Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation
Default What does your username mean?

I'm always intrigued by usernames on forums and the stories behind them. So tell us about your username and why you chose it, what the meaning behind it is, etc.

I chose "Waldo" here as a nod to my evolution.

I travel a lot and regularly get emails and texts from friends asking "Where are you?" so with a nod to the Where's Waldo books I settled on Waldo.

Your turn.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I sing.

Therefore, I'm Diva.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
MizzSabra

How Do You Identify?:
N/a
Relationship Status:
N/A

MizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST Reputation

In my last relationship, my boi called me Miss Sabra. I wanted a new user name for another site and was trying to think of something catchy....

So I just altered the Miss to Mizz (cause Miss just doesn't suit me) and Sabra is actually my real name. It's so unusual that I thought I didn't need to have another name.

MizzSabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Waldo, I will think of you as DIAB for a while, I'm sure, but I love Waldo and the reason for it.

When I came up with evolveme, I was high into "conscious evolution," the theory that we are, for the most part, as physically evolved as we are going to get (a theory I no longer necessarily hold), being that more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth, and well, some other things I could bore you with, but won't. Anyway, this theory is that where the evolution for homo sapiens is now really taking place is the brain/mind.

And that if we want to harness our evolutionary potential, we will participate in it by becoming more and more aware, more conscious, so to speak. We will utilize more of our brain capacity and choose to be alive in it.

Anyway, I was on this big kick, right? I mean, like a HUGE kick. I was basically a Ken Wilber fanatic. I've since moved on a little. I hit an existential crisis, you might say, but anyway, "evolve me" is kind of a call, a request. It says, do something for my mind. Challenge me. Help me grow.

Give me something interesting to think about.

(I don't know how/why anyone ever confused it with my saying that I *am* evolved. That seems pretty fucking ridiculous to me, but folks sometimes have. I must be a big inflated meanie, I reckon. Grrr.)
Old 11-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I sing.

Therefore, I'm Diva.
Indeed you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSabra View Post
In my last relationship, my boi called me Miss Sabra. I wanted a new user name for another site and was trying to think of something catchy....

So I just altered the Miss to Mizz (cause Miss just doesn't suit me) and Sabra is actually my real name. It's so unusual that I thought I didn't need to have another name.

I must admit.... it is unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post
Waldo, I will think of you as DIAB for a while, I'm sure, but I love Waldo and the reason for it.

When I came up with evolveme, I was high into "conscious evolution," the theory that we are, for the most part, as physically evolved as we are going to get (a theory I no longer necessarily hold), being that more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth, and well, some other things I could bore you with, but won't. Anyway, this theory is that where the evolution for homo sapiens is now really taking place is the brain/mind.

And that if we want to harness our evolutionary potential, we will participate in it by becoming more and more aware, more conscious, so to speak. We will utilize more of our brain capacity and choose to be alive in it.

Anyway, I was on this big kick, right? I mean, like a HUGE kick. I was basically a Ken Wilber fanatic. I've since moved on a little. I hit an existential crisis, you might say, but anyway, "evolve me" is kind of a call, a request. It says, do something for my mind. Challenge me. Help me grow.

Give me something interesting to think about.

(I don't know how/why anyone ever confused it with my saying that I *am* evolved. That seems pretty fucking ridiculous to me, but folks sometimes have. I must be a big inflated meanie, I reckon. Grrr.)
I don't know that we'd ever talked about that before, but I absolutely got it. You love a good mind more than almost anyone else I know.

I was DIAB for over a decade. It's followed me from site to site to site. It's kind of sad to put it behind me, but I think it was time. Necessary in many ways and for many reasons.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I'm always intrigued by usernames on forums and the stories behind them. So tell us about your username and why you chose it, what the meaning behind it is, etc.

I chose "Waldo" here as a nod to my evolution.

I travel a lot and regularly get emails and texts from friends asking "Where are you?" so with a nod to the Where's Waldo books I settled on Waldo.

Your turn.

So my name is from Tolkien and is because I fell in with a bad crowd in high school.

Okay, so they weren't bad...they were just a bunch of Star Trek geeks gone down a hobbit trail. The guy I dated was called Strider. I'm dark haired and fair-skinned. Therefore I got tagged with Arwen.

So this is actually the name I go by and have in all aspects of my life except business for many years.

I can always tell when someone doesn't know me.

They call me Stephanie.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

P. to the S. You will always be either SquareDyke or my best Sushi date in my heart.

For those that weren't there, Waldo and I met at a Bash. I was sitting on a couch with others and Waldo waved at me. I did not have a CLUE because I am bad at face recognition.

So Waldo helpfully draws a "box" in the air and I say...loudly and in public, "SquareDyke?"

Yeah. It was a classic Arwen moment.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #8
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
P. to the S. You will always be either SquareDyke or my best Sushi date in my heart.

For those that weren't there, Waldo and I met at a Bash. I was sitting on a couch with others and Waldo waved at me. I did not have a CLUE because I am bad at face recognition.

So Waldo helpfully draws a "box" in the air and I say...loudly and in public, "SquareDyke?"

Yeah. It was a classic Arwen moment.
Shush. You keep telling that story about me waving and people will start thinking I'm friendly.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Shush. You keep telling that story about me waving and people will start thinking I'm friendly.

There was only one finger involved in the waving.

Is that better?
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

My name just means what it says, I am not an average guy, by any means!!!!

I try to keep it simple and simply stated!!!!
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Passionaria is Spanish for Passionflower~ Pashi
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #12
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation
Default My Username

When I was in my early 40's (hence, 41) I started visiting online websites and communities that required me to have a screen name or username. Since, at the time, I was working in the refining industry (hence, Oiler) I added a touch of my profession and my age together to get my username. Since the Oilers were still an NFL team in Houston then, most folks just thought I was a big fan of theirs. Not. So there you have it; nothing too spectacular, lol.

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
When I was in my early 40's (hence, 41) I started visiting online websites and communities that required me to have a screen name or username. Since, at the time, I was working in the refining industry (hence, Oiler) I added a touch of my profession and my age together to get my username. Since the Oilers were still an NFL team in Houston then, most folks just thought I was a big fan of theirs. Not. So there you have it; nothing too spectacular, lol.

Glynn
I'd have to reconsider how much I like you if you were an Oiler fan.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #14
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I'd have to reconsider how much I like you if you were an Oiler fan.
Nope,,I'm a Saints fan,,among a few other teams. I was a fan all the way back before the days of the unknown Saints fan, lol. Never did much care for the Oilers,,and I guess Houston didn't either since they left!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #15
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
Nope,,I'm a Saints fan,,among a few other teams. I was a fan all the way back before the days of the unknown Saints fan, lol. Never did much care for the Oilers,,and I guess Houston didn't either since they left!

Glynn
Bagheads to the end, baby! All though this year...may not need bags!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #16
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Mine is pretty easy to figure out. When I introduce myself to people and tell them my name is G, they always tilt their head to the side....I then say, "Just G....just the letter G."
So, here I am.

Now, you might wonder what the G stands for...well, it could be many things: gigalo, goofball, gentleman, geek...you fill in the blank!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:15 AM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
Mine is pretty easy to figure out. When I introduce myself to people and tell them my name is G, they always tilt their head to the side....I then say, "Just G....just the letter G."
So, here I am.

Now, you might wonder what the G stands for...well, it could be many things: gigalo, goofball, gentleman, geek...you fill in the blank!
*waves*

I know! I know!

But I'm not tellin', no matter how hard they squeeze me to find out.

My user name is a nickname of sorts for another user name I had for a few years. It was GemmeFemme. For most folks, it was easy to see the repetition and play on sound. For some, they insisted on calling me "Gimme" Femme. What's up with THAT?

I'm a Gemini and that's really the core of everything because it's the core of me. So, since this place is light and airy and uber casual, I decided to relax and just go with Gemme.

Those that love me a little more than others sometime call me Gemmie or Gemmilicious. It makes my heart when they do.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #18
Curley

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you lol

Curley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST Reputation

I actually have no idea why I changed my name from curley to twinkle toes
Oh I know, I had a menopausal brain thought, and thought it was a good idea at the time
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
Curley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 AM   #19
Petal Soft

Smile

Intersting stories, I hope I will have more post to read. I think usernames really conjur up thoughts and feelings about people before you even communictae..or is it just me??!

I chose mine cus I was feeling a little battered form life and didnt really feel very delicate at the time as I was having to dig deep for the guts to deal with some issues, my name gave me a little comfort, like coming back to myself if you like.

I have seen one that reads like aload of symbols....*%@?....etc....how on earth do you pronounce that??!!

~~~Petal~~~

Old 11-19-2009, 04:02 AM   #20
Angelika

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Not available

Angelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST Reputation

My username (here and everywhere else online for the last 2 years) sprang from the fact that I had to pick a username for a 3D environment called Second Life for professional reasons, so it had to be close enough to my own 'real first life' name. i.e. Angelika is my real name, sort of; its the longer/extended variation of my German first name.

Angelika
You are born with three things: intelligence, endurance and the opportunity to build integrity. You decide how much intelligence and endurance you are going to use. You build integrity every single day with the choices you make. | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AngelikaCourtois | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ACourtois |
Angelika is offline   Reply With Quote