Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
[I can hardly understand that last thing I posted. I think I was having auditory hallucinations at the time. Must have messed me up.]

Hey, Linus, our bright, handsome boy--

I was redo-ing the link in my sig when it came up that "URL is not BB code." Huh? I don't see where I can implant a link down there now either. The tapu-tapu-tapu line is plain text.

Do you know what's up? Thanks! taps
See here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...&postcount=153

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey there, t. unless i've missed the link, could you put it here so I can take a look at your text design? I'm not sure if you mean that, or actual content, but I'd like to see both.

Ladyface gave good tips on exercising personal writing style. I have an approach, too, but I'll see what you've got first, if I may.

I think personal style is one of my writing's greatest strength, but I also think it's hard to nail down what it is even when you've got it. A few readers have described mine to me, so I might be able to help pull out yours.

taps
thank you tapu and 1ladyface
i'm going to go over my current content and try your technique and see what manifests

no link posted yet - my website is for my small business and not a personal website or blog
i'm not sure what the planet's policy is so i think i should wait for now.

i try not to use my own voice because i like to use short one or two line, fortune cookie like sections instead of paragraphs and i don't like to use the shift, tab or a lot of the punctuation keys

not very professional at all

what about appealing to the widest audience possible - finding that balance that will connect with visual, intuitive and aural thinkers

bah - there should be a simple scientific ratio
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Gee, that kinda bites. But I get it, thanks.
I'll just pop the link in here for now:

http://tapu-tapu-tapu.blogspot.com/
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My latest blog and project below in my sig. www.sachitacollective.com in fact I just built it yesterday and it will document our work here building the farm into a sustainable organic community.

I also have www.farmgoddess.com seriously needs updating.

Then of course there is my main farm blog www.dancingcreekfarm.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

This is fun. I am interested in seeing what everyone is up to. I love decorating blogs and found this really cool graphic artist Itkupilli
who shares blog designs for free. I adore her: http://blo64rt.blogspot.com/

I have two blogs:
This one is related to a radio show I produce here in Austin on Holistic Health. It includes pod-casts, guest info and articles some of my co-hosts have written.

Tales from the Golden Cabinet

This one is Erotica and I really need to get back to writing on it:

Touching Strangers
Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting situation in my Blog hits lately:

I have one or two hits a day that show the incoming link as part of "google open social blah-blah," which often shows up when someone with a blog also on google hits me.

These were looking like someone might be using a proxy because each hit was from a different country: Italy, Germany, Slovenia (is there even still a Slovenia?), UK, South Africa. One came in from Luxumbourg, and I was like, "Gee, buddy, what's the other guy in Luxumbourg doing while you're on my blog?"

Anyway, I was able to trace a few down and it would seem that they are all from blogs in a spanking ring! As in, straight guys wanting women to spank them. They're very explicit sites.

I'd figure it was one of the random weirdnesses of the internet, but I'm wondering about how unrandom it might be. Certainly I know more than what I figure the average person might know about such a thing. Did some connection get made somewhere and I'm not aware of how? Bleh.

Also, I do participate on an international fetish forum. Just definitely not that one. Could things, though seemingly unrelated, come through there???

I figure if anyone will know, we will. Anyone know?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #27
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

somespankblog.blogspot,—Linz, Oberosterreich, Austria

Last edited by Linus; 02-05-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Editing to avoid google mapping that blog to here and getting them here.
tapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Interesting situation in my Blog hits lately:

I have one or two hits a day that show the incoming link as part of "google open social blah-blah," which often shows up when someone with a blog also on google hits me.

These were looking like someone might be using a proxy because each hit was from a different country: Italy, Germany, Slovenia (is there even still a Slovenia?), UK, South Africa. One came in from Luxumbourg, and I was like, "Gee, buddy, what's the other guy in Luxumbourg doing while you're on my blog?"

Anyway, I was able to trace a few down and it would seem that they are all from blogs in a spanking ring! As in, straight guys wanting women to spank them. They're very explicit sites.

I'd figure it was one of the random weirdnesses of the internet, but I'm wondering about how unrandom it might be. Certainly I know more than what I figure the average person might know about such a thing. Did some connection get made somewhere and I'm not aware of how? Bleh.

Also, I do participate on an international fetish forum. Just definitely not that one. Could things, though seemingly unrelated, come through there???

I figure if anyone will know, we will. Anyone know?
It's possible, if you advertise your blog there. Additionally, keep in mind that this particular forum, IIRC, is open to guests (not all of our forums are but this one might be).

That said, it's likely spammers. They just want to post random crap on your blog in an attempt to advertise whatever it is they are selling or promoting (kinda like the guys who leave fliers under your windshield wipers at the mall). Just moderate your comments and check afterwards.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

Tapu, I have rounds of the same kind of visitors from time to time. I was told they were spammers. They are mostly from Eastern European countries. You have a neat blog, I enjoy your writing and photos.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Ah, thank you both. Their pattern makes them seem like spammers, but they haven't posted any comments yet.... I think I'll just keep an eye out for that and otherwise let them play in my sandbox. I do wish they'd wear pants to do it, though.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #31
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

quick update:
thanks to all the helpful tips above - i've spent the last several weeks tweaking the written content of my site and it's 100% more appealing to me.
thanks everyone

i have another question and i'm having a hard time deciphering information i've found online

i am currently using a free slideshow module that contains a hidden backlink to the developer
there seems to be conflicting opinions on how or if this will affect the users web ranking

any opinions here?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #32
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My clicks are starting to pick up on my blog a little bit. I've found that posting current news articles with my own commentary helps a lot.

Recently purchased a dedicated server to host all of my blogs. Cheaper than individual hosting (much, much cheaper) and all of my tools are in one place. Hostgator rocks!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #33
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i am interested in a very simple, easy edited website for massage therapy...

i don't know where to start!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #34
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
i am interested in a very simple, easy edited website for massage therapy...

i don't know where to start!
Wordpress is where it's at!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #35
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Wordpress is where it's at!

i knew that was a good blog site but websites too? i'll check it out!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #36
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Oh yes girl! You can use it strictly for blogging but Wordpress comes with tons of plugins that operate very similarly to full blown websites (galleries and shopping carts!)

It's one of the most user-friendly platforms available! IMO of course!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #37
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

wordpress has lots of cool themes and add ons

but

i use joomla myself - and i like it
The Following User Says Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #38
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I got into some joomla today and it feels pretty familiar. Might go a little further with it to stretch my comfort zone.

I migrated 3 of my personal blogs today to a new hosting company and am proud to say it was super easy and I didn't lose any data. Moving ALL of my hosting away from Godaddy.com and will begin moving the domain names I have registered there pretty soon as well.

Anyone working on new projects lately?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #39
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I did the unthinkable - I made a Facebook page to help my photography along. I'm really pretty anti Facebook but all the professionals tell me, you really need one to be successful in today's marketplace. {insert 12 year old eyeroll lol} So I did and here is the link and it is clickable:

https://www.facebook.com/faireunvoeu/

And, I'm hoping some of you who do enjoy Facebook will stop by and "Like" me? I think that's the key to getting my page shown to folks; the Likes. Well, that and reviews and quality work. For those of you who don't know, I specialize in children's (6 mos - 6 yrs) photography. I am willing to travel as well if anyone is interested.

At any rate, wish me luck! And again, if your a Facebook user I would be so appreciative of a thumbs up if you could manage that. Muchly love & thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #40
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Well, I did the unthinkable - I made a Facebook page to help my photography along. I'm really pretty anti Facebook but all the professionals tell me, you really need one to be successful in today's marketplace. {insert 12 year old eyeroll lol} So I did and here is the link and it is clickable:

https://www.facebook.com/faireunvoeu/

And, I'm hoping some of you who do enjoy Facebook will stop by and "Like" me? I think that's the key to getting my page shown to folks; the Likes. Well, that and reviews and quality work. For those of you who don't know, I specialize in children's (6 mos - 6 yrs) photography. I am willing to travel as well if anyone is interested.

At any rate, wish me luck! And again, if your a Facebook user I would be so appreciative of a thumbs up if you could manage that. Muchly love & thanks in advance.

Smart!

Facebook certainly has its place with helping get the word out!

And, as you already know, Instagram is HUGE for advertising! I only got into Insta about 18 months ago and have been finding my way around with daily photo challenges. Started a page for the planet about 3 months mago and we are at over 1100 followers already and a LOT of engagement.
I saw an article recently that Instagram has outpaced Facebook as a media growth market and is on par with Youtube as being the fastest growing social media ad platform.

(I love this shit!)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: