Old 12-07-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default What do you dislike about your neighborhood, city, state?

We have a thread for what you love or like about your neighborhood city state Etc.

What do you not like, hate or would like to be different in your neighborhood, city, state?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

As for the neighborhood, we used to be a tight knit little neighborhood there was only five or six houses out here then. A few people have moved away and a few have died. I don't even know the names of the people who live in the two houses across the street or even what they look like. I wish the neighborhood was as friendly as it used to be. We looked out for each other's kids, had Christmas parties and cookouts during the summer, if a strange vehicle came up my driveway one of my neighbors would be calling to see if that vehicle was supposed to be over here. I miss that feeling of looking out for each other and the feeling of family

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

no gay community to speak of. i sure miss that.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,392 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Atlanta traffic. Shoot me now. Of course judging by the levels of road rage that last is a strong possibility.....

Katniss~~ I'd add corrupt city government but that seems to be a universal issue.
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Oregon is not really a blue state. My county was the stronghold for the democratic seat, but our state is basically an red state. The tiny pale blue dot of our state is dying and it scares me.

Closer to home, my neighborhood used to be the suburban neighborhood where nothing remotely bad ever happened. In the last nine years I have lived in my neighborhood, crime is at an all time high. Neighborhoods are divided, drastically. One block looks good, the next block is very scary. In our neighborhood, since last fall, there have been five killings, Latino and Black gangs dominate the more run down sectors of my area. You can't count on law enforcement to make any positive difference either. Imho, it seems rather hopeless.

Housing issues are at an all time crisis point. You either own (or are trying to own ) your own house and so-called property, or you're a renter and either market for home owners or renters is so bad that I have no idea if anything good will come of it at all.

Thirty, or even 40, years ago Portland was a small an small urban paradise, of sorts. It's not that way any more.

I had plans to move last year, but my life was drastically altered last fall. With any luck at all, I hope to move next year. Where, I'm not sure. Anywhere, but here where I currently have lived for the past nine years, will hopefully be better.

Eta: There are lots of good things about the metro area.....but, I'm at a point in my life where I think I need to put lots of thought into where I will move to next, because it most likely be the last time I move. I grew up in an rural lifestyle. I'd like to return to that, if possible.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #6
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

We haven't seen any other leather, let alone LGBTQ. Often get asked about the only womon who sprouts a moustache without waxing of shaving it off. Will most definitely be the first one to be genderqueer happy. lol
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 05:04 AM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

There's not much of a nightlife, but that is accessible if I'm willing to travel a little ways. It's very safe, but that's because it's very old and white. I feel like I'm the only one who isn't rolling in it sometimes. People are so interesting, acting a bit snooty, which is funny. This area used to be the 'wrong side of the tracks' but they act like it's all old money.

No one can drive for shit here.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #8
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes I dislike the fact that I live out in the middle of nowhere. However, it gives me so much peace and quiet that overall I still love it.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #9
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Neighborhood – Property management. People in the front office at the apartments where I live some of whom behave worse than than the criminals outside who use this property as a place to sell drugs, settle old scores, and think up new disputes.

City – 1-3 percenters who move here attracted by comparable salaries combined with a much lower cost of living who don't give back to the community. Those moving here with a desire to add to, contribute along with others already here, I'm all for that. But coming here to oppress, trample on, conquer and divide the common people

State – This is a fairly conservative state outside of, and away from the larger cities. I'd like to see a more even distribution/mix of Republicans, Liberals, Democrats, other party affiliation group members working together to try and create meaningful change for the greater good, benefit of all. In this state it just seems politics, it's all about finding a great big ugly stick to use to clobber the opposition. A race to see who can politically bash who to death the fastest. I really dislike that about our state.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #10
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

In my neighborhood, I dislike the snakes (copperheads & timber rattlers) as well as the chiggers.

It is snowing in my woods tonight! YAY!!! Young Jeffrey has never seen snow. He is mesmerized with it. Heh Heh! Puppyface wants to go back out but I told him he must thaw out first.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 07:08 PM   #11
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Neighborhood

I love this place!

I would agree with Dee that having a gay community would make it better.

Other than that I am super happy out here in the middle of nowhere.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Speaking of bugs (chiggers) I hate the stink bugs that have found their way here. The last few years garden has been taken over by them. Never had them much before a few yrs ago.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #13
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I like that my neighborhood is becoming more racially diverse.

I am happy/satisfied with my city.

I love the large amount of parkland my state has available for hiking and mountain biking.

I love that my favorite beach is less than two hours away.

Yep, happy here.

ETA: Duh, you said dislike. Sorry! I don't like the ever increasing traffic to the beach and I don't like that there is an increasing number of cis, straight people who come to "our beach".

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #14
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I can hear the freeway traffic at night.
It is soooooooo cold here.

But unlike most of you, I can pack up and move to another location as the mood strikes me.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #15
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

The crowds and the assholes that park on the opposite side of my street.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 09:25 PM   #16
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

It isn't close to anywhere! I have to drive 30 minutes to get to an interstate to go anywhere.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #17
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
It isn't close to anywhere! I have to drive 30 minutes to get to an interstate to go anywhere.
Dislike being able to nearly walk from one end to the other w/o breaking a sweat. Live kitty corner from the courthouse. Which is one of the few buildings open on Main street.

Also live more than an hour's distance from an interstate.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #18
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Houston traffic!!!!! Its horrendous.

Dislike seeing empty store fronts or abandoned houses that nothing gets done about.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:50 AM   #19
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Houston traffic!!!!! Its horrendous.

Dislike seeing empty store fronts or abandoned houses that nothing gets done about.
I hate Houston traffic too and I don't live there anymore but I have business there. Try Austin traffic it sucks too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 AM   #20
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I love this place!

I would agree with Dee that having a gay community would make it better.

Other than that I am super happy out here in the middle of nowhere.
Okay, I missed some things that I saw in other folks posts.

I hate chiggers!
I hate it that people hunt our deer out here.
I hate Austin traffic!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: