tension and this will keep a big one from happening. Then there are the geologists who say it means pressure is building up. Such an inexact science, but so interesting when the ground isn't dropping out from under you.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #22
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
On good days, in love. On bad days--well, there are no bad days with hym...

CherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Well. I just called all my family and friends in Hawaii. They already sounded off the warnings, and are heading to higher grounds. The stores are crazy as everyone is getting the needed things to last at least a week. Most of Hawaii people are already prepared for Hurricanes and other natural disasters.
Lots of my friends work in the hotel industry, and they had to evacuate the lower floors, giving people a chance to head inland or move up to the higher floors. There bunkering down everything and preparing for the worse.
Please keep them all in your prayers. I wish I was home!
~~Giving a shout out from the "moderate zone" Of Oahu ~~

Like Blaze said, we are very prepared...including canned food for a month + bottled water that will tie us over for days and possibly weeks if we ration.

We may have to evacuate, but at this point, we are on alert.

Of course, I was not worried when the earthquake of 2006 hit until I was caught in a flashflood and my car almost floated away with me in it. I guess I should hold off any more comments until after 11:19 am. I have never lived through a tsunami, so what do I know.

Prepare, not panic ~CF + Blackboot
CherryFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #23
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I have a few friends, and 2 relatives stationed in Hawai'i, they all got in Touch, saying so far they're ok, and they're in Safe areas..
So far, even my boi in Wa. states hy's safe, so, that's one less worry, for now..
I'm hoping this goes by w/o any more disaster..
Unfortunately, the more I watch CNN, the more some reporters kick-start my temper...
Old 02-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #24
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My home, my roots, you can take the Islander out of the Islands but you can't take the Island out of the Islander...

The Military bases are moving all ships and subs out to sea, and they are prepared to activate any assistance needed on the Islands. That's why I always loved my State! And served my Country! God Bless Hawaii...
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #25
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

History of the Hawaiian Flag

Ka Hae Hawai`i - the Hawaiian Flag ( ratio 1 : 2) was commissioned by Kamehameha the Great in 1816 during the Hawaiian religious Kapu system.
The eight alternating white, red and blue strips represent the eight major islands of Hawai`i. The British Union Jack represents Hawai`i's historical relationship with Great Britain as it's protectorate as well as suggesting a stylized representation of a puela - a triangular standard laying across two crossed spears called an alia - which is the symbol of an ali`i - chief. This representation is clearly illustrated at the center of the royal Seal of Hawai`i.
Although Hawai`i's independence was temporarily challenged by Lord Paulette of Great Britain in 1843, Great Britain sent Admiral Thomas to officially restore and recognize Hawai`i's independence and Hawaiian Flag on July 31, 1843 at what is now called Thomas square in Honolulu, Hawai`i.
On that same day at Kawaiaha`o church Kamehameha III first proclaimed the motto, "Ua mau ke ea o ka `aina i ka pono." "The life [independence] of the land is perpetuated in righteousness." How England's colors got into our Hawaii State Flag? This goes back to the days following Captain Cook's discovery of the Hawaiian Islands. A British sea Captain by the name of Vancouver headed an expedition to the Islands 15 years after he had made the trip with Cook. Vancouver admired the Hawaiians and their ways, and in turn, the Hawaiians really respected Vancouver. Now Vancouver had become very good friends with Kamehameha I and one day, it occurred to Vancouver that the Islands would most assuredly benefit by being placed under the protection of Great Britain and hence, in 1794, with a wave of his sword and the hosting of his motherland's flag over Kamehameha's royal home, Hawaii was proclaimed a protectorate of England. Unfortunately, the British government did not concur with Captain Vancouver. So his action was never ratified and a real protectorate was never established.
Now England's colors continued to fly over the kingdom for many years, and that alone offered an implied protection. As a mater of fact, Kamehameha and his chiefs considered themselves "men of Britain" and as they conquered the remaining Islands to form the Kingdom of Hawaii, they did so under the colors of England.
Once the kingdom was formed though, it was decided that their own flag should represent the Hawaiian Islands. Captain Beckley, an Englishman who was married to a Hawaiian woman, was given the task to create this flag, and with the aid of some English bunting material, he created what would represent a compromise between his love for his mother county, growing U. S. influence, and his respect for the Hawaiian people.
So what he did was to retain the Union Jack but reduce it in size and put it in the upper left-hand corner. He then also made the flag red, white and blue to keep U. S. growing influence happy by showing Kamehameha's friendship to all and then put in eight strips to represent the eight major islands in Kamehameha's kingdom.
Well this is how Hawaii's Flag came to be.
The Hawaiian Flag has represented Hawai`i for over 180 years, and is presently authorized to represent the State of Hawai`i on land and sea and is the flag of the Nation of Hawaiian People - La Hae Hawai`i O Ka Lahui Hawai`i Nei!
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #26
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone having family/friends that could be in any danger with this. I, too, have been scrambling with the phone concerning some friends and these things are just scary! As with all of these kinds of events, I want to extend my thanks to our military, as worldwide, they are involved in helping out on so many fronts.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #27
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

CNN has really good live coverage of Oahu going on right now.

Prayers for all Hawaiians
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

However "morbid" it seems..
Yes, they do..I think they wanna be the first to capture the "anatomy" of a tsunami wave
Although, it's not really helping..
I'm kind of wishing I was there ~points to snow covered everything~

My prayers as well to all in Hawai'i..and Chile...
{I didn't know Molokai still had an active leper colony}
Old 02-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #29
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

CherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Post Well...

Well, if you would like a "personal update" from 'Ewa Beach--

1. Blackboot is taking a nap. (we have been up all night preparing)
2. KHNL (local TV news) is tracking the "energy circling the islands" --
3. NOAA may call off the warning in "An hour or two, depending on what Civil Defense says"
4. Local TV is pretty set on documenting the water leaving Hilo Bay and re-entering it... very hypnotic.

My other favorite quote is: "We dodged may have dodged a bullet-- but it is too soon to know."

1994 was the last tsunami warning. They are saying in our local news that every 7 years or so we get one...rather safe than sorry.

I spent a summer in Constitucion, Chile many years ago. (Very heartbreaking the international news...) I cannot imagine their reality today. So far today, we in Hawaii really have it easy compared to the people in Chile. I mean, the airport is still open! Ok, many streets are shut down, but I think it is safe to say we are in guarded optimism.

~CF
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #30
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
However "morbid" it seems..
Yes, they do..I think they wanna be the first to capture the "anatomy" of a tsunami wave
Although, it's not really helping..
I'm kind of wishing I was there ~points to snow covered everything~

My prayers as well to all in Hawai'i..and Chile...
{I didn't know Molokai still had an active leper colony}

You're right, this post is "morbid". You'd rather be in the path of a tsunami (which I believe, thankfully, the warning has been cancelled now) than surrounded by some snow in Ohio?

Rook, can I ask where you got your information about Molokai? As far as I know there are no 'active' colonies of people with Hansen's disease in Hawaii or the rest of the U.S. Even the low reported numbers of cases that do occur (here) are very treatable and curable.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but I think we need to be sensitive (and not sensationalize a place with a painful history) about a disease whose sufferers have been so highly stigmatized throughout history.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #31
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Before my post gets ripped apart any further...
I wasn't indulging in any type of Sensationalism, I was genuinely surprised Molokai still has a colony...

Where did I get my Info.?

I'll quote it
Quote:
Hawaii Gov. Linda Lingle declared a state of emergency. She said leprosy patients from the Kalaupapa settlement on Molokai have been moved to higher ground before the waves arrived.
My source was CNN at first, but apparently they remove Old news constantly {old as in news that is a few hours old}
But, here is a different Link to a similar article...
http://www.thestate.com/2010/02/27/1...tes-cross.html

As for my preference to being in the Path of a Tsunami....No....
Again...
I'll clarify...
Despite the Danger of a Tsunami , I wouldn't mind being in Hawai'i.... Sunny day, apparently partially Cloudy, Warm weather....
Oh, and a few friends & family, on High Grounds...Just in case.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #32
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
Before my post gets ripped apart any further...
I wasn't indulging in any type of Sensationalism, I was genuinely surprised Molokai still has a colony...

Where did I get my Info.?

I'll quote it

My source was CNN at first, but apparently they remove Old news constantly {old as in news that is a few hours old}
But, here is a different Link to a similar article...
http://www.thestate.com/2010/02/27/1...tes-cross.html

As for my preference to being in the Path of a Tsunami....No....
Again...
I'll clarify...
Despite the Danger of a Tsunami , I wouldn't mind being in Hawai'i.... Sunny day, apparently partially Cloudy, Warm weather....
Oh, and a few friends & family, on High Grounds...Just in case.

Hi Rook,

State Senator J. Kalani English, who represents Molokai, has proposed legislation that would transfer management of the Kalaupapa settlement from the state Dept. of Health to the Dept. of Hawaiian Homelands.
Currently, there are only 19 patients living in Kalaupapa, all over the age of 65. The majority of people who were going to be rescued and moved to higher ground were staff members/caretakers. Officials are trying to encourage more visitors interested in the historical, cultural and religious significance of Kalaupapa.

For the sake of brevity, I'll quote Wikipedia (which is always a favorite):

"Shortly before the end of mandatory isolation in 1969, the State Legislature considered closing the facility in its entirety. Intervention by interested persons such as entertainer Don Ho and TV newsman Don Picken resulted in allowing the residents to remain there for life. The opponents to closure pointed out that, although there were no active cases of leprosy in existence, many of the residents were physically scarred by the disease to an extent which would make their integration into mainstream society difficult if not impossible."

