Notices

Old 08-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #29281
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default 20 minute dinner (so easy and delicious)

Is there such a thing as Spicy ChiKn-Cordon-Caesar?
That's what I'm having tonight.

I use one slice of Garlic Nan bread; I cut in half, then I set it aside.

Then I take two Spicy Quorn ChiKn patties and simmer them in EVOO or Coconut oil in my new non-stick, non-plastic resin, frying pan for about 15 minute (med-high heat).

Once I flip the chik-N patties over, I lay down both halves of the Garlic Nan bread, top both pieces with Field Roast Chao Cheese, then put the chik-N patties on top, then turn off the burner and slip the lid back on the pan.

I let it sit in the pan for about 5 minutes, so the Garlic Nan becomes warm and soaks up the evoo/coconut oil and to let the cheese melt.

Once it's ready to serve, I take a leaf of romaine lettuce and tear it up, put it on top, then use my favorite vegan Caesar dressing on top of the whole thing.

For those who like the powdered spice of Curry, I usually sprinkle a touch of it on top, as well as crack a few peppercorns too.

*Delish!*

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #29282
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I made meatballs, so today I had left overs.
Last night was with a creamy mushroom sauce with big chunky sliced mushrooms. I had 3 of the biggest mushrooms ever!

Tonight's version had some spicey Asian wing sauce on them. And a bowl of chopped fresh veggies. You know the kind, a little of this and a little of that oh, and as a special treat, half of an avocado. 🥑

Icy cold lemon water 🍋🍋🍋

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 07:37 PM   #29283
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,122 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

- Udon noodles with sesame sauce and peanuts and green onions
- applesauce

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #29284
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Fried chicken fingers
Cole slaw
Diet Vernors
Old 08-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #29285
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

First I had some celery with tofu salad (tofu salad sold in store).

Then I took a box of MacDougall brand low sodium French lentil soup and cooked it in a pan with a bottle of water and a bag of frozen kale. Unfortunately it turned out horrendous. The water watered it down too much, and I think I don't like the soup brand, because I literally could not eat this concoction. That's rare for me, because even if I don't like something I will usually eat it anyway- but this was just too unpleasant.

I instead had a bowl of frozen / microwaved black bean soup with chopped onion, cilantro, and sour cream.

Then I had a vegan vanilla Rawmantic bar.

Honestly I felt a bit sick to my stomach after the whole meal. So I had some chamomile tea .

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 08-19-2019 at 07:43 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 08:17 PM   #29286
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
First I had some celery with tofu salad (tofu salad sold in store).

Then I took a box of MacDougall brand low sodium French lentil soup and cooked it in a pan with a bottle of water and a bag of frozen kale. Unfortunately it turned out horrendous. The water watered it down too much, and I think I don't like the soup brand, because I literally could not eat this concoction. That's rare for me, because even if I don't like something I will usually eat it anyway- but this was just too unpleasant.

I instead had a bowl of frozen / microwaved black bean soup with chopped onion, cilantro, and sour cream.

Then I had a vegan vanilla Rawmantic bar.

Honestly I felt a bit sick to my stomach after the whole meal. So I had some chamomile tea .
I read RomanticBar😍

Giggles

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 03:48 AM   #29287
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm not a huge enchilada person but this recipe sounds pretty darn good.

I'm not sure what dinner will consist of for me. I'm eating out of the freezer and fridge so there will probably be fresh fruit and maybe a Sweet Earth frozen meal. They are actually pretty good and contain several super foods in each meal. The other option is a sandwich. I could do ham and Swiss. I dunno. I'm still kind of full from brunch so dinner's not a big concern for me now.

Tomorrow night, I'll have rice with peppers and onions and a veggie sausage though. It's going to be sooo pretty as I got the striped peppers. I'm just too lazy to do that tonight.

I don't know what you ended up doing but I was voting for ham and swiss with fruit.

