Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-06-2019, 01:50 AM   #4541
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I walked downtown, probably 3/4 of a mile total. I went to Starbucks, to my haircut, to Starbucks, to the witchy store, and to the piercer's. There was stopping in between obviously but a nice little walk.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #4542
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,113 Times in 3,005 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, I thought about an air horn today! I want one of those old ones that goes "Aoooooga"

Today: 45 miles on the bike. I'm trying to be better about taking breaks. I read through the cue sheets for my upcoming ride and tried to mirror today's ride after their ride/rest schedule. So I stopped at 12 miles, 22 miles and 35 miles. The first two stops were quick hydrate/bathroom. Third I stopped and ate some almonds and a banana and drank more water. It was a success.

There was a big group of people doing a ride together and they were all on recumbent bikes. They were really fun. We saw each other off and on throughout the day.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #4543
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today, after walking around the grocery store, grocery shopping, the cashier told me about a self-service car wash close by. So instead of taking my car through a drive-thru car wash, I went to the self service car wash. Omg, every muscle in my body is seemingly on 'fire'. As anyone might know, self serve car wash places might seem less expensive, because I thought it would be. LOL, it's not. It takes me time to maneuver my own body with my walking aide, so several sets of $2.50 (three times) later, I finally got my own car washed. But ,,, lol, a guy vacuuming his big truck out saw me struggling to rinse the soapy lather off my car, so he came over to help me. Even funnier, was that I didn't realize that I had to dislodge the tubing attached to the hose, so I could walk the spray nozzle gizmo around my car. We both had a good laugh over my car wash stupidity, which after laughing pretty hard, I felt smarter. LMAO, well kind of.

45 minute self serve car wash exercise activity.
45 minute grocery store shopping / walking adventure.

Equals: lots of laughter and not so happy body muscles. I'll Live another day for doing it, though.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #4544
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today was a perfect day weather-wise, like... perfect, so everyone was outside which for me means a nice, empty gym! I walked 10K steps outside (estimate: 1 hr of walking) and did the stairmaster for 30 minutes in the gym (levels, between 7 and 1). I ran into no one I knew at the gym because they were all frolicking outside!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #4545
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today was a perfect day weather-wise, like... perfect, so everyone was outside which for me means a nice, empty gym! I walked 10K steps outside (estimate: 1 hr of walking) and did the stairmaster for 30 minutes in the gym (levels, between 7 and 1). I ran into no one I knew at the gym because they were all frolicking outside!
Weather matters!

I know I haven’t been in here forever, but I have a whole new appreciation for how weather affects exercise. I was sympathetic before, but now that I lived in a place with four seasons for a few years, I’m totally empathetic. When it’s either 0° or 100° it just doesn’t happen for me, I totally wussed out and had to work out indoors which means pretty much not at all. Big props to all you folks who manage to do it.

I moved back to the coast three months ago and I’m now very happy in a Mediterranean climate. These days my exercise consists of daily outdoor walks that bring my step count to between 15,000 and 20,000 per day. 15,000 on days where I hike nearby lagoon trails, 3-4 miles, 20,000 on days where the tides cooperate and I’m out on the beach 5-7 miles. The balance is made up puttering around in my yard.

I can’t even describe how much better I feel, exercise is high on the list.

< Where I belong
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #4546
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I counted as 2 hrs 20 min of walking. I just guesstimated. I walked 18.5K steps, according to my iphone. I'm 5'2.5" so I think 5000 steps would be about 40 minutes. Does 40 minutes for 5000 steps sound right, if walking at a slow pace (the type of pace where I am literally reading stuff on my iphone as I walk)?

I walked to the gym, then walked in the gym (some stair climbing of the actual stairs, some track walking), and then walked back home. I explored some nooks of the gym I hadn't before. It's six flights and was bought and changed a bit by new people about a year ago, so I got to see things I had not noticed before. That was cool.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #4547
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Today I counted as 2 hrs 20 min of walking. I just guesstimated. I walked 18.5K steps, according to my iphone. I'm 5'2.5" so I think 5000 steps would be about 40 minutes. Does 40 minutes for 5000 steps sound right, if walking at a slow pace (the type of pace where I am literally reading stuff on my iphone as I walk)?

I walked to the gym, then walked in the gym (some stair climbing of the actual stairs, some track walking), and then walked back home. I explored some nooks of the gym I hadn't before. It's six flights and was bought and changed a bit by new people about a year ago, so I got to see things I had not noticed before. That was cool.
Sounds reasonable. My current exercise plan is “you get there when you get there“. When I am doing my walks my watch tells me I’m turning in 25 minute miles, I’m a couple of inches taller than you. I’ve heard that an average/brisk walk is 15 minutes per mile, LOL. I am a consummate stroller and frequently slow or stop to watch shorebirds, surfers, kids building sandcastles and every other excuse to just enjoy the day.

One day last week the workout program on my watch actually tapped me on the wrist to say “Are you done? Should I close the program?“ .

That six flights should count as a workout of it’s own, it’s cool that you are finding new spaces in the building, maybe the new people will add new toys.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #4548
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been a ghost in the gym for a long time now but I do regularly get exercise at work. It's not the same as dedicated workout time and effort, though. Today was a home organization day and I spent a lot of time lifting and bending and sorting and going through clothes so there's the triple benefit of movement with intention, a more fresh and clean environment and I get to donate some stuff too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 05:40 AM   #4549
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't have a lot of time yesterday but I got in a quick 15 mile bike ride.

Today will not have time for riding but that's because I get to go on a field trip to a Llama farm after work with some of the residents. I will work out hugging Llamas
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #4550
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Having had the shock at the weekend of discovering just how quickly I can lose what fitness I have if I don;t exercise for a few days, I have completed my first day getting back into the swing of things with my exercise. Which I now know, the hard way, I MUST keep doing or suffer teh consequences.

!,000 steps on the stepper achieved, plus a little light, and slow, lifting of hand dumbells.
Tomorrow's target - 1,100 plus some Tai Chi. I'm going to increase things slowly till a walk to the local shops or a day out with my friend doesn't feel exhausting again!
Old 09-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #4551
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Walking around doing errands, walking the grocery store, and carrying groceries up three flights of stairs.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #4552
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked 13,500 steps which I counted as 1 hr 40 minutes of walking. I have a little chart where I write down how long I exercised each day. I've kept if for years. It helps me literally see the big picture.

I walked half an hour at lunch. I don't work in a lovely neighborhood but whatever, it's still nice to get outside. And it is also interesting to explore.

After work I walked home, from the East side of NYC to the West Side. I cross through Central Park but so far I've been crossing on the sidewalk next to the cars, and that's really been an icky walk. I'm going to have to look at a map and figure out how to walk through the actual park, which will be lovely, as long as I don't get lost. It is nice to walk home. I love a functional walk and a destination walk.

As we enter the fall season, walking is at its finest.

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #4553
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Walked to the shops to pick up a parcel and get some milk and bread. Google maps tells me that that's 800m walk there and 800m back so 1.6m or almost exactly a mile, walking, carrying about 2kg on the way back. Also did 200 steps on the stepper before I had an anxiety attack from dealing with student finance stuff which wiped me out for the rest of the day (am better now though, and at least thats done. Should be all set for my final year now!)).
Old 09-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #4554
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I think cutting through Central Park as part of your regular commute home sounds fantastic. As long as the weather holds up I think you should go for it.

My tracking device says that yesterday was 18,500 steps for 7.3 miles, of course my walking heart rate average was only 100.

Looks like today was pretty much identical which makes sense since the tide height was the same. No place further to go.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #4555
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked for half an hour during my lunch time. And then there was the general walking that life entails. It added up to 10K (if the iphone is correct) which I counted as 1 hour and 20 minutes of walking. I work in a poor neighborhood, and I took pictures along my walk of a tree that was decorated with colored string with colored seashells hanging from it. It was cool. I love to stop and take photos of whatever catches my eye on a walk. Walks allow for peaceful observation of small details.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #4556
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I walked for half an hour during my lunch time. And then there was the general walking that life entails. It added up to 10K (if the iphone is correct) which I counted as 1 hour and 20 minutes of walking. I work in a poor neighborhood, and I took pictures along my walk of a tree that was decorated with colored string with colored seashells hanging from it. It was cool. I love to stop and take photos of whatever catches my eye on a walk. Walks allow for peaceful observation of small details.
That's pretty nice, to find a tree decorated with colored string with seashells hanging from it. I have been going for walks during my lunch hour and there's a little neighborhood restaurant, which is open only a few hours each evening during the week. They have some very pretty plants, which bloom late in the summer, early fall. I have no idea what the one blooming plant is called, but it's like a daisy (of sorts), yet when the petals fall, all that is left is what looks like a teasel. I want to find out if they mind if I cut or trim a few off, to bring home with me. Noticing one's environment in natural settings sure can make one feel better. Especially if it is something that is unexpectedly beautiful... like that tree on your walk.

Maple and Oak trees are already changing with the season... the leaves that fall to the ground are so incredibly beautiful, right now.

I even noticed a nearly full moon tonight, on my evening walk. So very beautiful, how it lofts up high in the evening sky.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:22 PM   #4557
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I went on a walk today, too, downtown with a good friend.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #4558
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked 9K steps today, which included a 30 minute walk for my lunch time at work. I counted the total as 70 minutes of walking.

Today's walk included maybe like five boys stealing some pizzas. It was like neighborhood drama. As I walked, first I watched the incident and then I listened to people talk about it. Since I work in impoverished neighborhoods there will always be stealing. I observed mixed emotions from people- very upset, a bit of excitement- It occurred in the most happening area of the neighborhood, so it generated some energy somehow.

Once I saw a man in another impoverished neighborhood leave a drug store and start getting chased. He tore off his shirt which contained many, many products from the drug store and ran. The desperation of poverty is primal.

How do I... ?
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #4559
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday I walked 8K steps which I counted as one hour, and I also did 15 minutes on the stairmaster.

Yesterday it was parent teacher night for my school so I had a significant break in between the end of the school day and the evening meetings. Thus I walked to a different branch of my gym. The walk was pretty unpleasant weather-wise. It was humid and raining, but not raining hard, more like needles that make you squint. It was exciting to go to a branch of my gym I'd never been to before. All I had time for was 15 minutes, and it was a good workout. I felt like Superman. It was exciting to use that time for a new gym adventure. Why did I feel like Superman? Because of the aspect of changing clothes and putting on a different identity to do something special to me.

My walking today was 14,500K steps which I counted as 1 hr and 50 min. Today for the first time I walked home through Central Park from work instead of walking through where the cars go. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. I walked right at the perimeter of the park and did not get lost. Not only that, I found a very straightforward beautiful trail that included ducks, geese, lake, rocks, and even a waterfall. It was just a gorgeous and peaceful walk, and the weather was perfect fall-like weather. I did not even know this part of Central Park existed. I also had a red, white, and blue popsicle during the walk that I bought at one of the stands. It was a magnificent afternoon. And now I can always walk that trail home when time and weather permit. A world opened up for me!

How do I... ?
Old 09-13-2019, 08:15 PM   #4560
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

I had a really nice 25 miles on the bike. It was 45 degrees when I left my house but 60 when I got home. I was glad I dressed in layers.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights