Old 03-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #181
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I have never worked in a place where I felt it was any business to anyone. I never denied it when asked, though. I think I'm pretty obvious in my manner of dress, walk and talk. I'm a person that separates my work life from home life. When at work, I leave my home life at the door, no matter what's going on and when home, it's the same way, work stays at work.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #182
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

I'm totally out everywhere. I think it's pretty obvious as a butch. I have short hair, wear men's clothing, etc. so it would be odd to me if someone didn't at least presume. In terms of discussing personal life at work, I don't much, but if the topic comes up I am not subtle. We (one of my direct reports) joke that the gay quota has already been met. One day, my boss commented on my being the "straight man" in regards to my sense of humor. He then apologized for the male reference, to which I responded "it is the word straight that I take issue with." Yep, I'm out and nobody seems to mind.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #183
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

in a way I totally envy butches for being obvious. Having to *out* yourself is not fun. Especially depending on the other people at the workplace,

My last job in NOLA it was totally cool. No biggie. The job before that I became the subject of daily comments and sexual harassment. The owner/boss was the worst, I wished I had come out right away on one hand, because time had gone by when they found out, on another I wish I had never come out, On the third hand i WANT to represent the community! i am tired of hiding!

Note: I do get the struggle of being visible and being discriminated against, I do not envy that.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #184
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out to my co-workers but even with that I think a lot of them just still think I'm straight. I'm not out to clients because there's no talking about my personal relationships/family with them regardless. But I do keep a very visible rainbow flag in my office which could be interpreted as one wants to- I like my GBLTQ clients, esp emergency walk-ins to know it's a safe space.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 01:22 AM   #185
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Oh i am out now and i do speak about my Big Butch Daddi at times....

The best part is one in my office then came out to me! So of a team of 5, 2 are queer, that i know of.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 02:45 AM   #186
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Both my Partner and I were very out at work (before becoming disabled). How can you hide it when your Partner brings you hot home cooked gourmet food each shift with treats like BBQ ribs or deviled eggs for your co-workers.

If that weren't enough, neither of us could pass for straight if we tried. We're definitely not lipstick lezzies or even gender neutral. lol

We both busted the closet door down, shredding the scraps!
Old 05-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #187
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

In my former years long career, almost everybody I worked with or served knew my specific orientation. Mostly because people would share some personal facet of their life, while performing an service, which would give me an oportunity to disclose my own life experience. Of course, coworkers or clients would always express surprise, to some degree, because on the surface, my physical appearance gives no clue that I am of any persuasion other than straight --- which has always been my experience, people assuming I am straight.

And, after leaving that particular safety of my years long profession as an hairdresser, stylist, colorist, etc., and merging my skills into a completely different work force, people would still most always learn in face to face encounters about my kind of orientation, due to people disclosing some form of work place harassment and needing to know how to handle it, who to report it to, stuff like that.

I think that's one of the particular un-asked for situations that presents certain challenges, which is not always the challenge for people who are easily read as being lesbian or dyke or some other form of obviousness (in my own opinion, my own experience in life). My own kind of orientation (bisexuality) is not easily understood, even by others who might be of similar persuasion. And, most often, it's awkward (for me) to always seemingly be in a position where it seems like I'm forced into doing someone's homework for them, which I don't relish at all.

Anyway, thankfully my employer does have an enforceable diversity policy and it's never become an issue for me at my workplace campus. Most anyone who knows me, knows me in personal ways. And for the most part, I'd say the workforce on my work campus is heavily represented on the LBGTQ side of life. Probably more so for L G and Q; with probably an smaller representation for those who are B and/or T.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #188
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

No, not at work, some of the people I work with are pretty right wing, but a few people at the University I'm attending suspect I'm gay...
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2017, 03:44 PM   #189
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

For me.. It feels like a million years ago that it was such a stressful big deal to come out at work. Now I just dont care what people think in that way. I work in a fairly small office, 1 other gay person- transgendered, and one cute curious girly girl.. who is straight, until she drinks.. The drivers I work with -a few know, usually brought up in conversation when they ask about my husband, (lol) others don't and thats fine, I wouldnt deny it to anyone who asked, I just dont feel the need to announce to everyone like a flashing neon sign. I also work in a very multiracial company, many different beliefs, but I am thankful that I get the same high level of respect that I give.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #190
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

When I start my new job on the 27th of this month I will definately be out!!!!! I already let the management know.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #191
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

When I was still working, it was simply an understood thing. I never said anything to folks about it, but never hid it anyway. She would come to the hospital about every night to have dinner with me at 0200-0400. If it was a particularly crazy night, She brought in a big bowl of Tuna Helper or such for the whole unit. If someone would have asked, I would have told them. It just never came up, but I wouldn't have hidden anything.

Being into leather is something I would not have denied either. In order to express empathy to a patient, I have come out to individual patients about both things when appropriate.

How's that saying in 12 step groups go? Basically, you're only as sick as your deepest secret.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 12:56 AM   #192
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I am out to a few select people at work. My company is very inclusive, and very open minded so it is not a fear of being treated properly. I just choose not to openly out myself in the work place to everyone.

We have quite a few people that are out though, extremely diverse, some people even openly announce their transition in a company wide e-mail, in which they receive praise from other employees for being brave.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #193
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

I have 2 Facebook accounts ...

Living in a very rural and red state: professional survival vs professional suicide.

One of us pays the bills.

ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #194
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post

Living in a very rural and red state: professional survival vs professional suicide.

ks-
agreed!........
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #195
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

I am out to coworkers that know me and probably to others that would pick up on it.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #196
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I've always kept my personal and professional lives very separate. I never discuss my home life or weekends or really anything not work related. Even so, I think it's common knowledge ... or perhaps common assumption... that whatever I am... I ain't straight!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 12:19 AM   #197
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post

ks-
Same with me I have 2 accounts one is for online and one is family and high school and neither of them say where I work, I tend to keep it that way, even though the company I work for is inclusive, I still don't want any issues.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: