Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Lady GaGa was Robbed!

Last night, at the Grammys. She was robbed. I think she is one of the most original performers in decades and has the pipes, the REAL voice without all of the synth and reverb, to prove it.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I completely agree with you on this one! That damn Taylor Swift canNOT sing!! My ears were bleeding when she was singing her little montage of songs...poor Stevie Nicks...how could they do that to her?!

I love me some Lady Gaga!!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If You know me at all, You know I am NOT a Taylor Swift fan with her nasally, silly, teenie~bopper voice............when I heard her with Stevie Nicks, my jaw dropped. It was so God~awful.

That she won Album of the Year is a travesty.

Lady Gaga took me a while, I must say. But what I do when I see someone like that is close my eyes and listen. And her voice ~ as Medusa said ~ is REAL. And her clothing is just icing.

Here's the good thing....as a voice teacher.....that little, tiny~whiney, unsupported voice of Taylor's will fade soon ~ there is no support to it. Lady Gaga? She'll be with us for quite some time.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Jack has been trying to get me to like Taylor Swift for a while.
I have hated her pretty much since she first started making music. Her voice reminds me of scared little teen girls standing at microphones at school talent shoes. All warble, nasal, and closed mouthed.

Still, I GET why people like her. She has a sweetness about her, something untouched, and she plays guitar! I even like some of her songs but her live singing voice is fucking PAINFUL.
Its like she struggles to sing over the other guitars and drums around her.

When I saw Stevie Nicks singing backup with Taylor Swift, I viewed it as a sign of the Apocalypse. Ooooh, off to find the apocalypse thread.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Taylor Swift is starting to get on my nerves now.

First Beyonce and now Lady GaGa.

She better not walk down any dark alleys.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I agree. I love Gaga and I said to the boi (about Taylor's voice), wow she always sounds like a kid. Hys response is she is kid...the voice is weak but she had a hot guitar. LOL

Gaga and Elton John rocked!

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Lady GaGa on SNL a few months ago. She was pretty good!

I like singers who can sound just as good live as they do recorded. I recently saw Boys II Men performing on one of those reality tv shows and I was thinking the un-tapped talent was so much better than they were.

Taylor Swift needs to learn to sing properly (i.e. use her diaphragm muscles) so her pitch isn't flat. I'm surprised she got Album of the Year. I didn't watch much of the Grammy's (it's not my cuppa), but heard Stevie Nicks was playing back-up for Taylor. WTF!? That's just backwards if you ask me.

cara
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

The one thing I love about Lady Gaga is that she loves her gays and is not afraid to thank them for their support or to dedicate whatever award she is winning, to her gays!

I think Taylor is so popular because she is so clean and school girlish...and not in the catholic school girl britney kind of way! She really tries to stay grounded and real. For me, she is all too goody goody...I like a little edge, or at least a good beat to dance to!

All of the moms on my FB page (that I went to school with) were all bitching about Beyonce grabbing herself and how they love that cute little Taylor Swift....GAG! Give me Beyonce ANY day over Taylor! I like 'em a little dirty!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I actually find her "fresh~as~a~daisy-ness" refreshing.....she's not the worldly type.

It's about the singing. The Grammy's are for music....not for preciousness.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
Charming Texan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister

Charming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST Reputation

I think she won 2 awards last night, but I was hoping she would win one on air...

She won for best dance recording & best dance album or something or another.

It's the awards they pass out before the show begins.
Charming Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charming Texan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I was shocked to see Stevie Nicks singing backup for Taylor Swift. That to me is like oil and water being mixed. Swift still lives with her parents. Oy. A billionaire-ous (sp?) and living at home. It makes no sense. She has no responsibility.

I love Lady Gaga. I think her opening with Sir Elton John was awesome. That just was beyond fabulous. I really enjoy my Lady Gaga. She is truely a gem!

I also loved Pink's solo on the acrobat rope thingy. Stunning.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #12
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Where was Kanye lastnight?????

That is all...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #13
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

.... at a Beyonce support group.

(He still can't get over that ....)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #14
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

It's about the singing. The Grammy's are for music....not for preciousness.

Precisely.

I have nothing against Taylor Swift ... I mean, she has a good recording voice, and even reminds me of one of my nieces...

however ....

I didn't think she was better than Beyonce - and I certainly don't think she should have topped Lady Ga Ga.

The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #15
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,088 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE me some Lady GaGa! I love how theatrical she is. But, I must admit, my favorite is when she is just sitting at a piano singing. She has such power in her voice ~ Fuckin' fabulous!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4"]YouTube- [HD] Lady GaGa - Paparazzi Acoustic Version (Live @ 95.8 Capital FM Radio)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDdERGpCqsI"]YouTube- Lady Gaga Bad Romance Live on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (HD)[/ame]
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #16
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I saw Lady GaGa on SNL a few months ago. She was pretty good!

I like singers who can sound just as good live as they do recorded. I recently saw Boys II Men performing on one of those reality tv shows and I was thinking the un-tapped talent was so much better than they were.

Taylor Swift needs to learn to sing properly (i.e. use her diaphragm muscles) so her pitch isn't flat. I'm surprised she got Album of the Year. I didn't watch much of the Grammy's (it's not my cuppa), but heard Stevie Nicks was playing back-up for Taylor. WTF!? That's just backwards if you ask me.

cara
This is exactly what I have been talking about today with my colleagues. She has pitch issues, she is off key, she is often flat. I get that she can play guitar and has that American Girl, sweet innocence about her.

But she is not a "singer".

And Album of the Year? Beating out Beyonce and Dave Matthews? Ugh.

And the worst part...what was Stevie Nicks thinking? It was the most excruciating thing to watch Taylor sing so badly and then Stevie Nicks with a tamourine and back-up vocals. No one, except Stevie Nicks, should EVER sing Rhiannon. Ever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #17
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I admire that Taylor Swift writes her own songs and seems down to earth, gracious and mature for her age. Very nice. But she can't sing!!! She is young, blonde and thin.

Bring on Stevie Nicks (I've only had a mad crush on her for about 30 years and she is as hot as ever), Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Pink!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
.... at a Beyonce support group.

(He still can't get over that ....)
To bad he wasn't there to speak the truth...

Taylor over them really??

sheesh
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #19
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
To bad he wasn't there to speak the truth...

Taylor over them really??

sheesh
I guess I just think Taylor is "ai-ight".
I like Beyonce and Ga Ga better.
*shrug*
oh and Stevie Nicks. ... and Pink. And that's all.
.. oh and Heart, (old) Van Halen... I'm gonna zip it now

Old 02-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
Taylor Swift is starting to get on my nerves now.

First Beyonce and now Lady GaGa.

She better not walk down any dark alleys.
Alright, Kanye. Simmah down now. Simmmah down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I was shocked to see Stevie Nicks singing backup for Taylor Swift. That to me is like oil and water being mixed. Swift still lives with her parents. Oy. A billionaire-ous (sp?) and living at home. It makes no sense. She has no responsibility.

I love Lady Gaga. I think her opening with Sir Elton John was awesome. That just was beyond fabulous. I really enjoy my Lady Gaga. She is truely a gem!

I also loved Pink's solo on the acrobat rope thingy. Stunning.
Andrew, I respectfully disagree about Taylor living at home being an issue. I think it's great! Think of all the young girls who get a little bit of fame under their belt (Britney) and the unhealthy things that they do (Britney) because of it, like...oh, Britney? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I admire that Taylor Swift writes her own songs and seems down to earth, gracious and mature for her age. Very nice. But she can't sing!!! She is young, blonde and thin.

Bring on Stevie Nicks (I've only had a mad crush on her for about 30 years and she is as hot as ever), Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Pink!
I agree, Bully. Swift is a MUCH better songwriter than a performer.

I saw Lady Gaga on Oprah. I'd liked her music before that but I started to like HER, as a person, and I began to respect her performance art type quality more then. I still think she goes WAY over the edge some times, but I enjoy her much more now than before that show and I also think she was robbed.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote