Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #5061
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh no! One of those arm rolls got out of control, didn't it? I can see how that might happen.

Take care of yourself!

For myself, I have to say that I've been doing pretty well. Yesterday's figure came in at 10,231 and I'm very happy with that. That was a full day at work and one mile around the neighborhood in the rain last night, which I rather enjoyed.

It was only slightly drizzling when I went out so I took a jacket that's not rainproof but is woven enough that I would be dry as long as there wasn't a downpour. Cue harder rain about 1000 steps into my mile so I found a nice, long building that sheltered me from the brunt of the rain and wind and I walked back and forth along the length of it for the remainder of my mile. There were bollards at each end of the building so I made it a game and had to touch the bollard at each end before I could turn around.

I didn't get soaked at all even though the rain did pick up a substantial amount from when I started, so that was good. I am fully enjoying my quiet walks at night. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep enjoying them with winter coming but I'll do them as long as I can because I feel that it's more than just getting steps in now. It's a way to decompress, to work through personal and professional issues without someone looking at me funny for talking to myself and I can actually feel my body working to process dinner or whatever I ate beforehand. I can literally feel my stomach get more loose and not as full from start to finish. It's really kind of cool, imo.

Today's count will be far less, even if I take a nice long walk tonight since I'm off and not really planning on leaving home until my walk later. I got up late and am only doing two meals today so maybe that will help even things out a bit.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #5062
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This last week I have been out on the beach four times. Having great weather and surprisingly few people out. The landscape out there changes around every few days due to the very high tides and this next week will feature several days of King tides.

Tomorrow my county goes back into more serious shut downs for the virus, at least this time I don’t believe any beach or trail closures will be coming. The powers that be seem to have figured out that outdoor exposure to sunshine and exercise is good for people. (Was that ever actually a question?)

With things going so badly in so much of the rest of the country and winter closing in, I count my blessings every time I get out.

Gemme, I know exactly what you mean about walking and thinking. I have always thought of my walks as equal parts mental and physical health. There have been numerous studies that have concluded that repetitive physical motion that does not require too much concentration is very helpful for problem-solving and learning, I wholeheartedly agree. I’m glad you are finding this is the case for you too!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #5063
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Very much so, Kelt! And even though I don't think I actually get to the point of having endorphins released, I always feel better afterwards. Must be that fresh air that people talk about.

Last night was a nice walk despite it being a wee bit chilly. It was in the 30s. There was not one soul on my walking path so it was very peaceful and pleasant. Just me and the sounds of nature at night.

My step count for yesterday was 11,113. I knew the 11111 was coming up and thought it'd be fun if I stopped at that but I have short legs and they take more steps than the average bear so it was close but no cigar for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #5064
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

This week on exercise bike:

– 30.5 miles
– 2.38 hours
– 480 Arm rolls

Was an okay week for exercising. Met my minimum goal of riding daily for 20 minutes at any speed. I may up this goal to 25 minutes a day after I move. Maybe.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #5065
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I haven't been out for my walk yet but I've been up and at 'em all day, running errands and walking around stores. My steps aren't crazy high as I also did a lot of standing in line but I'm at a fairly respectable 7800ish now.

I think maybe I'll just do a mile tonight as it's another chilly night and I'm not feeling 100% right now. We'll see. I always let my body dictate the walk. I start out with a goal and when I meet that goal, my body tells me what to do next, be it hunker down and walk another mile or two or to head inside where it's toasty warm.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 10:06 AM   #5066
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a good workout this morning—the best I've had in days.

Rode the bike for 20 mins and 4.5 miles.

Took 4 tylenols this morning because I wanted a good workout and I woke up just bit stiff.

Did 100 arm rolls and could have done 110 but didn't want to push it since the tylenol was dulling some stiffness/pain.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:22 PM   #5067
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I wound up clocking in at 12,707 steps last night. Tonight, my walk was cut short by my procrastination and the weather. I knew rain was coming but got lazy with dinner and watching ANTM and only had half an hour to walk before the rain hit. I walked a little more until the rain became too heavy so my total thus far for tonight is 10,972 steps. I'm happy to say that I've officially discarded 20lbs of weight since I began this journey. It's taken about 10 weeks to get here.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:49 PM   #5068
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today was exciting, exercisers! Yesterday, I was texted by one of the managers of one of my old gyms. She offered me a free 10 day trial so I said yes. Today was the first time I've been in a gym this year. Crazy, huh?

I had a good workout too. Nothing too wild. 15 minutes on the elliptical. 15 minutes on the treadmill. About half an hour working the rebounder and doing some core work.

I saw a guy in a blue minivan having a conniption fit when I drove into the gym's parking lot. A full on, cussing and fuming, fit. He even spit on his own windshield. He was also still there when I came out, an hour and a half later. I gave him a wide berth.

I also had a bunch of short walks as I ran my errands and did some shopping. My step count is just under 13,000 right now. I'll probably get a bit more but only have 10m minutes until the end of the day so I probably won't hit that mark but I'm happy with where I am. It's been a good day!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:23 AM   #5069
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

– 30.5 miles
– 2.45 hours
– 720 Arm rolls

Was a good week for exercising. Shoulder is better and am doing more arm rolls. Still have a small ache in the shoulder but it's improving.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 10:41 PM   #5070
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Yesterday's step count was 11,833 and tonight I'm at 13,437 right now with less than half an hour to go before midnight so it's likely that that is what it'll be.

Walk started off in an interesting way tonight. The second I stepped outside, the smell of skunk hit me full force. Either the coyotes got Simon and he put up a helluva fight or there was a 'skunk off'. It took a while for it to dissipate and it covered 2-3 acres. Bleh.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #5071
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm taking a hike shortly with my daughter. It is cold and snowing a little and windy. But it is time to lay our dog to rest and put his ashes into his favorite waterfall. It's about a 3 mile round trip hike so I'll pack a flashlight in case we lose daylight. Bittersweet. He just loved hiking and swimming there so it feels like the place he should be. He will have a place on the riverbank at my home too.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 09:12 PM   #5072
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Yesterday's count was 15,579 steps and I'm at 11,922 so far today. I'll crack 12,000 before bed. Other than that, there's not much on the exercise front. I have through Sunday to go to a gym and then the state is shutting the gyms (and bars, etc) down for a "pause" with the hopes of curtailing another massive spike in COVID cases. As long as I can walk in my neighborhood, I'm good either way.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:52 PM   #5073
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I wound up snagging 12020 steps by the end of the day yesterday and am at 14,256 now. I might hit 14,500 before bed. Maybe.

I am really loving my walks. It was 30 degrees when I went out tonight and all was quiet except for the swish swish of the jacket hood on my head. Just two light jackets tonight but the gloves were on. It won't be long before the hat will come on too. Then the heavier jacket and the boots.

I'm simultaneously looking forward to and dreading it but for now, I'm having a good time and the bennies aren't bad either. I'm at a point in my current weight loss journey that I thought I wouldn't reach until the new year and all that walking has burned a ton of calories today in addition to the calories I burn just for existing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:47 AM   #5074
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Wound up with 11,775 steps last night. I could have walked longer but I wanted to get up early this morning and go to the gym, which I did.

I'm at 8701 steps already today and it's not even 10am! I spent 35 minutes on the elliptical and then a few minutes on the rebounder, which I love, and a few more on some core work and just the tiniest smidge more on legs. Then, when I got home, it was only sprinkling the ittiest bittiest bit so I walked for about a mile and then came in to feed the babies and get breakfast going.

I spoke to one of the trainers at the gym yesterday, confirming the changes they made for COVID, so I was confident coming in but the second I pulled up, what do I see through the window? A kid speed walking on the treadmill without a mask. Ugh! When I went in, I griped at him and said, "You know, we're supposed to wear masks." and he was nice about it and thanked me and then put it on. As time ticked away, his mask slid further and further down until it only covered his lips but I wasn't going to be a big ole nag and I wasn't facing him so I let it go.

Another gentleman joined me on the ellipticals, appropriately apart, and was fine. We said good morning to one another and were quite cordial during my time on the machine but as I was leaving the gym a while later, I looked over and his mask was around his chin. He wasn't there when I chastised the kid earlier but as soon as he saw me look over, he pulled his mask up. I must have had my RBF on this morning.

Sh*t like this is why we have to close our gyms for a couple weeks to keep people from spreading COVID. Also, the guy on the weights was not wiping it down after he moved from each station. I didn't bother with any of them because of that and wound up going into the studio to putter around.

Despite all of that, I feel really good about my workout today! I got a ton done already and it's early in the day. I still have to shower, do chores and cook so there's lots to get done. I better get back to it!

Happy Turkey/Tofurkey Day!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #5075
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't posted much lately because I've not been doing much due to not feeling too well, but I have felt better the past few days. Yesterday I made it up and down the stairs twice without feeling dizzy or like I was going to pass out and without having to sit on a middle step to catch my breath! The top step was a doozy though. I just keep doing my PT exercises. The PT company is supposed to hook me up next week, and I hope I can get the same therapist I had before. He's a great guy.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2020, 07:35 AM   #5076
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good for you, Georgia! I'm not sure I'd be up and at 'em so quickly after surgery. One day at a time and one step at a time.

Today, I get in to the gym before anyone else and it's amazing. I love having the place to myself and watching the sunrise but then a couple comes in when I was almost done and the wife has a disposable mask around her chin. Right from the gate! Rude.

So, I finished at the elliptical and went back to where they have the rebounder (I love that thing!) and she was nearby so I said something. I wasn't too bitchy or hateful; just reminded her we're supposed to wear the mask the whole time we're inside the building. She didn't acknowledge me at all but did slide the mask up.

Of course, two minutes later, she pulled it down again. I got frustrated and finished what I was doing and remarked to her that maybe she would take it seriously if someone she loved died and left. I also called the gym and left a message for the staff that if it's possible to lodge a formal complaint against someone I didn't know, I wanted to do it. They have cameras and I know when they came in so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who they are. The disregard for other people is so frustrating and disheartening.

My stats for today are: 358 calories burned (give or take) and 2.93 miles traveled for 45 minutes with an average pace of 15.21. I was at the 5000+ mark for steps when I got home but was so riled up by gym lady that I opted to walk some more so I'm resting comfortably at 8673 steps so far today, with the bulk of the day to go still. It's going to be a very nice number by day's end, which is good because I was a loaf yesterday and only got 5219 steps in the whole day. My step goals are at least 10,000 for the whole day, which is usually manageable except when I faceplant myself into Netflix and don't come up for air except for meals, which I may or may not have done yesterday.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:43 AM   #5077
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

GM, for me there's almost nothing worse than feeling dizzy. Its a problem I had since I was a child till I started taking blood pressure medicine. I hope you're not going too fast, too, but I'm happy for your progress.

Good on you, Gemme, for reporting the violator. Hopefully she'll get the message if enough people remind her of the consequences ... and congrats on the steps, especially those taken in frustration.

This was an okay week for cycling. Most days were nice and easy with a couple strenuous days in between. A good week is when I have more strenuous days than easy-peasy days. At least that's my standard this week.

– 31.4 miles
– 2.4 hours
– 710 Arm rolls

Still have a small pain in the shoulder but it's improving slowly. Hoping I feel no pain in the shoulder by the end of the year. We'll see.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #5078
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Take two!

So, this afternoon, the owner of the gym called me and we chatted for a while. I like her and we have a lot in common so it was a pleasant talk. She's going to call the woman, who is the GF of the man she came in with, but said that she's been warned before.

Apparently, some of the other franchises aren't requiring masks, which is breaking a state mandate, and the users are getting away with murder. Maybe literally.

Our official "pause" begins in a few minutes and carries through 2 full weeks in an effort to curb testing spikes after Thanksgiving and to reduce the likelihood of another shut down.

Given that it's going to be two weeks until I can get into the gym again (unless I pay a month's fee for one 30 minute training session, which is allowed as long as it's one on one and the gym is cleaned before and after each person...and mama ain't gonna do that), I opted to have a second workout tonight. I went around 9pm and did the same amount of time as I did this morning on the elliptical. No rebounder this time. I was alone for the first half of the workout but then a few people came in so I just left after it was done.

A long time ago, I read that exercisers perform better in the evenings than in the mornings. I've never liked working out at night and kind of poo poo'ed that study but sure enough....my two workouts today prove it to be right.

Tonight's workout: 384 calories burned, 3.13 miles, 45 minutes and an average pace of 14.22. All of this even with a less satisfying and enjoyable music experience. They must change the style of music according to when it is during the day because this morning was hyped up club and dance music and this evening was Top 40 kind of stuff that I wasn't jamming to at all.

Weird.

Anyway, it could be that I had more sustenance in me at day's end. In the morning, I just had a banana with a schmear of reduced fat peanut butter. I'm going to go with that theory for now.

All in all, my pedometer says I went 23,531 steps today minus my shower time, when I don't wear the pedometer, and any side or backward movements, which are not logged. According to the pedometer, I have gone 7.42 miles today and have burned approximately 1494.1 calories in addition to those that are automatically burned for just existing. I'm happy with this. I think this is my largest number of steps to date. The follow up was election night. I think I got 22,000 and change. I'll have to double check to see but I'm not walking in the next 5 minutes so my figure for today stands.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #5079
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

– 35.2 miles
– 2.51 hours
– 510 Arm rolls

Shoulder is acting up again. I think it's inflamed from the gluten and sugar I ate on Thankgiving. That's alright. I'll get those numbers up when the shoulder is better.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #5080
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've been doing well lately. I'm officially down 27lbs. I thoroughly enjoy my evening walks and went out tonight, even with the wind and snow storm. It was starting to peter out anyway.

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
exercise, weights