Notices

Old 04-09-2020, 06:10 AM   #641
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm making a list.........

Once we're free from the stay-home policy and I feel it's safe enough to travel once again I'll be checking out.......

bopNgrill 921 W Belmont Ave, Chicago

They just showed a repeat of this joint on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. How I missed it the first time is beyond me!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #642
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Next I'll be checking out........

Cafe Cancale 1576 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago for seafood & raw bar with coastal wines & 1920's-inspired cocktails

Old 04-09-2020, 06:41 AM   #643
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Same Same Thai 2022 W Roscoe St, Chicago

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 07:16 AM   #644
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default I can hardly wait to visit.............

American Writers Museum 180 Michigan Ave, Chicago

American Writers Museum is the first and only national museum honoring American writers and their work, with interactive exhibits and programs that celebrate the past, promote the present and inspire the future of writing in the United States. The American Writers Museum was created to celebrate the writers and their work. Exhibits showcase the writers who helped shape our history – writers of novels, song lyrics, poetry, plays, speeches, comics, journalism, humor, and more. The museum is a modern, interactive place with sights, sounds, scents, touchscreens, and original installations.

Featured are programs with award-winning and bestselling authors too promote today’s writers, by bringing them together with their readers. These events take readers beyond the page, to hear from their favorite authors about their books, their impact, the writing process, and the subjects they write about.

There’s something for everyone, from children’s storytimes and author talks to literary cocktail tastings.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #645
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Looking for chicks in Chicago?

IF you're a birder check out The Chicago Audubon and Ornithological societies host free bird walks, Wooded Island Jackson Park, (Saturday mornings) North Park Village Nature Center (Saturdays during migration), or North Pond Nature
Sanctuary (Wednesday mornings).

Don't forget Lincoln Park's Montrose Point bird sanctuary steps from Lake Michigan. A stretch of shrubs, hedges,k and trees attracts millions of birds like the Golden-Crowned Kinglet following the Lake Michigan shore as they migrate between New Orleans and Canada.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:26 AM   #646
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
IF you're a birder check out The Chicago Audubon and Ornithological societies host free bird walks, Wooded Island Jackson Park, (Saturday mornings) North Park Village Nature Center (Saturdays during migration), or North Pond Nature
Sanctuary (Wednesday mornings).

Don't forget Lincoln Park's Montrose Point bird sanctuary steps from Lake Michigan. A stretch of shrubs, hedges,k and trees attracts millions of birds like the Golden-Crowned Kinglet following the Lake Michigan shore as they migrate between New Orleans and Canada.
From The Nature Conservancy....

For the first time in decades, rare piping plovers mated in Chicago. In 2019, two shorebirds nicknamed Monty and Rose became the first piping plovers to successfully nest in Chicago in more than a half century. Their arrival sparked a flurry of curiosity and concern as thousands followed their efforts to build a family near the dunes of Montrose Beach, a restored natural habitat adjoining one of the Chicago’s most popular beaches.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:42 PM   #647
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Adding to the list of "going to try" once the all clear sounds...

Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company 2121 N Clark St, Chicago
Old 04-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #648
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default And also........

La Scarola 721 W Grand Ave., Chicago
Old 04-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #649
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default And maybe for lunch...

Carmine's 1043 N Rush St, Chicago
Old 05-04-2020, 07:02 AM   #650
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Along Chicago's Riverwalk........

The Chicago Riverwalk, 151 West Riverwalk South, Chicago (located at the Splash Pad on the riverwalk..between LaSalle & Wells).

Home Sweet Gelato

Old 05-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #651
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Also along Chicago's Riverwalk

City Winery
Old 05-04-2020, 07:21 AM   #652
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

TINY TAPP & CAFE 55 W. Riverwalk South (Located on Lower Wacker between the Clark and Dearborn Street bridges).

Old 05-04-2020, 07:40 AM   #653
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Chicago 's Al fresco dining if you're so inclined........

About Last Knife 168 Michigan Ave, Chicago
Coda Di Volpe 3335 N Southport Ave, Chicago
Fairgrounds Coffee and Tea 1620 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago
Le Sud 2301 W Roscoe St, Chicago
Machine: Engineered Dining & Drink 1846 W Division St, Chicago

Old 05-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #654
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Al fresco on the back patio............

Big Star Wicker Park 1531 N Damen Ave, Chicago

Old 05-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #655
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default More patio dining......

Piccolo Sogno 464 N Halsted St, Chicago

I'd likely order the Spaghetti Bolognese
Old 05-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #656
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Anyone else planning a get-a-way for when the all clear is sounded?

I can't imagine people staying home then!
Old 05-05-2020, 05:14 AM   #657
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Space & Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Anyone else planning a get-a-way for when the all clear is sounded?

I can't imagine people staying home then!
You bet!!!!! Oh yeah!!!

Have been googling different places to move to... Will depend on my finances. However, the new "normal" is not something I am looking forward to, the freedom I had before to fulfill my gut/body desires in the moment may be forever changed (at least until they have a vaccine). Ya know, for example, feeling I need more protein, and just taking off to my fav Japanese resto, and walking out of that resto feeling just fine, or feeling I need to connect with some bit of nature, and taking off and getting my fill. I need more space around me and I miss going out daily. I don't get lonely (never really did), so I don't miss those chats with people I know. Am still alone - all ein - all one.

As a child, when I was mischievous (grins), I used to get grounded (ugh); it's almost the same, except I used to get long talks and now all I get is news (am fed up with having to keep up with the news).
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #658
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
You bet!!!!! Oh yeah!!!

Have been googling different places to move to... Will depend on my finances. However, the new "normal" is not something I am looking forward to, the freedom I had before to fulfill my gut/body desires in the moment may be forever changed (at least until they have a vaccine). Ya know, for example, feeling I need more protein, and just taking off to my fav Japanese resto, and walking out of that resto feeling just fine, or feeling I need to connect with some bit of nature, and taking off and getting my fill. I need more space around me and I miss going out daily. I don't get lonely (never really did), so I don't miss those chats with people I know. Am still alone - all ein - all one.

As a child, when I was mischievous (grins), I used to get grounded (ugh); it's almost the same, except I used to get long talks and now all I get is news (am fed up with having to keep up with the news).
Anybody else making plans for travel when we get the all-clear???
Old 05-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #659
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Adding this to my list...........

Swill Inn 415 N Milwaukee Ave Chicago

Old 05-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #660
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Oh and of course this........

Spinning J Bakery 1000 N California Ave Chicago (b/t Cortez St & Augusta Blvd)