So, I don't call that an 'active leper colony' anymore than I call my questioning your information 'ripping your post apart'.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #33
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Talking Thank you

I used wanted to thank this thread (& this site) for supporting us. We are so tired from staying up and being alert-- it was glorious to pop in here and see you all.

Turned out, we are very prepared and we have enough food to last us into the summer. The crank radio works, the folding stove is in order, and we have a first aid kit to beat all.

Again, thank you for your support,

CF + Bb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #34
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Update on tsunami reaching Japan

Update on tsunami reaching Japan tonight
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_japan_tsunami
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #35
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quakes Ring of Fire

Quakes Ring of Fire

and latebreaking, quake hits Japan
http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15...video=18368447
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #36
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

Cherry Femme, I am really glad to hear that you and Blackboot are okay! And the same to you and your family, Blaze! I didn't know your brother was in Chile, and I'm happy that he's safe, and I hope he's in, or finds, a safe place to be.
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #37
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

cherry & blackboot...glad u are ok,,need anything just holler loves.

chile..prayers prayers prayers and money money money
here is a great website that will give everyone quality up to the second information on everywhere

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/dbc.nsf/doc100?OpenForm

very reliable as u will see.

God bless all, and may everyone be granted the strength, courage and dignity to rebuild in memory of those lost. They don't call earthquake victims heroes, nor the people who give aid,,but i believe in south america and haiti there are millions of unsung heroes and they are the residents who responded first to the sick, dying, injured, buried, and deceased....and those that have lost their lives simply by being there. May no one go unmentioned or forgotten, every life lost is a tragedy; every life saved simply luck.

Donations to Chile for direct assistance:
So far japan has pledged 3 million, no other country has pledged any $$ to date. i am quoting United Nations documentation found here http://ocha.unog.ch/fts/reports/dail...1003020216.pdf

Dean

Not to go off topic, but please check out these simple facts:
http://ocha.unog.ch/fts/pageloader.aspx
Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #38
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Chile Earthquake May Have Shortened Days on Earth

Wow.
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #39
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Glad everyone from the site is OK.

I have been to Chile several times and have friends I have not heard from in Santiago, Valparaiso and Vina del Mar.

I love Chile and my heart goes out to all those who continue to be without services, water and food.

I know many of the help teams are coming over the Andes from Argentina, which (except for Boots13 ) is a pretty scary trip as I recall.

I hope the temblores are over and that things can begin to heal.

I have heard criticism of the government for not asking for US help initially...my thought is that they were probably afraid US missionaries would be trying to steal their children too.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #40
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

What I find interesting is, Japan, was the first nation to give $$ to chile to help in recovery efforts. And Japan did this knowing a Tsunami was on its way...
I applaud Japan,,,the spirit of giving is very much in their heart.

Still waiting for the Us, EU, UK, Canada,,,to do something re Chile and funds...
so sad...USA is there to get the blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries so we can pay 2 dollars a pint for them all year round,,,and keep people in poverty with the terribly low prices....(think about it a pint of blueberries for 2 dollars, that have been picked, put in little plastic container and flown to the usa, then dropped off at a store..so i can buy them.....what are they paying the growers and pickers?)

with regard to hansens disease aka leprosy:

Cut off from the rest of the world by 1600-foot cliffs on one side and ocean on the other, Kalaupapa, Molokai, is a naturally beautiful prison. When Hansen's Disease, historically known as leprosy, struck Hawaii in the mid-1800s along with other trade-borne eastern diseases, the government of Hawaii followed what was then common practice: they formed an isolated quarantine and moved the affected population there....Now a US national park, the colony is home to a dwindling population of fewer than two dozen voluntary exiles, workers, and family members. The residents of the colonial Hawaiian homes and small church are outnumbered by those in the cemetery, where there are an estimated 2000 unmarked graves in addition to those with headstones. An organization dedicated to the lives and legacy of the Kalaupapa residents is hoping to establish a formal memorial listing the names of all who were exiles there.....

rook, I dont see a damn thing wrong with what u wrote, typed inferred or otherwise stated...
Not everyone on this planet is a medical expert and knows the newest terms for diseases...
Heartburn= acid reflux...... as an example.....leprosy = hansens disease...the term lerpsy has been used to refer to that disease since before the C.E. so lets give it a little tolerance if not everyone knows the term Hansens Disease!

Now back to Chile....

Chile needs some countries to step forward and start tossing some cash in the coffers.....to help them.
IRC, australia, Italy, and japan are the only ones to commit funds...as per United Nations daily report.

Individuals are urged to donate to INTERNATIONAL red Cross (emphasis on international) and the WFP.org u can designate funds to chile at both locations.

did u see the article comparing people in earthquake situations to peoples behavior on the titanic......now that should turn everyones stomach!

bless all

Last edited by Dean Thoreau; 03-02-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Dean Thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Thoreau For This Useful Post: