Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2022, 04:31 PM   #1481
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Land Of Enchantment
Posts: 5,359
Thanks: 18,051
Thanked 22,723 Times in 4,459 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Best wishes to you Katchen! Also to everyone else in this thread and others who are facing challenging health issues. I see so much strength, determination, resiliency, and grace expressed here. I admire all of you and wish you nothing but the best.

I have been extremely healthy all my life until the last several months. I have never been in the hospital, had surgery, broken a bone, or had any serious issues at all. Up until recently I hadn't been to a doctor in decades and didn't have health insurance - both of those are no longer true (thank god for the ACA). I have always known I was extremely fortunate and tried to never take my good health for granted. But don't be like Bully - you need regular checkups just like your car does.

I have been referred to go see a cancer specialist in Albuquerque at the end of the month. I've been quite sick and lost 100-150 pounds - probably closer to 150 - and I have been in a lot of pain (have meds to help with that now) and have a lot of strange symptoms. I have received good care so far and I am very impressed by the qualifications of the cancer specialist.

Best wishes to all. I will keep fighting.
__________________
Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2022, 05:19 PM   #1482
Kätzchen
••• ♡•♡ •••

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Real Lucky ツ
 
Kätzchen's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the arms of my Beloved <3
Posts: 14,466
Thanks: 36,333
Thanked 30,384 Times in 9,365 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you, Pynk & Bulldog 💜

Today was real rough....my dearest, long time BFF revealed to me by text that she is moving back to our homestate to be closer to her grandkids. I was at the doctor office when i got her news and was devestated (sp?) And couldnt get control of my emtions. I was crying (sobbing) into the arms of a complete stranger and rescheduled to another week later this month.

But i just want to share back to Pynk and my long time friend in the community, Bulldog, that your comments of support help me so much, right now.

*Thank you* ♥️💜♥️💜♥️


I too have lost a ton of weight and my weightloss is related to my cancer.

I will know by late September what type of cancer i have and what types of treatment are available to me.

I will keep you all posted and thank you for the kindest of support!

~K. + big air hugs. : )
__________________

Kätzchen
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2022, 07:58 AM   #1483
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: salt air & sandy beaches
Posts: 12,843
Thanks: 93,623
Thanked 30,882 Times in 7,484 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Oh my, I am very saddened to hear this, bully!!!PLEASE, reach out here if you need to talk to a friend! Will be holding you close to my heart & in my thoughts!

You are so right....we must get checkups, maintain our bodily machines, as best we can. Am grateful to hear you got ACA.

And, it is always good when you have complete faith in your oncologist & team! This is NOT an easy journey, will be fraught with challenges along the way. It is of utmost importance to have a really great support team IRL & here! I so hope that you have that, Bully!!

Know you are always welcome at my door here!! Check your PM's. Myself & pynk are both nurses! We have both travelled the journey you are now on.

Big hugs, BD!!! Keep positive & keep fighting....I might need yer help to kick some azz one day...lol....Much love....clay





Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Best wishes to you Katchen! Also to everyone else in this thread and others who are facing challenging health issues. I see so much strength, determination, resiliency, and grace expressed here. I admire all of you and wish you nothing but the best.

I have been extremely healthy all my life until the last several months. I have never been in the hospital, had surgery, broken a bone, or had any serious issues at all. Up until recently I hadn't been to a doctor in decades and didn't have health insurance - both of those are no longer true (thank god for the ACA). I have always known I was extremely fortunate and tried to never take my good health for granted. But don't be like Bully - you need regular checkups just like your car does.

I have been referred to go see a cancer specialist in Albuquerque at the end of the month. I've been quite sick and lost 100-150 pounds - probably closer to 150 - and I have been in a lot of pain (have meds to help with that now) and have a lot of strange symptoms. I have received good care so far and I am very impressed by the qualifications of the cancer specialist.

Best wishes to all. I will keep fighting.
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2022, 02:40 PM   #1484
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Land Of Enchantment
Posts: 5,359
Thanks: 18,051
Thanked 22,723 Times in 4,459 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Thank you so much Clay. Your support really means a lot to me, and I see you giving so much of it in this thread. You are a very kind soul. And thank you to my other friends who reached out and offered their support. It really means a lot to me.

Belated congratulations on your marriage Clay. I am so glad you have found happiness and your special lady to share your life with. I wish the two of you all the very best.

You're right Clay - I need to go conquer this so I can be at full strength to back up my friends and kick ass if necessary! Lol, I am on it.
__________________
Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2022, 06:28 PM   #1485
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: salt air & sandy beaches
Posts: 12,843
Thanks: 93,623
Thanked 30,882 Times in 7,484 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

YVW, BD!! I truly am here for you! I will PM you my cell...if you need to reach out, dear friend!

Keeping space for you in my heart! Always.

Thank you for your kind words, Bully! That means a lot to me. I always try to treat others how I would want to be treated!!

We are each one day away from a challenge being thrown us. Esp now is when we need to be kind, supportive, & be present for those facing challenges!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Thank you so much Clay. Your support really means a lot to me, and I see you giving so much of it in this thread. You are a very kind soul. And thank you to my other friends who reached out and offered their support. It really means a lot to me.

Belated congratulations on your marriage Clay. I am so glad you have found happiness and your special lady to share your life with. I wish the two of you all the very best.

You're right Clay - I need to go conquer this so I can be at full strength to back up my friends and kick ass if necessary! Lol, I am on it.
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2022, 11:19 PM   #1486
Canela
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella
 
Canela's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,373
Thanks: 10,571
Thanked 6,526 Times in 1,697 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kinda freaking out here…

Hey, Hi y’all,

I was diagnosed with ductal carcinoma yesterday, actually. I’m in shock one minute, crying the next, then sucking it up and taking care of business throughout…I’ve made contact with MD Anderson in Houston. They’re dealing with the particulars…I’m grateful for that. I’m hopeful, trusting God to make a way for me and for all of you as well. I apologize for just throwing that out there all random. Thanks for the space to share.
__________________
.
.
.
.
.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne



Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2022, 07:47 AM   #1487
easygoingfemme
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Daddy's girl <3
 
easygoingfemme's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: My place by the river
Posts: 3,354
Thanks: 6,696
Thanked 14,146 Times in 2,998 Posts
Rep Power: 21474849
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
Hey, Hi y’all,

I was diagnosed with ductal carcinoma yesterday, actually. I’m in shock one minute, crying the next, then sucking it up and taking care of business throughout…I’ve made contact with MD Anderson in Houston. They’re dealing with the particulars…I’m grateful for that. I’m hopeful, trusting God to make a way for me and for all of you as well. I apologize for just throwing that out there all random. Thanks for the space to share.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I was there myself 7 years ago. The initial diagnosis and "hurry up and wait" of putting together an action plan is relentless. I am sending you peace and positivity and "you got this". Please don't apologize for sharing and please keep us posted.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2022, 08:18 AM   #1488
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: salt air & sandy beaches
Posts: 12,843
Thanks: 93,623
Thanked 30,882 Times in 7,484 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

((((((((((((((((((Canela)))))))))))))))

You never have to apologize for posting here!

This hurts my heart to know you have this to deal with!!

Please know, I will send you positive energies, hold a space in my heart for you, and everyone else here, having to deal with this!

As my sweet friend, easy said, "you got this". We will be here for you & please keep us posted as you can!

Much love & support....clay


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
Hey, Hi y’all,

I was diagnosed with ductal carcinoma yesterday, actually. I’m in shock one minute, crying the next, then sucking it up and taking care of business throughout…I’ve made contact with MD Anderson in Houston. They’re dealing with the particulars…I’m grateful for that. I’m hopeful, trusting God to make a way for me and for all of you as well. I apologize for just throwing that out there all random. Thanks for the space to share.
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2022, 02:57 PM   #1489
pynkkameleon
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi
 
pynkkameleon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 130
Thanks: 1,273
Thanked 488 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 7379554
pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I’m saddened by the recent updates here. Such a shitty club to find ourselves enrolled in. With that said though, I don’t think that you will ever find a more supportive and understanding group of people than those that have walked in similar shoes. Each journey is different yes, but the tools we all gather, the strength we gain and the trials that we go through, give each of us a unique outlook and sense of empathy that is hard to find elsewhere.
The days ahead will test you to your very core but you’ll find strength that you never knew you had. Also know though that it’s okay, and necessary, to be vulnerable too. Leaning on others for support right now is a crucial component to your health and overall well being and your health needs to be your primary focus right now. If there are days that you can’t find your strength, you can come here and someone will remind you. This space is to share both the good, the bad and the unknown. Ask questions, cry, vent, laugh or share something completely unrelated. We all understand, whether we have cancer, are waiting to hear if we have it, care for or have lost someone with it, cancer links us all together.

Thinking of you all. Here for you if you need an ear, a shoulder or a nudge to remind you of what a badass you are.

F**k cancer
Big love, Be good to you..
V
__________________
~Vonni~

Don't define your world in black and white..


There is so much hiding amongst the greys


❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2022, 10:49 PM   #1490
Kätzchen
••• ♡•♡ •••

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Real Lucky ツ
 
Kätzchen's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the arms of my Beloved <3
Posts: 14,466
Thanks: 36,333
Thanked 30,384 Times in 9,365 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Your post is brain candy (to me) and I just want you to know that I think your process & your perspective is invaluable, and terribly kind.

Your so sweet.

I appreciate you.

Sending big sister love to you, tonight.

~K. ♥️♥️♥️♥️


Quote:
Originally Posted by pynkkameleon View Post
I’m saddened by the recent updates here. Such a shitty club to find ourselves enrolled in. With that said though, I don’t think that you will ever find a more supportive and understanding group of people than those that have walked in similar shoes. Each journey is different yes, but the tools we all gather, the strength we gain and the trials that we go through, give each of us a unique outlook and sense of empathy that is hard to find elsewhere.
The days ahead will test you to your very core but you’ll find strength that you never knew you had. Also know though that it’s okay, and necessary, to be vulnerable too. Leaning on others for support right now is a crucial component to your health and overall well being and your health needs to be your primary focus right now. If there are days that you can’t find your strength, you can come here and someone will remind you. This space is to share both the good, the bad and the unknown. Ask questions, cry, vent, laugh or share something completely unrelated. We all understand, whether we have cancer, are waiting to hear if we have it, care for or have lost someone with it, cancer links us all together.

Thinking of you all. Here for you if you need an ear, a shoulder or a nudge to remind you of what a badass you are.

F**k cancer
Big love, Be good to you..
V
__________________

Kätzchen
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2022, 11:06 PM   #1491
Canela
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella
 
Canela's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,373
Thanks: 10,571
Thanked 6,526 Times in 1,697 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. I was there myself 7 years ago. The initial diagnosis and "hurry up and wait" of putting together an action plan is relentless. I am sending you peace and positivity and "you got this". Please don't apologize for sharing and please keep us posted.
Thank you so much. Your support and kindness mean everything to me. I appreciate you reaching out and I receive your peace and positivity, which I need so badly. Sending you hugs and celebrating your success over this horribly ugly thing. Thank you so much! 💗 🤗
__________________
.
.
.
.
.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne



Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:11 PM   #1492
Canela
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella
 
Canela's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,373
Thanks: 10,571
Thanked 6,526 Times in 1,697 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
((((((((((((((((((Canela)))))))))))))))

You never have to apologize for posting here!

This hurts my heart to know you have this to deal with!!

Please know, I will send you positive energies, hold a space in my heart for you, and everyone else here, having to deal with this!

As my sweet friend, easy said, "you got this". We will be here for you & please keep us posted as you can!

Much love & support....clay
Aww Clay, thank you so much for your kindness. I’m so glad I actually posted about this and that you’re here with your effervescent spirit showering myself and everyone here with positivity and love. You’re amazing, you know that? I appreciate you holding space for me. You make me believe it’ll be easy… Thank you old friend, thank you 💗🤗
__________________
.
.
.
.
.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne



Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2022, 11:27 PM   #1493
Canela
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella
 
Canela's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,373
Thanks: 10,571
Thanked 6,526 Times in 1,697 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynkkameleon View Post
I’m saddened by the recent updates here. Such a shitty club to find ourselves enrolled in. With that said though, I don’t think that you will ever find a more supportive and understanding group of people than those that have walked in similar shoes. Each journey is different yes, but the tools we all gather, the strength we gain and the trials that we go through, give each of us a unique outlook and sense of empathy that is hard to find elsewhere.
The days ahead will test you to your very core but you’ll find strength that you never knew you had. Also know though that it’s okay, and necessary, to be vulnerable too. Leaning on others for support right now is a crucial component to your health and overall well being and your health needs to be your primary focus right now. If there are days that you can’t find your strength, you can come here and someone will remind you. This space is to share both the good, the bad and the unknown. Ask questions, cry, vent, laugh or share something completely unrelated. We all understand, whether we have cancer, are waiting to hear if we have it, care for or have lost someone with it, cancer links us all together.

Thinking of you all. Here for you if you need an ear, a shoulder or a nudge to remind you of what a badass you are.

F**k cancer
Big love, Be good to you..
V
This. This is everything, thank you so much for your support and love. Your spirit is so joyous and generous. I feel like I’m exactly where I need to be. I was scared and intimidated by my DX but after reading all the posts not just now but before, it feels like home here. And I really need to feel like I’m home somewhere. Here is good. Familiar. I’ve missed this place. I feel like the whole world, my whole world has gone crazy and I’m the only sane one wishing I was crazy too. Idk if that even makes sense but that’s how I feel. Today, my daughters asked me to provide proof. PROOF! That I actually got this. Who would make that up? I provided them with proof and afterward I blocked them. I love my children, anyone that knows me knows my kids are everything to me, but right now, today, I’m feeling sad. Disappointed I guess is a better word. I’m grateful though because I do have a support system to help me get through this and I count all of y’all as part of that system. Thanks for inviting me to share. I know you meant your post for everyone but I took all of it to heart. Thank you so very much for your kindness. It is very much appreciated. ❤️🤗

All my love,

Canela
__________________
.
.
.
.
.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne



Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2022, 11:30 PM   #1494
Canela
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella
 
Canela's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,373
Thanks: 10,571
Thanked 6,526 Times in 1,697 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Your post is brain candy (to me) and I just want you to know that I think your process & your perspective is invaluable, and terribly kind.

Your so sweet.

I appreciate you.

Sending big sister love to you, tonight.

~K. ♥️♥️♥️♥️
Hi my friend! I co-sign everything you wrote here. Agreed!
Thinking of you sweet lady and sending blessings to you and yours. 💗🤗
__________________
.
.
.
.
.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne



Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 08:39 AM   #1495
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: salt air & sandy beaches
Posts: 12,843
Thanks: 93,623
Thanked 30,882 Times in 7,484 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

I am so so sorry that your kids are "doubting" you at a time like this. That just absolutely sucks. Perhaps it is their way of processing this, maybe it scared them, I do not know that answer.

But, HERE....here is home for you & all of us, for this is where NO ONE is questioned, no one is doubted, & no one will be shunned. This is your soft place to land, where you can read in silence, yet feel all the love, support, & gentle hugs you need, every! single! time!

Any post we write, I feel certain is both individual & collectively. So always feel free to take our words for your own!!

Sitting in here, feels like an amazing space, that one or many, can come to, soak up all the energies being left for all who needs that. What I love about this particular thread is that so many of us have had to face this dilemma of C., and unfairly, sometimes, more than once! Yet everyone remains hopeful, positive, & encouraging, loving each of us as best they can. As my sweet friend, V wrote, C. SUCKS! My mantra was "I made cancer my bitch" and my oncologist loved that when I would say it to her!!

Every one of us are challenged in differing ways when we get this dx. BUT we all march forward, fighting for every day we live another day, suffering, progressing, sliding into what ever emotion facing us at any given moment, BUT! WE! MARCH! forward. We are BRAVE WARRIORS!



Know you are NOT EVER alone in your battle. Some, one, or all, of us are here for whatever you may need. Feel free to scream, to cry, to post of your feelings, reach out, or just say hi...because, at the end of the day...we are all one in here!!

Be gentle with yourself, reach out, there is no shame is being vulnerable...as we all have at some point. We are all one here...some, or many times, it will NOT be easy....BUT...what is easy is to come to your family here...we will ease your burdens so it will be easier for you! I promise you that!!

Know you are so precious to me, & others here. You have always been a special friend to me!! Take care, Canela! We got you, girl!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
This. This is everything, thank you so much for your support and love. Your spirit is so joyous and generous. I feel like I’m exactly where I need to be. I was scared and intimidated by my DX but after reading all the posts not just now but before, it feels like home here. And I really need to feel like I’m home somewhere. Here is good. Familiar. I’ve missed this place. I feel like the whole world, my whole world has gone crazy and I’m the only sane one wishing I was crazy too. Idk if that even makes sense but that’s how I feel. Today, my daughters asked me to provide proof. PROOF! That I actually got this. Who would make that up? I provided them with proof and afterward I blocked them. I love my children, anyone that knows me knows my kids are everything to me, but right now, today, I’m feeling sad. Disappointed I guess is a better word. I’m grateful though because I do have a support system to help me get through this and I count all of y’all as part of that system. Thanks for inviting me to share. I know you meant your post for everyone but I took all of it to heart. Thank you so very much for your kindness. It is very much appreciated. ❤️��

All my love,

Canela
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 12:22 PM   #1496
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: salt air & sandy beaches
Posts: 12,843
Thanks: 93,623
Thanked 30,882 Times in 7,484 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Bulley, Canela, Katzchen, pynkkameleon...and others

Know I leave you each with a gentle hug, a soft place to land, & an ear...most of all...YOU ALL ARE BRAVE!! We got this!! Thinking of each & everyone of you..always....clay xoxo
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 08:04 PM   #1497
Kätzchen
••• ♡•♡ •••

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Real Lucky ツ
 
Kätzchen's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the arms of my Beloved <3
Posts: 14,466
Thanks: 36,333
Thanked 30,384 Times in 9,365 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Thanks so much Clay !! You are so kind and I truly appreciate you!

Today was my followup appt to get a tooth fixed and my cancer biopsy done, but my blood pressure was really high so they fixed my tooth and gave me a bag of beautiful veggies from their community gardens and a bouquet of flowers from that same garden too.

We have staffing issues at work: we keep getting people who dont want to work (that "quiet quit" syndrome, maybe?).

I felt like whatever cancer i have must be terrible because of how the medical staff treated me so.kindly and shoved my cancer biopsy test under the proverbial rug.

I'm not upset that they could not do my test today. But it sends me a subtle unspoken message that my cancer situation will become real ugly.

All i know is to dwell on positive thoughts and not get caught up in what i dont know (etc).

Thanks for being so kind during a very unsettling part of life.

~K.


Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Know I leave you each with a gentle hug, a soft place to land, & an ear...most of all...YOU ALL ARE BRAVE!! We got this!! Thinking of each & everyone of you..always....clay xoxo
__________________

Kätzchen
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 12:12 AM   #1498
pynkkameleon
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi
 
pynkkameleon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 130
Thanks: 1,273
Thanked 488 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 7379554
pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Thanks so much Clay !! You are so kind and I truly appreciate you!

Today was my followup appt to get a tooth fixed and my cancer biopsy done, but my blood pressure was really high so they fixed my tooth and gave me a bag of beautiful veggies from their community gardens and a bouquet of flowers from that same garden too.

We have staffing issues at work: we keep getting people who dont want to work (that "quiet quit" syndrome, maybe?).

I felt like whatever cancer i have must be terrible because of how the medical staff treated me so.kindly and shoved my cancer biopsy test under the proverbial rug.

I'm not upset that they could not do my test today. But it sends me a subtle unspoken message that my cancer situation will become real ugly.

All i know is to dwell on positive thoughts and not get caught up in what i dont know (etc).

Thanks for being so kind during a very unsettling part of life.

~K.
Glad to hear that you were at least able to get that tooth fixed.

One day, one moment, one breath at a time.. 💜
__________________
~Vonni~

Don't define your world in black and white..


There is so much hiding amongst the greys


❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 12:29 AM   #1499
pynkkameleon
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi
 
pynkkameleon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 130
Thanks: 1,273
Thanked 488 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 7379554
pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
This. This is everything, thank you so much for your support and love. Your spirit is so joyous and generous. I feel like I’m exactly where I need to be. I was scared and intimidated by my DX but after reading all the posts not just now but before, it feels like home here. And I really need to feel like I’m home somewhere. Here is good. Familiar. I’ve missed this place. I feel like the whole world, my whole world has gone crazy and I’m the only sane one wishing I was crazy too. Idk if that even makes sense but that’s how I feel. Today, my daughters asked me to provide proof. PROOF! That I actually got this. Who would make that up? I provided them with proof and afterward I blocked them. I love my children, anyone that knows me knows my kids are everything to me, but right now, today, I’m feeling sad. Disappointed I guess is a better word. I’m grateful though because I do have a support system to help me get through this and I count all of y’all as part of that system. Thanks for inviting me to share. I know you meant your post for everyone but I took all of it to heart. Thank you so very much for your kindness. It is very much appreciated. ❤️🤗

All my love,

Canela
I’m so sorry that your daughters did that!? That makes me very sad. I’m proud of you for dealing with it the way you did! I have four adult children of my own, each capable of saying and doing idiotic things from time to time. Most of the time it’s pretty harmless stuff but if they lost every ounce of common sense and empathy and did anything remotely similar, I would do the same thing that you did. A few days or more of being blocked might be just what the doctor ordered 😊.
I do hope that yours come to their senses soon and apologize profusely.

Mine thankfully are very supportive but they do struggle with talking about it. Talking just makes it all more real. I recognize that and try not to push them too much. At the same time though, I don’t let them avoid it altogether. We are still working on finding the right balance.

As for everything else you said, of course it makes sense.. 💜

Big love 💗
__________________
~Vonni~

Don't define your world in black and white..


There is so much hiding amongst the greys


❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 11:30 PM   #1500
pynkkameleon
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi
 
pynkkameleon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 130
Thanks: 1,273
Thanked 488 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 7379554
pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I was too tired last night to add in my little bit of good news. My scans from last week show that the bone mets are stable, the mets near my lungs have resolved and all of the others have been reduced in size by half or more. There are a couple of teeny, tiny spots on my liver that we’re going to watch and revisit in 3 months when it’s time to run scans again. I’m tolerating the treatment well so far and that, coupled with evidence that it’s working to reduce the tumor burden, is very good news indeed. The only thing that made me grumpy at the appointment was being told that I need to lose some weight. As if I don’t already know that I have a bit of chonky going on right now. 😂 To be fair, it’s because she wants to prepare me for when the cancer becomes resistant to this first line of treatment. The second line is known to be harsher and cause diabetes, amongst other issues. So my first goal is going to be to get off of my cute, well padded derrière, walk a little bit more, eat a bit better and try to lose 20 pounds. If I can hit that goal, I’ll move on to a new one. It’s the right thing to do but knowing that I need to do something and being told that I HAVE to do something just somehow rubs me the wrong way every time. Even at 51, I apparently still have some rebellious teenager energy left in me.

I’m off the hook for appts now for the next 3 1/2 weeks. I’m looking forward to having this small break. In addition to the exercise, I also see lots of naps in my near future. This fatigue is hitting hard. Also, a big shoutout to TC for going to every appt with me, taking notes, asking questions and keeping me entertained every step of the way. I’m blessed to be loved by this amazing human being.

How’s everyone else doing? Kätzchen, how’s your tooth? Were you able to get the biopsy rescheduled? Canela, have you heard anything productive from MDAnderson? Incidentally, I’m up North in DFW and go to UTSW. Bulldog, I know that your appt is also coming up this week or next right?

Check in when you all feel up to it. Thinking of everyone here and sending tons of the good stuff out into the universe for each of you.

Big love 🖤 Be good to you
__________________
~Vonni~

Don't define your world in black and white..


There is so much hiding amongst the greys


❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018