Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Texas Forums

Old 11-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation
Default All About Austin

So here is where we can all gather and share. Are you in Austin? Near Austin? Want to move to Austin? Want to visit Austin?

Jump on in!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been to Austin! What's it like?

*hugs*

cara
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Cara! It's a great town. There's literally ALWAYS something to do (not that I do that much.) The BF crowd here is really tight. There are parties and game nights etc. We go out for dinner every now and again.

Climate is ...well...Texan. Blistering hot in the summer but gorgeous fall and spring. Winter can get chilly but never down in the really nasty cold.

And it's situated in a great spot. 1.5 hours to San Antonio. 3 hours to Dallas. 7 hours to New Orleans. You can get to the beach at Galveston in a few hours as well.

Museums, great food, parks, people and of course the music. If you are a music fan, Austin really is the live music capital of the world.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,088 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I must admit, I've been to Austin more times than I can count, I hella heart Austin and am so glad that it's only 3 1/2 from Houston!

Austin ~ great food, fabulous people, and always a rockin' time... and the cheap drink specials on 6th Street don't hurt at all

We must not ever forget BEVO and the University of Texas ~ where burnt orange runs through veins!

Not to mention, Austin is 30 minutes away from San Marcos.... which has the BEST outlet mall I've ever been too!

**my personal service announcement for Austin, and I don't even live there**
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

wow! sounds great. i would not do well with the heat, but it sounds like a really cool place with a fab b-f community.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hello from this Austin, Texas native....I got to The Planet as soon as I could!

~Diva
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Well, I must admit, I've been to Austin more times than I can count, I hella heart Austin and am so glad that it's only 3 1/2 from Houston!

Austin ~ great food, fabulous people, and always a rockin' time... and the cheap drink specials on 6th Street don't hurt at all

We must not ever forget BEVO and the University of Texas ~ where burnt orange runs through veins!

Not to mention, Austin is 30 minutes away from San Marcos.... which has the BEST outlet mall I've ever been too!

**my personal service announcement for Austin, and I don't even live there**

Girl, I would so love to hit the outlet malls with you! I need a shopping guru and I LOVE your sense of style!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Austin SUCKS? Really surprised to see Austin in the top FIVE toxic cities.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wasn't born on the BF Planet, but I got here as fast as I could.
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Okay, we need to get a certain other few Austin folk over here.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #11
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation
Default I've only visited, buuuuutttttt

Austin is a fabulous place with FABULOUS people! I haven't seen much of the city, but the Butch-Femme community there includes some of my favorite peeps on the planet (butchfemme and Earth)
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
shariberry

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
missbehaved
Relationship Status:
Loved

shariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputation

Some of my favorite people live in and have visited Austin.

Live music, BBQ, the Hill Country, Tex-Mex...I don't think I'll ever leave!
shariberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shariberry View Post
... the Hill Country...
That probably isn't supposed to make me think about my favorite femmes and their.....umm....glorious peaks, but it does
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
shariberry

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
missbehaved
Relationship Status:
Loved

shariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel (aka BlistexLez) View Post
That probably isn't supposed to make me think about my favorite femmes and their.....umm....glorious peaks, but it does
I think of beautiful country-side, you think of cleavage.
All is right with the world
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #15
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

A list of things I want to do in Austin :

1. See the bats.
2. Go to the LBJ Memorial Library
3. Go to the Oltorff (?) Statue Garden
4. Go to the Botanical Gardens
5. Listen to a live music show anywhere
6. Walk down 6th street and just absorb
7. Go antiquing in the Hill country
8. Go to Marble Falls

And that's just a start!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

i wanna go visit austin and eat and drink my way through it : ) wonder if my baby would be up for an eating,drinking and socializing tour sometime soon : )
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #17
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post

There's a new-ish outlet mall right here in Round Rock(kinda close to the Ikea). It's not as big as the San Marcos one, but the shops are good.
blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #18
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

One of my favorite things in Austin...

moonlight towers
blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #19
shariberry

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
missbehaved
Relationship Status:
Loved

I have wanted to do this for years now:

http://www.austinsteamtrain.org/
Old 11-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #20
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Default The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook

For those of us who love to cook and love the Farmers' Market.

The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook Needs YOUR Recipes & Stories - Be a Part of Local Food Lore!

Foodies, Farmers, Food Artisans & Chefs:
Austin Farmers' Market is producing a cookbook! We invite YOU to be an integral part of the project by contributing a recipe - or two - featuring local, seasonal ingredients from Austin Farmers' Market. Choose a recipe with a story - we want to know why you love it.

In the next 3 to 5 years, Sustainable Food Center will be undertaking a capital campaign to build a permanent site housing its programs. The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook will raise funds to finally give SFC its very own home.

Visit austinfarmersmarketcookbook.com, where you can:

* Submit a recipe.
* Learn more about the mission of the book and plans for publishing.
* Fill out the online Help Form to let us know how you'd like to help with The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook.

Contact us with questions, comments, or enthusiasm at afmcookbook@gmail.com. Now get cooking!
About Sustainable Food Center
With roots dating back more than 30 years, SFC is involved in every step of the local food system from seed to table. Our mission is to cultivate a healthy community by strengthening the local food system and improving access to nutritious, affordable food.

Contact Information
Susan Leibrock
Community Relations Director
Sustainable Food Center
512-236-0074 ext. 111

Tags
austin, texas