Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #4561
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Yesterday I walked 8K steps which I counted as one hour, and I also did 15 minutes on the stairmaster.

Yesterday it was parent teacher night for my school so I had a significant break in between the end of the school day and the evening meetings. Thus I walked to a different branch of my gym. The walk was pretty unpleasant weather-wise. It was humid and raining, but not raining hard, more like needles that make you squint. It was exciting to go to a branch of my gym I'd never been to before. All I had time for was 15 minutes, and it was a good workout. I felt like Superman. It was exciting to use that time for a new gym adventure. Why did I feel like Superman? Because of the aspect of changing clothes and putting on a different identity to do something special to me.

My walking today was 14,500K steps which I counted as 1 hr and 50 min. Today for the first time I walked home through Central Park from work instead of walking through where the cars go. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. I walked right at the perimeter of the park and did not get lost. Not only that, I found a very straightforward beautiful trail that included ducks, geese, lake, rocks, and even a waterfall. It was just a gorgeous and peaceful walk, and the weather was perfect fall-like weather. I did not even know this part of Central Park existed. I also had a red, white, and blue popsicle during the walk that I bought at one of the stands. It was a magnificent afternoon. And now I can always walk that trail home when time and weather permit. A world opened up for me!
Congratulations on exploring!

Trying new things to upend old routines can go either way but it sounds like you scored a double positive. I think your new route for walking through the park and being in a more natural environment sounds fantastic. Kudos to you for experimenting, I hope you continue that path and maybe even find some others to add to your repertoire.

So, for the last three days since my last check in I show Wednesday at 21,190 steps, Thursday at 9781, and today at 19,684. Wednesday and today were out at the beach and Thursday I had an appointment and errands so that was just walk around time.

One thing I should note is that those step counts are for the whole day not just my outdoor walk and do not include the end of the day after I post although granted I’m usually just sitting around reading or watching something. So 5k-ish for just puttering around the house.

I was asked if I could speed up my outdoor walk time to go faster than 25 minute miles. Of course! I could lengthen my stride, put a little more pep in my step, or just quit dawdling over every little shiny thing. I know I’m posting in the exercise thread but for right now my focus is actually on mental health and well-being over physical accomplishment. The most recent last few years have been pretty bumpy for me psychologically and I am working on putting myself back together. Right now my goal is 2 to 4 hours per day outdoors in a natural environment preferably while moving my body around.

I think I would like to up my game in the not too distant future towards more physically challenging activities. Sort of thinking about this winter and trying a little running on the beach. We’ll see, I’m taking it easy for the moment.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #4562
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

All movement, especially intentional, counts! Kelt, mental health is vitally important. Without that, even the best physical health won't save a soul. Good for you!

Today's a house day. I'll be cleaning on and off all day. I already started sorting through my craft papers. Now, that's a marathon so I break it up into manageable chunks of time throughout the week.

I've decided tomorrow is THE day. The day I finally get back into the gym. I'm so excited! I've actually missed it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #4563
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I walked to the gym and picked up my ipad to take home to recharge. Then I walked to a street fair. Then I went to the see the movie It / Chapter 2 and walked home after. In total, 13,500 steps. I use my iphone to count steps, so all my puttering around at home doesn't get counted but most all other times do.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #4564
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 6 long time now

It feels like a long time since I've shared with yous...no internet so have to use phone...it is a month and a half away...my NYC 2019 Marathon and my training has been going well, a bit intense but what else is new. 6 mi today with some hills thrown in...2mi of hills...my body is responding well to the cross training, meaning the bike, rowing, and precor...and of course to the LDR...long distance runs.

Since returning from the South I've missed the humidity...but will I give up the high desert plateau altitude? I think not. I love running under this big sky.

Anyway tomorrow no long run, want to paint all day without interruption.

But, Monday begins 40 reps with my weight training, always fun, bike 1.5 hrs and my 3mi.

By the way, consider yourself repped as when I attempt it on the phone it simply does not show up.

Keep on keepin' on, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #4565
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 67

So, I want to share this here, in this thread where we know the value of movement. I am presently 67 years old. Why is that important to say? Because I come from a generation that didn't think we'd make it past 30.

My generation saw the advent of GRIDS...which was changed to AIDS...most of our friends died. We, I also lived and survived Stonewall..lots to say about that but it's for another thread.

I lost my Beloved of twenty years some years back and I was left with a decision.
Continue to engage in what we loved, or just give up, give up all the beauty of our life together...no fu*king way!!!

She loved children, we loved children. One way to keep her legacy of love alive is for me to run for tfk, team for kids which gives kids in NYC a chance to run and have fun.

I am running the NYC Marathon this year and every year that G_d grants me life to pass on my Beloved's legacy and my own as well.

I love to run, my Beloved and I ran in many beautiful places together...and I continue to do so. I judge no one, people can move or not it is up to each of us alone to decide. But, I must tell you that my being a butch at 67 feels damn good...and I'll continue to run, bike, swim, walk and of course dance because it brings me joy, and because my Beloved wants me to be the best I can be, and I enjoy running for me period.

So, I may soon not be able to post any more, I am old school and do not use credit cards for the membership to this site, so I wanted to share these thoughts with you all.

I have visited this site since 2010...many years...it helped me deal with my deep grief and I have met lovely femmes and butches here, if only through posts and/or via phone. You have all supported me through a tough time in my life and I thank you all for all the words and sharings.

All the Best to All of you, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 11:11 PM   #4566
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
So, I want to share this here, in this thread where we know the value of movement. I am presently 67 years old. Why is that important to say? Because I come from a generation that didn't think we'd make it past 30.

My generation saw the advent of GRIDS...which was changed to AIDS...most of our friends died. We, I also lived and survived Stonewall..lots to say about that but it's for another thread.

I lost my Beloved of twenty years some years back and I was left with a decision.
Continue to engage in what we loved, or just give up, give up all the beauty of our life together...no fu*king way!!!

She loved children, we loved children. One way to keep her legacy of love alive is for me to run for tfk, team for kids which gives kids in NYC a chance to run and have fun.

I am running the NYC Marathon this year and every year that G_d grants me life to pass on my Beloved's legacy and my own as well.

I love to run, my Beloved and I ran in many beautiful places together...and I continue to do so. I judge no one, people can move or not it is up to each of us alone to decide. But, I must tell you that my being a butch at 67 feels damn good...and I'll continue to run, bike, swim, walk and of course dance because it brings me joy, and because my Beloved wants me to be the best I can be, and I enjoy running for me period.

So, I may soon not be able to post any more, I am old school and do not use credit cards for the membership to this site, so I wanted to share these thoughts with you all.

I have visited this site since 2010...many years...it helped me deal with my deep grief and I have met lovely femmes and butches here, if only through posts and/or via phone. You have all supported me through a tough time in my life and I thank you all for all the words and sharings.

All the Best to All of you, Greco
I didn't know we had to pay with a credit card or even pay at all to visit the planet, is this something that's already been decided or an idea that's just being batted around?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #4567
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I had a really nice 25 miles on the bike. It was 45 degrees when I left my house but 60 when I got home. I was glad I dressed in layers.
Wow, well done, dear!

I've managed to do a small amount of exercise - not enough, but some ever day for several days now, and I've been heartened by this SciShow video that explains that it's easier to regain fitness if you;ve been fit before, and why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ243W2gFNs

So from now on, I'm telling myself that this isn't going to be such a struggle as I fear, having been reasonably fit a couple of years ago, I CAN do it again, and more easily if I persist! I've tended to find the psychological side more of a problem than the physical side. So I'm aiming to get those endorphins going, the lift from those should get me the rest of the way.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #4568
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default n

No FireSignFemme, there are paid subscriptions, different levels that one can donate to this site. No worries.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I didn't know we had to pay with a credit card or even pay at all to visit the planet, is this something that's already been decided or an idea that's just being batted around?

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #4569
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I did it! I got up before the sun and made my way to the gym. I even remembered to get my clothes together the night before but forgot to check for bananas. I typically eat one right before I leave. No bananas!!! Well, damn. The next best thing was an apple and I had those. Loki followed me around as I ate it, talking to me because he didn't understand why I was up and why I wasn't feeding him. I explained to him that he would eat at the normal time when I got back but he didn't seem to get it. Eventually, he left me alone and wandered over to mess with Gracie.

So, I got going and got settled in at the gym then I pushed the wrong button! The end workout button is right below the TV channel button. Darnitall. Luckily, I was still very early into the workout. I got back into it and set up another program. This time, I opted for one of the recorded trail workouts so I could see pretty parks and hills while I sashayed on the elliptical. It wound up being really nice except for the poor birdie that flew into the glass towards the end of my workout.

Good news, the poor baby was really stunned but standing up and looking around when I left. I snapped a pic of him. He's so tiny and cute with a bright yellow breast.

Workout: 293 cal, 2.05 mi, 37 min

I feel less stiff now, even though I spent most of the morning cleaning house, so I'm happy about making myself do it. Even though I cut my sleep short in order to get in early, I feel good.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #4570
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I walked 11K which I counted as 1 hr and 20 minutes of walking. I'm still going by the theory that 5K steps is about 40 minutes of walking. I hope that's right.

I walked at the gym. I did a pattern of walking up a flight (six flights of stairs in the gym), then walking in the gym floor at the level, then walking up another flight and doing the same thing (etc. etc.) for all six flights. Then I'd walk down all six flights (without stopping to roam the gym floors), and then I'd do it all over again (the same pattern). It was too hot outside, so I found the cool environment of the gym a nice place to walk.

I ordered a fitbit inspire HR, as recommended to me by a colleague, so I'll see how I like that. It's always hard for me to get used to new things.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #4571
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I walked to the mail which is kinda far away and it was the first time I moved since Tuesday when I got sick. I felt it today too, that I haven't been moving.

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 09-15-2019 at 07:51 PM.
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 08:55 PM   #4572
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yay for Gemme getting back in it!

Both today and yesterday ended up just a few steps from each other at 19,800, 7.7 mi total until 7pm when my battery dies. It seems using a couple extra apps for a few hours drains it fairly quickly.

Turning in my 25 min miles it just dawned on me another thing that has a slowing effect is the fact that I’m barefoot for this. The surface changes quite a bit week to week. This week features about three miles of my walk has a wide band covered in baby muscle/snail-ish by the kagillion, it’s carpeted with them. I choose to think of it as a great foot massage rather than “death of a thousand tiny cuts”. There is also stretch of kelp bed that washed up a couple few days ago, should be gone soon though, it’s moving around every couple of tides. That said there are a few hardy souls running barefoot on the shells.

There was a family setting up a Christmas’s tree with all the trimmings in the sand.
I figured it out when a photographer showed up, they must be doing holiday cards. People are weird.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #4573
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I got some exercise above and beyond the ordinary in dealing with things that had to be left till the very last minute. Stuff like breaking down collapsibles, shelving and such, pushing very heavy pieces of furniture and other bulkier items around. Also lifting and stacking boxes that have already been packed to create pathways/make things easier on the movers, construction guys. I'm sore all over but not too stiff I don't think to muster up the courage, energy needed to work on it some more tomorrow.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2019, 03:54 AM   #4574
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Just back from the 1.6km round trip to the local shops to do food shopping, with a full 2-wheeled shopper to pull up a bit of an incline on the way back. Still going to try to do some time on the stepper later when I've cooled down and recovered.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #4575
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I'd like suggestions for a step counter app. Please and thank you.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #4576
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

6,500 steps which I count as 40 minutes

It was one of those days where I had to work non stop morning to night. My new workplace has 3 floors with stairs (a school), so that helps.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2019, 08:25 PM   #4577
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanks, Kelt!

It felt good to get back into it. Today was all work, though. Lots of cleaning and walking around and, at the end of the day, hauling heavy duty filled to the brim garbage bags across the lot and into the dumpster.

I got some kind of goo on me when one bag leaked.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 06:21 AM   #4578
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

3.2km today - had to go into the village twice. Story for another day, maybe. Exhausted, but OK. No further exercise planned today.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #4579
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Fall

The Fall is here...cool, cool run this morning 6mi.
After work...gym weights legs 40reps, bike 1hr.

As an aside I've been using a fitbit for HR (heart rate)
and really paying attention to how my body feels at
135 bpm, 145 bpm, and 155bpm as I'm not taking the
fitbit for the race next month. There was life before this
technology after all and I enjoy just running without it.

Anyway, I thought I'd come into 2019 for a bit...smiling.
So, tonight stretching.

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #4580
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Two short downtown walks and three times up and down three flights of stairs. Trying to incorporate more movement. I'd really like it if I commit again to doing my aerobics video on YouTube but I'm really struggling. Maybe this fall weather will bring some renewed vigor.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights