Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 06-28-2022, 06:23 AM   #821
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

If the argument is that it is "not mentioned in the Constitution" buckle up buttercup we are going back the Stone Age.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:21 PM   #822
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Not only Gay Marriage, but Thomas has a whole list he's itching to overturn!

Sidebar: I had always believed Anita Hill during the Senate confirmation hearings for Thomas! How he's been able to keep his nose clean all this time is beyond me!

Justice Thomas' wife asked Anita Hill to apologize in a voicemail if you remember some years back...

IMHO... it appears she's been off her rocker for some time.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:29 PM   #823
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Case in point...

Quote:
Justice Thomas' wife asked Anita Hill to apologize in a voicemail if you remember some years back...

IMHO... she's been off her rocker for some time.......
Virginia Thomas, has faced criticism recently for her actions following former President Donald Trump's defeat in the 2020 election. Among other things, Virginia Thomas exchanged messages with then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows encouraging him to work to overturn President Joe Biden’s victory and urged Republican lawmakers in Arizona, where Biden won, to choose their own slate of electors.

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the Capitol has asked her for an interview.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 03:10 PM   #824
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default If Letitia James didn't find enough to nail him.....

~~
What charges might Trump face for trying to overturn 2020 election?

IMHO, MIGHT is the key word!

I have a sicking feeling this SOB is going to walk away scott free while thumbing his nose at all!
Old 07-02-2022, 07:53 AM   #825
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,615 Times in 3,974 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
~~
What charges might Trump face for trying to overturn 2020 election?

IMHO, MIGHT is the key word!

I have a sicking feeling this SOB is going to walk away scott free while thumbing his nose at all!
Me too! I don’t think he’s gonna face any substantial punishment for anything. I might concern is that he’s going to clear his way to run again. I just saw a poll that said he is way ahead of Biden of who people would vote for if the two of them ran against each other. I can’t take another four years of Trump in office especially with this SCOTUS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #826
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

The Supreme Court just announced that it’s going to take up LGBTQA+ rights up in the fall. For all those who are married now, be aware you might not be for much longer. Those who are insured through their employers, You could lose that insurance, as well as your partner could. For those who enter hospitals, your partners will no longer be allowed to follow you in the back. Kate crimes will not be prosecuted harshly if at all. We probably won’t even be allowed to do pride events and parades. They are coming for us and they just announced it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:05 PM   #827
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat242 View Post
If the argument is that it is "not mentioned in the Constitution" buckle up buttercup we are going back the Stone Age.
We already are back in the Stone Age!

That started when they overturned Roe v Wade....

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #828
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
The Supreme Court just announced that it’s going to take up LGBTQA+ rights up in the fall. For all those who are married now, be aware you might not be for much longer. Those who are insured through their employers, You could lose that insurance, as well as your partner could. For those who enter hospitals, your partners will no longer be allowed to follow you in the back. Kate crimes will not be prosecuted harshly if at all. We probably won’t even be allowed to do pride events and parades. They are coming for us and they just announced it!
Could you please post the link to this? I've tried and tried finding the article but to no avail!

I know Thomas has suggested the court take a look at these, but I had not heard they definetly had decided to in fall.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #829
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
Me too! I don’t think he’s gonna face any substantial punishment for anything. I might concern is that he’s going to clear his way to run again. I just saw a poll that said he is way ahead of Biden of who people would vote for if the two of them ran against each other. I can’t take another four years of Trump in office especially with this SCOTUS!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 02:43 PM   #830
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Nearly 850,000 people signed a petition demanding that Justice Clarence Thomas should be booted from the Supreme Court following Roe v. Wade ruling.

Unfortunately I doubt if a Justice can be moved just for their voting stance.

And Justice Thomas’s failure to recuse himself may be wrong, but it’s not judicial misconduct.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...al-misconduct/
Old 07-02-2022, 03:07 PM   #831
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat242 View Post
Well, the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are from a more fundamental document, The Declaration of Independence.

I know their argument is that it isn't specified.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #832
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Supreme Court sides with former Bremerton, Wash., high school football coach, ruling he has Constitutional right to pray on field.

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sided with a football coach from Washington state (6-3) who sought to kneel and pray on the field after games.

The justices ruled that the coach's prayer was protected by the First Amendment.

Isn't refusing an abortion to women some sort of double standard then?

IMHO overturning Roe Vs Wade is just another way men are determined to govern what women can do with their bodies!
Old 07-03-2022, 06:07 AM   #833
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Last week several important Right-wing 2nd Amendment decisions, SCOTUS struck down Gov. Hochel's (D-NY) light-weight state gun control legislation

SCOTUS wants to kick everything except gun control back to the states.

One good thing that came out of the District, Senator Chuck Schumer made loud verbal threats to the conservative Justices. He's really angry over Roe.

Senator Schumer's office is also circulating a petition to Federalize abortion access. Please sign this is you come across this.
Old 07-03-2022, 06:54 AM   #834
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
We already are back in the Stone Age!

That started when they overturned Roe v Wade....
Yes we are going back to the Stone Age thanks to the Republican Party and people like you who vote for them. Next up for the Supreme Court - taking away LGBTQ rights.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 01:43 PM   #835
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Could you please post the link to this? I've tried and tried finding the article but to no avail!

I know Thomas has suggested the court take a look at these, but I had not heard they definetly had decided to in fall.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-supreme-court
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 07:30 AM   #836
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Yes we are going back to the Stone Age thanks to the Republican Party and people like you who vote for them. Next up for the Supreme Court - taking away LGBTQ rights.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Some of us have a memory longer than a gnat.

"....people like YOU....."

This country will be unrecognizable if these unelected (selected by the Kochs and The Federalist Society) SCOTUS have their way. Many parts of this country will be paralyzed by fear of being arrested for .... reading the wrong book?!

Rational folks had thoughts like this yet dismissed them as being paranoid and hyperbolic. Look around, this coming dystopian landscape (already here in Florida and elsewhere, coming soon to a republican state near you) brought to you by christo fascists who are getting off on the damage being done to women.

It will only get worse if we do not vote! They are gerrymandering the fuck out of certain areas where a Dem won't have a snowballs chance to win in decades. We can prevent more suffering if we vote! Do it before our votes will not matter, they are getting their way with submitting their own electors if an election does not bode well for them. Some have already taken up the "pussy-grabbers" playbook by not conceding and yelling "stolen!"

I and so many others are done playing, we are outraged and petrified of things done and will be done. No more "let's just be reasonable and talk this out."
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 08:31 AM   #837
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

This is my state. I am horrified! This child is close to the age of my granddaughter. Not only was this young girl raped, now she is being raped by the system and by politics.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...n-in-ohio/amp/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 09:14 AM   #838
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth! Some of us have a memory longer than a gnat.

"....people like YOU....."

This country will be unrecognizable if these unelected (selected by the Kochs and The Federalist Society) SCOTUS have their way. Many parts of this country will be paralyzed by fear of being arrested for .... reading the wrong book?!

Rational folks had thoughts like this yet dismissed them as being paranoid and hyperbolic. Look around, this coming dystopian landscape (already here in Florida and elsewhere, coming soon to a republican state near you) brought to you by christo fascists who are getting off on the damage being done to women.

It will only get worse if we do not vote! They are gerrymandering the fuck out of certain areas where a Dem won't have a snowballs chance to win in decades. We can prevent more suffering if we vote! Do it before our votes will not matter, they are getting their way with submitting their own electors if an election does not bode well for them. Some have already taken up the "pussy-grabbers" playbook by not conceding and yelling "stolen!"

I and so many others are done playing, we are outraged and petrified of things done and will be done. No more "let's just be reasonable and talk this out."
The fact that JDeere would come in here and act like overturning Roe was a bad thing after voting for the Republicans for many years - based on his own posts - is absolutely outrageous. Everyone on both sides has known for decades that overturning Roe was a top priority of the Republican Party and why it was so important to vote. There are absolutely no excuses for anyone who supports the Republican Party. They are anti-woman, anti-children, racist, anti-LBGTQ and more. Why would any LGBTQ person put their own rights at risk and those of their community. It has been very very clear that the Republican Party is an enemy of the LGBTQ community. Absolutely no doubt at all.

Yes we must vote. We have to fight harder than we ever have in our lives and being chummy with those who are trying to take us down is not part of a winning strategy. They are willing to go to every extreme length including overthrowing Democracy.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 09:57 AM   #839
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Agreed...this also applies to those who didn't vote for Hillary in 2016. I've had people tell me "I voted but voted independent or write in." If you don't vote Democrat then you are voting against us. Had people who didn't like Hillary but hated Trump voted for Hillary we wouldn't be in the situation we are now. Those Supreme Court judges would likely be Democrat.

They (Republicans, social media, and media such as FOX and some others) have made Biden look so bad I don't know if the Dems can hold on to the oval office. You have to vote with us because a vote in any other direction is against us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
The fact that JDeere would come in here and act like overturning Roe was a bad thing after voting for the Republicans for many years - based on his own posts - is absolutely outrageous. Everyone on both sides has known for decades that overturning Roe was a top priority of the Republican Party and why it was so important to vote. There are absolutely no excuses for anyone who supports the Republican Party. They are anti-woman, anti-children, racist, anti-LBGTQ and more. Why would any LGBTQ person put their own rights at risk and those of their community. It has been very very clear that the Republican Party is an enemy of the LGBTQ community. Absolutely no doubt at all.

Yes we must vote. We have to fight harder than we ever have in our lives and being chummy with those who are trying to take us down is not part of a winning strategy. They are willing to go to every extreme length including overthrowing Democracy.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 08:47 PM   #840
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Donations given for Susan Collins re-election.....

The Federalist Society, the conservative legal group that pushed Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's appointment, has been the biggest contributor to the re-election campaign of Sen. Susan Collins, the embattled Maine Republican, since she voted to confirm him, federal filings show.

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/10/is-...campaign-cash/