Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > BFP Announcements

Old 04-17-2018, 06:23 AM   #21
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme

Thanked 1,119 Times in 342 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Homepage is looking very impressive ! I cannot imagine how much time and work goes into updates like this, or indeed running the site in general so a heartfelt thank you for the Planet and the attention to details in the updates. Its appreciated

Daisy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 07:20 AM   #22
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox)
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Freed
Relationship Status:
Wearing a halo held by horns.....this could be VERY interesting!!!

Thanked 27,172 Times in 6,724 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Whoooaaaa...VERY IMPRESSIVE!

When I opened BFP this morning, it really is bolder colors! Very nice work, Medusa!

The collage of BF photos are so very beautiful! Thanks for adding that great touch of archival herstory here Angie.....

I can not even imagine the HOURS & HOURS you have spent upgrading the artwork & pages here, so my hat is off to you, for sure! Your pride is evident in your utter commitment & devotion here.

My Planet is a wonderful site that I have enjoyed since May 2011..and I would be really lost without this planet & YOU! Gentle hugs & much love! Job well done...and the "construction zone" is worth it to have a beautiful home here.....
Old 04-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 92,112 Times in 21,741 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet as Cake View Post
Hi Angie !
I'm glad that you mentioned the "wonky" problem ! Everything was all of a sudden "shrunken" ��, and I thought the problem was my iPad !!!

Yes, the banner is AWESOME !!! Good job on that !

Thank you !!
hahaha

I have the opposite problem. Everything's huge and stretched out but I'm on a desktop.

As long as I don't have to do any of the tech stuff, I'm good with wandering the halls through the construction.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #24
Kätzchen
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 21,098 Times in 6,901 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhhh, hey hey, this place is looking really sharp!
I'm diggin' the tight layout and brand new LQQK!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #25
Toolio

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he or him
Relationship Status:
Single

Toolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for all your hard work and I cant believe its been tens years already. I am very greatful you gave us a place to come to where we all can relate to things.....

Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hey folks-

The Planet is coming up on 10 years old and I am going to be doing a little redecorating and adding a couple of new features.

DON'T PANIC! The changes will not affect the current features of the site like chat or the gallery, I am mainly going to be updating the look of the site, the logo and tagline, and doing some sprucing up to help us have a "fresher" vibe as we head into our 10th year.

I will also be rolling out a new "Member Spotlight" page where we will feature members every 3 months or so...and YES, I already have our first spotlight member picked out and they have agreed to tell us some fun things about themselves!

The Planet also has an Instagram page where I am posting vintage photos of Butches and Femmes, funny Butch-Femme-related memes, and throwback photos of magazines and lesbian pop culture!
Please visit our instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/butchfemmeplanet/

As always, thank each and every one of you for continuing to support the space by showing up and posting! We are literally the *only* active website on the net right now that has a forum, chat, and galleries specifically geared toward Butch, Femme, and Trans folks. YOU ALL are the folks who make this place possible.

On a personal note, it has been both one of the biggest learning experiences and the greatest joys of my life to have watched the Planet grow and thrive all these years. Being at the helm has given me a bird's eye view into how truly wonderful (and yes, sometimes asshattish) folks can be and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
I am still fully committed to keeping the doors open no matter what and look forward to laying down some new rugs and slapping some paint on these old walls.

Much love to you folks!!

Angie
Toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toolio For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #26
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Confirmed bachelor

Thanked 16,729 Times in 4,700 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

I love the new look!

Thank you for all your hard work.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #27
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 25,274 Times in 4,848 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

The home page banner is GORGEOUS!

candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #28
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Hanging out

Thanked 15,289 Times in 4,109 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

It looks marvelous
The colors pop

I couldn't remember my password and had to do a reset
At first I thought I was in the wrong place when I saw the color scheme change...phewwww

I am always in awe at what you have accomplished over the years
I may not always come around, but you are always in my heart

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #29
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 13,303 Times in 3,934 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Thank You , Medusa For the site and all your effort to make this a welcome place to visit on the net . The internet can be such a dark experience. ** snickering a lil bit ** lol BFP is warm and full of friends Thanks , to all of you as well ~
Old 04-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #30
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Extraordinaire
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su mujer
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,668 Times in 1,462 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I am totally digging on the new colors, the banner...it gives it a new feel...like when you open the windows in your home and a fresh breeze comes thru, makes everything feel so nice...Great job Medusa...it is looking really fresh!

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

...my favorite color is you...~AJR
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #31
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 4,681 Times in 910 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nice work!

The updates are wonderful! Love the photographs on the main page!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #32
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Loving with JD

Thanked 41,406 Times in 7,645 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I sure do appreciate the positive feedback, folks!

I was hoping folks would vibe on the new feel. I know the colors won't be for everyone (and as you can see, I've already changed from that brick red I had up the other day to this more "fuchsia" tone) but the goal is to go more modern, more marketable, and to create a more recognizable brand.

I've been working on our Instagram @butchfemmeplanet and we have picked up several new members from there so you folks keep your eyes out for newbies! Looking to get some new blood in here (with fava beans and a nice chianti!!! *phip phip hip*) and I've seen several younger folks coming over from Insta to read!

I'll continue to work on spacing, new features, etc. and will be putting up our main logo in the next several days.

I also have been talking to some folks behind the scenes and will be adding space for people to advertise their Etsy shops, their eBay stores, their tarot websites, etc. FOR FREE. (must be an established member with 6 months of membership)

We will also be putting our Amazon store back up that will have links to Butch, Femme, Trans, and Genderfucked books, movies, music, etc! We will get a tiny commission on every product sold through the links and all proceeds will go back into the site to support the hosting, backups, upgrades, etc.

There will be several other features coming and I hope you all love them. It's a work in progress but I feel like we are moving in a good direction.

As always, thank each and every one of you for showing up here every day and posting your asses off! You folks really are what this place is all about!!

xoxo,
Angie
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:12 PM   #33
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,217 Times in 5,625 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

All great stuff, Medusa. I am glad that you are infusing fresh air and energy into the site.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #34
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 22

Thanked 3,591 Times in 825 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Throwing in my 2 cents-- I love it!! The banner is the bomb!! Stunning, makes me smile every time I see it. Instagram page is quite nice as well.. Great work, excellent taste! Thank you!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #35
BullDog

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 20,968 Times in 4,028 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you Medusa, the site looks awesome! In particular, I love, love, love the banner. I'm so proud of our history and thankful and grateful for those who went before us, and now I can be reminded of that every time I visit the site. <3

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #36
girl_dee
Cajun baby

How Do You Identify?:
power submissive
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
♡ Mel’s full time femme very soon! ♡

Thanked 51,249 Times in 12,827 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Thank you Medusa, the site looks awesome! In particular, I love, love, love the banner. I'm so proud of our history and thankful and grateful for those who went before us, and now I can be reminded of that every time I visit the site. <3
You know it is a NICE reminder. The one jailed for *lesbian* is frightening but it brings a feeling of gratitude.

I like it.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #37
BullDog

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 20,968 Times in 4,028 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I agree, dee. Overall the banner feels like a wonderful celebration of our history, but the jail image also serves as a reminder to be grateful for what we have and for what others went through to make it possible for us. In my opinion, Medusa nailed it perfectly.

Can you imagine having to risk arrest just to gather with friends in public? I remember my first big Pride parade that I went to in San Fransisco in the 1980s and seeing the elders in the parade on cable cars. It was one of the most moving experiences of my life.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #38
Wiccanfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Wiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The new banner is incredible!

Wow what a nice surprise. I’ve been so busy with work that I haven’t had time to be on here lately. It was such a nice surprise to see the beautiful new banner that’s up. Thank you for putting the time and effort into sprucing everything up.
Wiccanfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wiccanfemme For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #39
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Loving with JD

Thanked 41,406 Times in 7,645 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hey Folks-

Just an update!

I've done some much-needed security updates and thankfully they don't seem to have caused any issues anywhere on the site.

I'll continue to streamline the look of the place and will get our "final" logo and banner up some time soon.
We are definitely seeing some new member signups (exciting!) and our Instagram has almost 450 followers!

I've hit up several members for projects but wanted to share with you some of the things on the menu that will be coming soon:

* A formal welcome-wagon committee with a page devoted to who they are and what they do

* A storefront with products related to the Butch/Femme dynamic, genderqueer, Trans folks, and LGBT history

* A monthly horoscope and tarot section written by members of this site

* A "Meet This Member" section with photos and a mini-interview of a featured member every quarter

* An "About the Admin" page

* A more streamlined Terms of Service section

* A classifieds section for vetted members to advertise their storefronts on Etsy, eBay, etc.

There are a couple of other projects that I will keep under my hat for right now and several more in the making but I wanted to let you folks know the direction we are moving over the next couple of months.

I hope you will find the new features helpful and fun!

I just paid the hosting bill for the next year and am SO excited to see new members arriving every day and old members finding their way back home! The survival of this site depends on your support and it is so important for folks to keep showing up.

Thank you all for your patience during our redecorating!

xoxo,
Angie
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: