Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Open and affirming churches/religions of all types

There have been a few threads posted recently dealing with one aspect or another of religion. I thought I would start a thread where those of us who are interested in attending church for whatever reason, can post a church that we find to be open to us as queer folk. It would help if the church has a written declaration that they are open and affirming to show that they are committed rather than just accidentally or intermittantly open.

Entries are not limited to christian churches - muslim, jewish, buddist, jain, pagan, wiccan, confucian, etc, etc, etc are welcome.

If we could keep the arguments out of the thread, I would really appreciate it. If you disagree about a particular church, fell free to tell us, but please tell us politely. This is an open an affirming thread. Let's affirm each other.

In the marriage equality thread Jess posted two equality resolutions that were just passed by United Church of Christ. I would NEVER have thought to attend a church with the work "Christ" in it because of my reaction to the "Christians" in the far right. However, the local MCC Church (which I was not attending) recently changed affiliations and joined UCC national. While local churches are allowed to have their own position on any particular principle, the national church is very OK with many issues close to my heart. Including you don't actually have to believe in god.

I started attending this church about two months ago and really like it. The pastor is trans - M2F. The congregation is pretty evenly split between men and women. The members are very friendly and I have already begun to make friends there. A large group goes out to lunch together after church almost every Sunday. We have a pot luck every month. The choir is pretty good.

Well that's enough on this particular church.

I hope you can tell us about others you have attended or know of.

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: