Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default What did you watch on Netflix/Hulu/other streaming sites?

Spinning off from the thread in what movies have you seen...

What movies or shows have you streamed from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, any of the many Roku channels, or any site that you frequent online, that you really enjoyed and want to tell others about?

I often come across little gems - older movies, or things that came and went quickly from the theaters, or small budget Indy flicks, or classic old favorites that I've enjoyed rediscovering. If you find anything like that, tell us about it!

My latest find is Leading Ladie, which is on both Netflix and Amazin Primes. It has a soft-butch/femme romance, some amazing dance scenes featuring Benji Schwimmer from So You Think You Can Dance as a flamboyantly gay (duh!) ballroom/swing dancer, and the wickedly talented ballroom dancer and choreographer Melanie LaPatin channelling Bette Midler. It's campy instead of quality, but fun to watch.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread! I prefer to use my laptop for entertainment.

I will post as I come across good movies and hope others will.

*bump

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks!!

Also, post things that you saw on Netflix or other streaming site even if it was a very popular movie in its time and you're sure that most people have probably seen it or know about it, because some of us may not have seen it and might not know it's there! It's very hard to keep up with what they've added, and there's nothing more frustrating to find out that something great was on there but is now no longer offered.

Looking through Netflix for some things in my queue or that I've recently watched:
~ Lianna and Desert Hearts. For the younger folks here, you just have no idea how much these movies meant to us: Lesbians! In a movie! And a smoking hot love scene (or two? haven't watched in a while). If you haven't seen it, watch if only to think through what it meant to see something like this when there was still so little acceptance of being gay.
~ Long Life, Happiness, and Prosperity. Very sweet little movie about a young girl who wants to create magic to allow her mom to find love. Sandra Oh is the mom.
~ Billy Elliot. Great story about what it's like to be in a masculine-dominated society and not fit into the norms of what a boy should do.
~ Last Dance. Documentary on Maurice Sendak's work with the avant-garde dance company Pilobolus to tell a moving story based on some events from the Holocaust. Excellent.
~ George Carlin - several of his things on there. If you by chance have never really watched/listened to his stuff, make the time. He's brilliant.
~ Praying with Lior. A documentary on a boy who has Down's Syndrome, his delight in and commitment to his Jewish faith, intertwined with the story of his mom's battle with cancer. I may be prejudiced on this one because I knew many of the people in it, but it's still moving and interesting.
~ Been Rich All My Life. Documentary on a group of women who were showgirls in Harlem in the '30s, and their experiences during that time, and their journey towards reuniting on stage as elderly (but still awesome) performers.
~ Saint of 9/11. Documentary about Father Mychal Judge, who was an openly gay priest, chaplain to the NYC fire department, and killed on 9/11.
~ Bela Fleck: Throw Down Your Heart. Documentary on the amazing banjo player Bela Fleck and his travels to Africa to research the early origins of that instrument and play with a lot of local musicians. Fantastic for anyone who loves "world music."
~ Mayor Cupcake. Haven't seen it but had to list it because it's a small indy flick that's set where I live! I've heard it's a really cute movie.
~ Mao's Last Dancer. Based on a true story about a Chines ballet dancer who defects to the US. It's also an excellent history lesson on the Chinese cultural revolution.
~ Kite Runner. LOVED the book, haven't yet seen the movie.
~ Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Just watch it if you haven't already.
~ To Be or Not To Be. Very funny little-known Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft movie centered on the Nazi invasion of Poland (and it's the first film to ever acknowledge the Nazi's treatment of homosexuals)

OK, so WAY more than anyone is probably going to want to watch but if I've pointed you towards even one thing that you enjoyed that you might not have watched otherwise, then... well, that's what I'm hoping that one of you will do for me!

Has anyone else watched Hannah Free? I wanted so much to like it -- Come on, Sharon Gless as an older butch, and the story of her life and loves? But it was just so badly done...
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight, on Amazon Prime, I'm quite enjoying BBC's mini-series, Emma. I have to confess, that I wish that some of the fashions were acceptable today. I simply adore some of the period gowns.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Prisoners Of War on Hulu. It is an Israeli TV show. Homeland on Showtime is based on it. It is an incredible series if you enjoy drama.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

House of Cards on Netflix
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

*On The Doll....Hick...Valley Girl...Lust Caution...Dangerous Liasons (Eastern version)

*Modify (documentary)
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
Daktari

The Perks of being a Wallflower (film)...cried buckets

Community ...about a community college, it's staff and students. Really funny, especially if you've ever attended a community college.

Gone back to Ideal - originally a BBC3 show and has Johnny Vegas as a northern UK small time drug dealer. Increasingly surreal througout it's 7 series.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Amante

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Going steady

Amante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

Community ...about a community college, it's staff and students. Really funny, especially if you've ever attended a community college.
I'm at home sick today, and these two sound like great choices - thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Yeah I also cried when I watched it.

The husband and I watched, Silver Lining Playbook and The Master last weekend. We both didnt like Silver Lining Playbook. I dont get what all the fuss is about! And the husband found it really american. And I am with him on that! Loved The Master. Great film.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
Yeah I also cried when I watched it.

The husband and I watched, Silver Lining Playbook and The Master last weekend. We both didnt like Silver Lining Playbook. I dont get what all the fuss is about! And the husband found it really american. And I am with him on that! Loved The Master. Great film.
I thought Perks dealt with universal themes in a wonderfully sensitive way. A must for anyone who ever felt like an outsider. I'm recommending it highly to Ms.Sponsorliscious for her and the teensprogette.

Will look up The Master for later.

Watched Salmon fishing in Yemen with the Space Cadet last night. Lovely feel good movie.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

As per my son's recommendation (and insistence), I am now impatiently waiting for Netflix to show Arrested Development.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #13
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I watched part of the first episode of Return to Lonesome Dove...loved the original...gonna take some growing on me to like the second part.....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I'm marathon watching The Closer on Amazon Prime. I've waited a long time to watch it, after watching season 2, just so that I can watch one season right after another, right up to the end. I love that show!!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #15
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

We started watching Jericho and The Killing, both on Netflix. And I am watching the L word on my own on Netflix...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #16
Daktari

Hannibal series 1
I think the third episode is this week.

It tells the story of how Agent Will Graham and Hannibal Lector came to work together. It's sorta, like, almost a prequel to Silence of...

I saw the first two last week and can't wait to see how they develop the story.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #17
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished the first season of House of Cards. Love Kevin Spacey.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #18
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Madmen.. I'm totally hooked, I'm only on season 2

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #19
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I'm currently re-hooked on Twin Peaks...and killer Bob is still every bit as skeery to me as he was all those years ago....
Old 05-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Blue with Julia Stiles.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: