Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #61
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

this thread is so cool! anyway..over my life...(probably about a 20 year period of time), i would have dreams of witnessing a plane crash...and with in 24 hours, there really would be a major plane crash in somewhere in the US..

i always wanted to call someone to warn them...but WHO? i never knew which airline or where the plane was headed...just that a plane would crash...and i figured if i called 911 and reported that there was going to be a plane crash with in 24 hours..it probably wouldn't go well for ME...

i dreamed about a plane that crashed in a neighborhood somewhere in CA about 20-25 years ago...i dreamed about the plane that crashed into the patomic...and several others....

it was pretty much the same dream every time.. ...i'd see the plane coming down...but i'd never see it crash...it would always be in the distance... behind a hill or trees or something...and as i hurried to get to the crash sight...i would be angry/upset that i didn't have my camera with me...

the last crash dream...it was the same dream for me...see the crash in the distance..don't have my camera...yada...yada...yada... THIS time though i did something i'd never done before...i told someone that there was going to be a plane crash with in 24 hours...and told them about the dreams...(i'd never told anyone before and the people i told this time were my gramma, my mom and my aunt...all of us were at grammas)...

the crash i had dreamed about turned out to be flight 255 out of detroit...they crashed on I-94 during take off...there was one survivor...a little girl...i live in ann arbor, about 40 minutes to where the plane crashed...i've not had another dream since...and i gotta tell ya...i'm ok with that!..

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #62
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
ummm Is it weird that I can tell when someone is going to die? Usually a couple of days before, I just "know". And not just people that are at death's door. I've known for my aunt, my Dad, two dogs, one hamster, and 3 babies at the hospital.
I once had a dream about a little girl who died. She was blonde and wearing pink. About 2-3 months later, my (now ex) hubby's cousin died.

Although my age, she always spoke in a voice that sounded like a little girl. She was blonde and when they buried her, she was wearing pink pajamas.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #63
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

In 2006, I was still living in Northern Ireland. Construction of my new house had been delayed by a few months so, between homes, I had to rent an apartment for a short period.

I decided on an apartment in Belfast's city centre - for purely convenient reasons as it was close to my office. Apartment building, newly completed, was very dark and functional.

I buy memorabilia and one day I made a purchase at auction of a large 1950s / 1960s suitcase that belonged to famous sportsman who had died years previously. The suitcase was packed full of his personal papers (marriage certificate, legal agreements, hundreds of family photos, official documentation and so on).

I received the suitcase one evening and, after a quick scan and realising there were too many items in it to assess, decided to put it away safely until I had more time at the weekend.

The next evening I returned from work to find the suitcase in the middle of the main room, open and many papers scattered across the room. Nothing appeared missing and certainly nothing else in the apartment appeared to have been disturbed in anyway. Also, no signs whatsoever of a break-in.

I didn't have any other direct experiences in the apartment (stayed there maybe three to four months in total), although the apartment was incredibly dark, even in daylight and I sometimes thought I saw shadows. This was probably just lighting issues but added to my general sense of unease.

Tried to do some research and was told by some local historians that the apartment was on the site of a match factory that burnt down in the 1800s, killing numerous children who had been working there. Not categorically certain that was accurate nor, even if it was, that there was a connection between the two but added an interesting layer to it.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #64
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default Creepy thing that happened last night

So last night I woke up about 3AM, and padded around the house for a half hour. I get insomnia, but this wasn't too bad, just a little blip. I was asleep by 4.

Around 5AM, I woke up with the bedroom door cracked about 2 inches. I had left a hall light on, and the light beam was shining directly into my eyes, but didn't fall anywhere else because of the opening of the crack in the door and the placement of the hall light. It was like waking up to find myself in Edgar Allen Poe's Tell-Tale Heart. Ack.

I knew I had closed the bedroom door (I always do), and besides, I had fallen asleep with my face to the door, and there's no way I could have fallen to sleep with that direct beam in my eyes. I was a bit weirded out by this, but still groggy and didn't want to endanger the possibility of more sleep by getting up to turn of the hall light and close the door...so I rolled over instead, and was soon back to sleep.

Three hours later, I woke up. The door was closed.

Freaky.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #65
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
So last night I woke up about 3AM, and padded around the house for a half hour. I get insomnia, but this wasn't too bad, just a little blip. I was asleep by 4.

Around 5AM, I woke up with the bedroom door cracked about 2 inches. I had left a hall light on, and the light beam was shining directly into my eyes, but didn't fall anywhere else because of the opening of the crack in the door and the placement of the hall light. It was like waking up to find myself in Edgar Allen Poe's Tell-Tale Heart. Ack.

I knew I had closed the bedroom door (I always do), and besides, I had fallen asleep with my face to the door, and there's no way I could have fallen to sleep with that direct beam in my eyes. I was a bit weirded out by this, but still groggy and didn't want to endanger the possibility of more sleep by getting up to turn of the hall light and close the door...so I rolled over instead, and was soon back to sleep.

Three hours later, I woke up. The door was closed.

Freaky.
but was the light on or off? now i'm skeeeeered.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #66
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

This isn't really creepy, but it still gives me chills to think back on.

:::Buffalo, New York: sometime in the early 90's: I was 17 years old:::

My very first car was a beat to hell 1982 Nissan Sentra that I bought from a co-worker for $700. It looked like someone had opened-fire on the driver's side door, it had rust from front to back, and the engine looked like someone had thrown a lit match under the hood and walked away.

BUT!!! It ran!! The first winter I owned it I quickly realized that Bertha (the name I gave her) did NOT like the cold. The carburetor would freeze any time the temperature dipped under 30 degrees, and I'd have to drag a hair dryer out to the garage and warm it up before she'd start. The biggest problem was the door locks would freeze open and so once I got inside I would have to bungee-cord the drivers side door (across my lap) to the passenger door. I hope that makes sense! Otherwise the doors would be flying open at random.

Anywho, on this particular day I was driving to work on the 400 and I started to make a right onto a frontage road when I hit a patch of black ice. Bertha began making a fierce left turn while I pumped the brakes and took my hands off the wheel (all the things you're supposed to do). All of the sudden the bungee cord snaps and I am literally falling out of the drivers' side door. I remember feeling like I was on a roller coaster, my belly flopping around while the rest of my body felt weightless. Just as I see the road below me, I was flung back inside my car into an upright position with what felt like an arm pinning me to the seat as Bertha slowed to a halt in the middle of the road (facing the wrong way, but heck, I was alive and not in the ditch!)

I remember sitting there looking at cars whizzing by in front of me, and all of the sudden I had the urge to scream. At that moment something whispered in my ear, "ssshhhhhhhhhhh" and I immediately calmed down. AND, get this, when I started my car back up the doors closed and stayed closed. I never had to use a bungee cord again!

Something powerful saved my tush that day!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #67
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
This isn't really creepy, but it still gives me chills to think back on.

:::Buffalo, New York: sometime in the early 90's: I was 17 years old:::

My very first car was a beat to hell 1982 Nissan Sentra that I bought from a co-worker for $700. It looked like someone had opened-fire on the driver's side door, it had rust from front to back, and the engine looked like someone had thrown a lit match under the hood and walked away.

BUT!!! It ran!! The first winter I owned it I quickly realized that Bertha (the name I gave her) did NOT like the cold. The carburetor would freeze any time the temperature dipped under 30 degrees, and I'd have to drag a hair dryer out to the garage and warm it up before she'd start. The biggest problem was the door locks would freeze open and so once I got inside I would have to bungee-cord the drivers side door (across my lap) to the passenger door. I hope that makes sense! Otherwise the doors would be flying open at random.

Anywho, on this particular day I was driving to work on the 400 and I started to make a right onto a frontage road when I hit a patch of black ice. Bertha began making a fierce left turn while I pumped the brakes and took my hands off the wheel (all the things you're supposed to do). All of the sudden the bungee cord snaps and I am literally falling out of the drivers' side door. I remember feeling like I was on a roller coaster, my belly flopping around while the rest of my body felt weightless. Just as I see the road below me, I was flung back inside my car into an upright position with what felt like an arm pinning me to the seat as Bertha slowed to a halt in the middle of the road (facing the wrong way, but heck, I was alive and not in the ditch!)

I remember sitting there looking at cars whizzing by in front of me, and all of the sudden I had the urge to scream. At that moment something whispered in my ear, "ssshhhhhhhhhhh" and I immediately calmed down. AND, get this, when I started my car back up the doors closed and stayed closed. I never had to use a bungee cord again!

Something powerful saved my tush that day!
That's an awesome story!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #68
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Alright, yet another one

Here's yet another "creepy thing" that happened to me. This one really weirded me out.

A little over ten years ago, I had bought a theta wave meditation CD. I turned off the lights in my bedroom, lit a candle, and settled in to listen. I put headphones over my ears and laid down flat on my rug. I was listening for a bit, feeling relaxed and drifting away when I felt myself sink into a deep, dark place. Not an evil place I don't think but "other" somehow. I remember talking with people I just knew were no longer living.

Then I sunk even further down and it wasn't a safe place anymore. I realized I was very aware of my bedroom. I could see it but I couldn't get out of my meditation to "get back to it." I started panicking. I couldn't move my arms or legs and I couldn't even yell out. (Not that anyone would have heard me, I lived alone.)

I remember I started praying and after what seemed like eternity, I felt a strong presence lift me up and we rushed upward at an impossible speed. I popped back into my body with a jolt (or at least that's what it felt like) and was suddenly able to move again.

I guess it could have been sleep paralysis but it had never happened to me before or since. Needless to say, I never used that meditation CD again!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #69
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

My oldest brother passed away in May of 2010. When we were growing up he always messed with me. He couldn't walk by anyone without doing something to them. Either jabbing his finger into your side to make you jump, or flicking your ear or lifting up the back of the chair you were sitting on to make you feel like you were falling. He was forever pulling pranks on people too.
It was around his birthday so he was really on my mind all day. When I was cleaning the bathroom I was thinking I wonder what he is doing right now. I wonder what it is you do in heaven. How do you spend your time. Then I figured he was probably messing with someone , or ploting a prank to pull. Any way that night about a year ago, I was sitting here in my office on the computer and had been on the computer a few hours. Sitting quietly, when out of nowhere something shook my chair. It felt just like the way my brother used to lift up the back of the chair then set it down to make you feel like you were getting dumped out of it. It made me say out loud "What the hell was that"? Weird . I still have no idea what that was. Kinda cool in a way through.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #70
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
but was the light on or off? now i'm skeeeeered.
Oh, I forgot to mention the light- it was daytime when I got up! But yes...the light was still on.

Maybe the door wasn't all the way closed when I went to bed and the heat going on and off made it move? Or maybe i walk in my sleep? Or maybe I'm really in the Tell-Tale Heart...

Tonight I'm locking the bedroom door.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #71
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I moved into this house a fue years ago I founf pennys in every room.in the washer and dryer as well,the house was cleaned my a profesional cleaner so I know they didnt leave pennys every where.Even after a while liveing hear I would find them in places I know I nor my son would every put them,this morning about 2:00a.m. I was just geting tio the sleep stage I herd what sounded like someone tossing a coin onto something metal then it hiting the floor..my fur kids who wake up a anything never even moved a hair
I even shined the flash light around to see if anything had fallen but...nada nothing.I went back to sleep but when I got up I still didnt see a thing that could have made that sound.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #72
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I got caught up on the thread and some of the posts reminded me of things that have happened to me and/or my family....

Years ago...I believe I was pregnant for my youngest daughter.....

My mother had been having issues with her jeep. Her husband was mechanically inclined and fixed what he thought was wrong with it. Which was the battery as it kept draining. All was well with the car again and we took it to go shopping one night. We had Clarissa in the back, and my mother was driving. We got to the bottom of a big hill and went to take a left. We got halfway out on the country "highway" and the car stalled; completely dead. We knew that her side reflector on the driver side of the car was off since she had had a run in with a deer and the road has very few lights. And there's oddly no light there even though it's a corner....We sat there for panicked seconds/minutes. I was trying to decide if I should get the baby out of the car seat and we should get out of the car. We would surely be hit because people fly on that road....
My mother is trying everything to get the car started to no avail. And suddenly a car is speeding around the corner towards us on her side..and the baby's side....which lacks the reflector. I climbed in the back seat trying to get the baby out so we can get out of the car and suddenly the car just ROLLS backwards out of the road. It was a miracle and I have MANY MANY times stopped there since and stopped the car to see if it would roll...It's at the bottom of a hill and actually rolls DOWN....I can't explain it except that we had angels with us that day......
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #73
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
I got caught up on the thread and some of the posts reminded me of things that have happened to me and/or my family....

Years ago...I believe I was pregnant for my youngest daughter.....

My mother had been having issues with her jeep. Her husband was mechanically inclined and fixed what he thought was wrong with it. Which was the battery as it kept draining. All was well with the car again and we took it to go shopping one night. We had Clarissa in the back, and my mother was driving. We got to the bottom of a big hill and went to take a left. We got halfway out on the country "highway" and the car stalled; completely dead. We knew that her side reflector on the driver side of the car was off since she had had a run in with a deer and the road has very few lights. And there's oddly no light there even though it's a corner....We sat there for panicked seconds/minutes. I was trying to decide if I should get the baby out of the car seat and we should get out of the car. We would surely be hit because people fly on that road....
My mother is trying everything to get the car started to no avail. And suddenly a car is speeding around the corner towards us on her side..and the baby's side....which lacks the reflector. I climbed in the back seat trying to get the baby out so we can get out of the car and suddenly the car just ROLLS backwards out of the road. It was a miracle and I have MANY MANY times stopped there since and stopped the car to see if it would roll...It's at the bottom of a hill and actually rolls DOWN....I can't explain it except that we had angels with us that day......

I'm so thankful that yall had those angels with u
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #74
chakra

How Do You Identify?:
female

chakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputation

I was in a serious car accident this summer. The drunk driver who hit me died at the scene. I believe I was knocked out on impact, it's hard to know conscious details of the accident.

However, I do remember looking down at the truck that hit me. I remember the driver standing beside his truck looking at his hands and feeling his face and then a look of complete shock and sadness come over his face. I remember seeing hands growing around him. I don't even know how to explain it. The hands then grew a body. The body became an Elderly Lady. I *heard* "George it's time to go" George says "I didn't know" Elderly Lady "we did". They just dissolved.

I then slammed back down into my body. I vaguely remember being cut out of my vehicle. Consciousness came and went.

I found out after the accident his name was George. (You have to find out these things when you have to sue and such.)

I will never see anything the same again. Ever.

I was not really a believer in anything before my accident. That too, has really changed. Nothing has been the same since, absolutely nothing.
chakra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chakra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #75
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

The school from which I received my undergraduate degree is like some many that dot New England. Small, private, emphasis on liberal arts, ivy covered bricks and white columns. When I was there, it was already well over a century old.

My junior and senior years I was an R.A. The R.A. staff was required to be back on campus about a week before students returned from summer break, and it was our responsibility to renew first aid courses, do room inventories to ascertain that every room had the requisite furniture, etc. As you might imagine, as so often goes hand in hand with old places, there were stories about strange things happening on campus over the years. That first week of my senior year, I was going through the rooms on my hall, one by one, making sure there were beds, desks, bookcases. I think I had checked about half the rooms without incident. It was still daylight, the sun was shining brightly, but I confess it was a bit eerie simply because there were so few of us around at that time. I eventually made my way into one of the suites, a large living room with a bedroom on either side. The building, Academy Hall, had hardwood floors, pressed tin ceilings, great crown moldings. The windows were drafty in the winter and the old radiators clanged. I stepped into the first bedroom, saw that everything was in order, and stopped in the living room, using a bookcase as desk, to fill in my inventory sheet. My back was to the main door of the room and as I was writing I heard someone come in behind me. Not only did I hear the floor creak, but I heard the actual footfalls. I turned, fully expecting one of my fellow R.A.s to be standing there but no one was. Whoever, whatever had entered the room and stopped just behind me, but there was no one to be seen. I ran out so fast I didn't care if the other room even had a bed. The kid who would inhabit it could sleep in the closet as far as I was concerned!
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #76
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakra View Post
I was in a serious car accident this summer. The drunk driver who hit me died at the scene. I believe I was knocked out on impact, it's hard to know conscious details of the accident.

However, I do remember looking down at the truck that hit me. I remember the driver standing beside his truck looking at his hands and feeling his face and then a look of complete shock and sadness come over his face. I remember seeing hands growing around him. I don't even know how to explain it. The hands then grew a body. The body became an Elderly Lady. I *heard* "George it's time to go" George says "I didn't know" Elderly Lady "we did". They just dissolved.

I then slammed back down into my body. I vaguely remember being cut out of my vehicle. Consciousness came and went.

I found out after the accident his name was George. (You have to find out these things when you have to sue and such.)

I was not really a believer in anything before my accident. That too, has really changed. Nothing has been the same since, absolutely nothing.
Thank you so much for sharing this....it gives me hope for a hereafter....I'm so glad you weren't seriously injured....my personal thought is that driving under the influence is not only stupid but selfish...
the angels were with you too....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #77
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I had a kind of creepy thing happen not too long ago. I work from home and I was sitting at my desk. My dog, Murphy, was sitting in his favorite chair to the right of my desk. Anyway, I heard thump, thump, thump. I looked at him and he was dead asleep but wagging his tail like crazy. So I picked up my cell phone and started shooting some video. As I was watching the screen on my phone, I saw what you will see in this video. Now keep in mind, he was asleep this whole time. It first appears once I readjust the camera and at about 40 secs into it, you won't see it anymore. I did nothing to make this happen. I was actually sitting perfectly still because I wanted him not to wake up. Anyway, enjoy!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #78
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

My office is in a building that was built in 1893 as a hotel. At work yesterday, in addition to the usual footsteps, murmuring and the sounds of people on the stairs and doors opening/closing, I kept hearing a baby crying...I thought I was the only person in the entire building so I took a walk to check things out...turns out I was the only one there and the sound was coming from the bathroom next to my office.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #79
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakra View Post

Thanks for sharing this story. In my beliefs, someone comes from "the other side" to take you to the next. Whether that person goes to Heaven or Hell is up to that person's life. I have seen people cross over to both sides and it can be quite a dramatic sight for someone to pass. We also believe some people have the gift to be able to "see" these things and communicate to help people cross. Kind of like the show "Ghost Whisperer". My great aunt and I both have the gift. As I mentioned on another post, I was an invited guest on the Montel Williams show with psychic Sylvia Brown to talk about the gift of communicating with the dead and to answer questions from the audience. Ive learned we can learn alot from other people when they pass if you just "listen and believe".
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #80
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
I had a kind of creepy thing happen not too long ago. I work from home and I was sitting at my desk. My dog, Murphy, was sitting in his favorite chair to the right of my desk. Anyway, I heard thump, thump, thump. I looked at him and he was dead asleep but wagging his tail like crazy. So I picked up my cell phone and started shooting some video. As I was watching the screen on my phone, I saw what you will see in this video. Now keep in mind, he was asleep this whole time. It first appears once I readjust the camera and at about 40 secs into it, you won't see it anymore. I did nothing to make this happen. I was actually sitting perfectly still because I wanted him not to wake up. Anyway, enjoy!

I've watched the video four times now and either I'm blind or I'm blind. Please share the magic with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
creepy, odd, unexplained, weird