*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*

As for me I had leftover enchiladas. And they were still yummy.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 03:50 AM   #29288
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
School is back in session. One of the boys requested garlic roasted lemon chicken. I made that today with rice and sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese.
This sounds yummy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 04:28 AM   #29289
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Cottage pie, from the old Moosewood cookbook. It's a pie filled with fine chopped veggies tossed with egg and cottage cheese and topped with sour cream and dill. Bakes up nice and it's super comfort food. Perfect for my daughter coming home today from being gone all summer
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 04:54 AM   #29290
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Cottage pie, from the old Moosewood cookbook. It's a pie filled with fine chopped veggies tossed with egg and cottage cheese and topped with sour cream and dill. Bakes up nice and it's super comfort food. Perfect for my daughter coming home today from being gone all summer
It's barely 7 a.m. and I totally want to make this... I have a moosewood cookbook somewhere I'm going to see if it has this recipe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 05:33 AM   #29291
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
It's barely 7 a.m. and I totally want to make this... I have a moosewood cookbook somewhere I'm going to see if it has this recipe.
Correction, it's called Country Pie- I just always call it cottage because of the cheese. If it's not in your cookbook, it's online too if you google. But I'm not going to post a link because I personally feel like looking for just the right thing in a cookbook is super fun
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 05:10 PM   #29292
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,122 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

- slaw dogs
- applesauce

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #29293
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Steak tacos I newly discovered using a cast iron skillet for cooking steaks.... OMG... delicious!!!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #29294
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,458 Times in 2,630 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dinner

fresh fried codfish, steamed rice , asparagus tips. Iced tea .
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #29295
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Something borrowed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I marinaded boneless pork chops in pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic powder and pepper. I grilled them along with sliced pineapple. Rice was the side. Pretty good if I say so myself.
Wrangler:

I subbed a few items/steps-

I had a wa-hoo special pork loin roast that I marinated in orange juice with your other ingredients for 18 hrs (ziplocked).

Baked in 1/2 the marinate for 2 hrs-I did baste with the drippings while in the oven.

With a side of Mandarin-Orange Salad-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #29296
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Dinner tonight was not great but it was passable.

I used two woks and, with no oil, I stir-fried bell peppers, onions, and carrots in one, and then in the other I stir-fried tofu and cabbage. Then I put them together and added .25 of a cup of Gochuchang sauce (bibimbap / Korean style sauce).

It seemed to really help to press the tofu of all water before cooking, as recommended in this thread. And it was so easy to do.

The bell peppers were watery and over-powering, I think. Not sure the carrots worked that well either. It might be cool to do all cabbage and tofu. And maybe cook onions separately in EVOO and add them.

Cooking the veggies separately and without oil seemed helpful. They browned nicely. Skipping the riced cauliflower seemed good as well.

Afterward I had a Rawmantic vegan vanilla bar.

All in all, even though the stir-fry was meh, it was edible and healthy and filling, so I'm pleased enough.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #29297
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dessert for Supper

It is very humid and terribly sultry tonight. I just got home after spending 3 long hours in traffic, lol. I'm not too hungry, but I am sipping on room temperature water, guzzling a Dr. Stevia, and will promptly eat some vegan coconut non-dairy ice cream (the whole pint) which is more like a solid type custard type confection, in the flavor of salted caramel.

I had a big Asian sesame salad for a late lunch, with sesame salad dressing, so I feel like I had something reasonably healthy.

Heck, the Dr. Stevia is fairly healthy since is doesn't impact A1c/blood sugar issues. The Salted Caramel non-dairy ice cream is protein rich, so I think I will be okay, for now.

I recently bought a 'rainbow' pack of Dr. Stevia 'soda' products, so it's one a day, just like a vitamin, until they're gone. I don't ordinarily drink soda type products at all, so this is just a test run on a new stevia based drink product.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 03:56 AM   #29298
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
- slaw dogs
- applesauce
What are slaw dogs? *Curious*
The Following User Says Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 04:00 AM   #29299
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Steak tacos I newly discovered using a cast iron skillet for cooking steaks.... OMG... delicious!!!
Yummy!

*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*

As for me, I went out with a friend and had Indian which is always yummy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 05:23 AM   #29300
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

We are having family dinner tonight instead of Friday due to a few conflicts. Broccoli quiche and salad for the adults and pasta and hopefully some grilled chicken for the boys.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
dessert, dinner, food