How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Rest in Hell Forever.
You know who you are!

Yeayyyyyy
I'll bet I know who this was. Initials R.L.?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2021, 10:41 PM   #1062
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'll bet I know who this was. Initials R.L.?
May he never rest. Let's dance!
Old 02-18-2021, 08:23 AM   #1063
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Would love to do the crip walk all over his grave.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #1064
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

That was terrible. You know, hate the guy if you want. Hate his politics, that's fine. But he had loved ones mourning his loss. His death mattered to someone.

I thought we were better than that.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:29 AM   #1065
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
That was terrible. You know, hate the guy if you want. Hate his politics, that's fine. But he had loved ones mourning his loss. His death mattered to someone.

I thought we were better than that.
What’s terrible is someone who made a fortune with his divisive style of mockery and grievance while denigrating Democrats, environmentalists, “feminazis,” lesbians, and anyone who didn't support conservative-leaning white men.

I’d have a pic-nic at his grave site with loud-ass music if I could get away with it without being arrested.

Terrible, indeed.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 07:06 AM   #1066
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

rush limbaugh doesn't deserve to have his name capitolized on my book. he deff, didn't deserve the medal of freedom that trump decorated him with, he spewed hatred, in all cultures, he looked down on ethenticity, his manner was not entertaining like some would like for us to believe.I hated everything he stood for. The only solice I have is that in heaven he will learn and see a life he could have stood for and his shame will be his pennance.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #1067
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

r.l. was a precursor to Trump. He primed American society for years before Trump came along with Hatred and Lies. He played down to the very lowest of the low, and he made a fortune doing it. 45 gave him the Presidential Medal of Freedom. If you really want a quick list of the vitriol he spouted, check out his Wikipedia page. I don't really want to speak ill of the dead (at least not specifically), so I won't list it all here, but the man needed to be shut up long ago, in whatever manner.

He caused a lot more pain and suffering than any of those he left behind will ever know, and it continues to carry on through the generations.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 10:21 AM   #1068
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I never said I agreed with him. I'm actually neutral.

Let's say someone who seems much respected on this board were to pass-Rachel Maddow, for instance, whom I happen to loathe. If I were to say I would dance on her grave or call her the devil incarnate, I would be raked over the coals.

What's the difference?
Old 02-19-2021, 11:07 AM   #1069
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Let's say someone who seems much respected on this board were to pass-Rachel Maddow, for instance, whom I happen to loathe. If I were to say I would dance on her grave or call her the devil incarnate, I would be raked over the coals.

What's the difference?
Is a RIP thread really the place for this?
Old 02-19-2021, 11:24 AM   #1070
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:

What's the difference?
I'd say it's an unequal comparison. Rachel Maddow doesn't have the influence or longevity or the supporters that r.l. did. I can't imagine that r.l. was "much respected" by anyone whose opinion I would value - and if I found out that anyone I cared about did respect r.l., I would have to seriously reconsider my relationship with that person.

But I will say that I think you're the grown-up here, Gráinne. I don't feel good about myself for hating r.l.; I hold grudges for a long time, even after death, and I realize they only hurt me at that point.

- Prince
Old 02-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #1071
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Possibly not, possibly so. The nature of appropriate posts for any thread is at least tangentially related to that thread, but you're probably right, as these kinds of posts were not the intention of the OP. But I felt like I had been called out, and so I responded. I really kind of hope it ends soon, maybe with a "let's agree to disagree", or I would think it should probably be moved to its own thread.

- Prince
Old 02-19-2021, 02:04 PM   #1072
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
As long as he's dead and stays dead, i don't care where I celebrate.

Some deaths occasion an enormous outpouring of grief; some are cause for celebration.

Personally I don't care as long as he stays very very dead.

If you know of a better place I could cheer, please let me know.

Maybe I should have put this in the "What Made You Smile, Today" thread.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 07:09 PM   #1073
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Gráinne;1281261]That was terrible. You know, hate the guy if you want. Hate his politics, that's fine. But he had loved ones mourning his loss. His death mattered to someone.

This is the same man who during the 1980s celebrated the death of people from AIDS on the air.

He is no loss to humanity. If his 4th wife mourns him, well she married him.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #1074
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

What's the difference?

Wow you only feel "neutral" about someone as hateful and despicable as Rush Limbaugh but you loathe Rachel Maddow? That is truly, truly unreal. Limbaugh spent time on his radio show celebrating the deaths of AIDS victims, among many, many other truly despicable acts. It was called "AIDS Update" where he read out the names of gay people who had died and celebrated with horns and bells.

I personally don't want to dance on his grave but I am very, very relieved that such a hateful person is gone. I am also very happy that he never had any offspring.

The best response I have seen to his death was from an Instagram account called "Liberal Scum" that raised $400,000 for Planned Parenthood in Limbaugh's honor.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 08:01 PM   #1075
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
. . .I don't feel good about myself for hating r.l.; I hold grudges for a long time, even after death, and I realize they only hurt me at that point.
It’s ok—essential, even—to speak the truth about people who caused great harm.

Even after their death.

via -Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg, MSNBC Daily Columnist
Old 02-19-2021, 10:59 PM   #1076
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Sigh...I was meaning was the RIP thread the place where all celebrate Rush Limbaugh's demise? Why not start a whole new thread for that? There was debate of things in the RIP thread. I kinda think RIP is meant to honor someone who has passed who has changed our lives for the better (or the worse).
Old 02-20-2021, 01:17 AM   #1077
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

What's the difference?
You're neutral about RL? Are you sure? This is who we're discussing:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rush-...b66809cb30ad57

Besides his relentless hatred of our own people who were suffering and dying of a terrible disease, here's an itty bitty sample from his decades of bigotry and hate spewing:

"A full accounting of Limbaugh’s lies and exaggerations; his racism and his misogyny; his homophobia and his Islamophobia; and his sheer cruelty could fill books — and have — but even a cursory overview of his lowlights makes his prejudice clear.

In 2003, he was forced to resign from ESPN after stating that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was only receiving praise because the media was “very desirous that a Black quarterback do well.” In 2004, Limbaugh said the NBA should be renamed the T.B.A. —“the Thug Basketball Association.” He then added: “Stop calling them teams. Call ’em gangs.” He similarly whined that watching the NFL was like watching “a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons.”

Once, after arguing with a Black man who called into his show, he told the caller to “take that bone out of your nose and call me back.“ Another time, Limbaugh asked his audience, “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?” while discussing the Black civil rights activist and politician. Limbaugh once ludicrously asserted that “if any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it’s Caucasians.” He invited a guest on air who sang “Barack, the Magic Negro” to the tune of “Puff, the Magic Dragon.” In 2016, he read an essay on air that had been penned by a well-known white supremacist.

Limbaugh’s radio career was also one long exercise in misogyny, perhaps best summed up by his thesis that “feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.”

In one of his most infamous episodes, he called Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute” in 2012 after she testified in Congress about the importance of women having access to birth control. "

You're neutral about the dude that spews this crap, but you loathe Rachel Maddow. What's up with that, Grainne?
Old 03-02-2021, 04:34 PM   #1078
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Default Vernon Jordan

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/02/u...rdan-dead.html
Old 03-02-2021, 05:30 PM   #1079
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Oh Bless you dear Cheryl. I am so very tired of the "neutrals " who never speak up but whose eyes always go to the basement door when the Gestapo asks where the Jews are hiding.

Take a stand or get off the planet. The only place you get free rent is in Hell.

Why should everyone else have to carry the weight.

Being neutral doesn't make you a good person. It makes you an unethical bloodsucker surviving on the courage (for better or worse) of others.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2021, 01:53 AM   #1080
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

The amazing writer Beverly Cleary has died at the age of 104. She wrote incredible children’s books, including the Henry Huggins and Ramona Quimby series. She was from Portland Oregon and I lived near Klickatat Street at one point - where Henry and Ramona lived.

My favorite book when I was very young - under the age of 5 - was The Mouse And The Motorcycle. It was about a mouse who lived in a hotel. A boy came to stay there with his family and had a toy motorcycle. The mouse would ride the motorcycle around at night on adventures. I loved that book so much. My parents read it to me so many times that I ended up memorizing it and how I got started learning how to read before I went to kindergarten.

Thank you Beverly Cleary for bringing so much happiness to me as a child.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: