T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Diva - cause she gave me something to think about yesterday, and I have been thinking about it..... Perhaps there is still hope, just gotta shake the negative (store it away for reference), and get on with the good stuff

I'll work on that.... yes I will.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #102
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My Dad. I know he is on my mind (and was) because of the mid-term elections. Although I am down about what happened yesterday, there is this part of me that remembers my Dad was very much like the people in what is being called the Heart Land that have lost jobs in huge numbers and will never see them return. Steel industry kinds of jobs, skilled labor jobs, car manufacturing jobs. Jobs that are hard but did pay well for a long time in the US that have been lost because of cheaper production costs in other countries.

My Dad wasn't educated, immigrated here, and would do any kind of work he had to make a living. He also supported labor unions back in the day because he saw child labor and sweat shops first hand. My Mom, too.

He became a business owner later in life (garbage collection), and had a good head for it, but was the kind of person that ran it out of his front pocket like so many of that generation. And he kept his word which was given with a hand shake. Honor. He'd give anyone a chance with a job and he always said that you had to pay people good wages and benefits were not a burden for an employer, it was just the right thing to do.

There were huge numbers of voters yesterday in the Heart Land that voted Obama in 2008, but did not now. Made me mad, but I also get it. How many are unemployed now, lost homes, had their retirement taken away? How many can re-train? fear was a big part of yesterday's elections.

I think my Dad would have been scared, too. The business he left behind remains in my family (my son and nephews run it today, 3 generations) and although lay offs have been avoided, how long will that be true? These are real people with real families from administrative, college educated types of positions to unskilled labor. Truck drivers, computer techs and a programmer, garbage collectors, recycling/Green workers and advisors, office workers, bookkeepers, managers, and mechanics. Real people!

Since my dad lived during the Great Depression, I think he would have done everything (as is being done) to not lay people off. But, if things don’t change soon, who knows! It would have troubled him deeply to let people go.

People like him in business do exist and I am tired of them getting lumped into the same categories as the huge mega-billion dollar corporations. Small independent businesses are not the same.

Maybe it's better my dad isn't alive. Damn, I miss him! I miss his horse sense and his honestly and reliability. And his giving a damn about people. I miss his integrity about an honest days work for an honest wage and being responsible for his obligations.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #103
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Just waiting for Squeaks to get home. Been thinking about her allllllllllll day.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #104
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Who I used to be.

I need to find that person again.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #105
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

A beautiful soul, and the sweetness she possesses

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #106
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Have you checked in your mirror?
I believe Peter Pan found himself when he looked into the pond...
Perhaps more happy thoughts are in order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Who I used to be.

I need to find that person again.
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #107
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Grandma (dad's mom)...At least she Finally made a decision....guess it helps when your choices are dialysis or hospice...
Old 11-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #108
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

JoSchmooze cuz I know he made it back from the border ok....
Old 11-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #109
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

My nieces....
wish I could live closer to them
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #110
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

someone I have known for along time, and have missed deeply, and new friends I have met and i am enjoying life

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #111
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

The one girl who has held My heart since we began talking ~ four years later and though we've been through alot, she still has My heart

Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #112
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
The one girl who has held My heart since we began talking ~ four years later and though we've been through alot, she still has My heart
and you have mine, i just wish we would of realized it along time ago

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #113
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl View Post
and you have mine, i just wish we would of realized it along time ago

Things happen baby love, but we know it now and that to Me is all that matters

Old 11-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #114
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Things happen baby love, but we know it now and that to Me is all that matters
you better call me on saturday I want to hear your voice

Jim Rohn
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #115
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl
you better call me on saturday I want to hear your voice

I promised that I would, and I will

Old 11-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #116
Charming Texan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister

Charming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST Reputation

My friend Janet. I hope she does great at her competition this weekend....

Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #117
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Family and friends...peace, hope, light, and dreams!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:44 AM   #118
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

he is always on my mind...♥

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #119
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

My late sister, Jo. She understood me.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #120
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

My other best friend from PA and her big galoot of a doggy.... she has such a bubbly, fun spirit and we always have so much fun. We especially loved watching her galoot and my half pint wrestle and romp so hard that our laughter hurt our ribs. Her galoot nearly broke my glass dishware once by getting stuck under my dinner table. We had so much fun that night; my half pint even tried to hide his "gator" under my bed to keep the galoot from chomping on it. It was too funny to watch half pint "think about" how to hide that darn gator. Hearing my friend's belly laugh just washed away so much stress from that hard week.

I loved chatting with her today; she makes me smile and think of good times.

Wish I had a good picture of her galoot....this is as good as I can find...

Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: