Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Cuddles

How Do You Identify?:
A romantic butch who loves to cuddle... and steal your french fry when you're not looking!
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference.
Relationship Status:
Single, always looking to mingle and maybe be tamed one day

Cuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST Reputation
Default "You should grow your hair out longer" lol

I've gotten two compliments on my haircut from random strangers this week. I'm used to a few compliments here and there.... and then there's my coworker this week who's a sweet, korean lady about 25 years older than me. I laughed cause she said, "You should grow your hair out longer, I like longer hair. Grow it out please!".

She's too sweet and too naive for me to get into a discussion about what being butch is all about. She's the kind of woman that hears a curse word from someone and audibly gasps in horror.

Still... she's quirky and fun and I'm cool with it lol. Just sharing randomness lol.
Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuddles For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
I've gotten two compliments on my haircut from random strangers this week. I'm used to a few compliments here and there.... and then there's my coworker this week who's a sweet, korean lady about 25 years older than me. I laughed cause she said, "You should grow your hair out longer, I like longer hair. Grow it out please!".

She's too sweet and too naive for me to get into a discussion about what being butch is all about. She's the kind of woman that hears a curse word from someone and audibly gasps in horror.

Still... she's quirky and fun and I'm cool with it lol. Just sharing randomness lol.
Being butch is all about having short hair?

Oh boy, are you setting yourself up for some ass whooping. LOL...

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You know Cuddles, seriously. I have dated a couple butches with long hair. Short hair does not make the butch. Long hair does not make the femme or visa versa.

Diversity is the key.

Wear it like you wanna...be yourself. Above all else...be happy.

p.s. Randomness is fun

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
boobookitty

How Do You Identify?:
I like the tag Lipstick Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
not picky, but male pronouns are soothing to the psyche
Relationship Status:
not looking for more than friends

boobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post

Words
LOL... I am smiling and laughing-- My natural hair is LONG, like 36 inches long.
I wear wigs for a short hair 'look'... I posted a picture of me with a very short wig on FB and I had 3 emails then a phone call... all to find out if I had really cut my hair. 'NO' LOL... when Betty Boop, Mrs. Brady, June Cleaver (Leave it to Beaver) and the Mom, from Father Knows Best. (the list could go on forever)
All become butch icons, then maybe... MAYBE, ... short hair will make someone butch.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

at least she's not saying you should be married lol (the heterosexual way). or asking why not, and why no kids lol.

we must not forget the butch helped make the mullet a hot trend LOL.

i do know quite a few butches with longer hair. mine is about on my shoulders. but no mullet lol.

good for you on the cool haircut, cuddles. looking good!
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

Poor Cuddles, in all fairness, short hair is more a butch trend. Now, I'm gonna get my hand slapped for NOT being diverse, and I do know there are butch folks with LONG hair, but....still. I get your post.

And I love you sister Pricessbelle! muah.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink View Post
Poor Cuddles, in all fairness, short hair is more a butch trend. Now, I'm gonna get my hand slapped for NOT being diverse, and I do know there are butch folks with LONG hair, but....still. I get your post.

And I love you sister Pricessbelle! muah.
I love you sister of the pure pinkness.

And can i just say, because i probably, most likely, i'm almost positive at this...stand alone with this statement BUT

I loved the mullets. I thought they were sexy, still do.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

ooo no princessbelle! say it ain't so! lol

i'm sure there are lots of butches that can make a mullet look sexy, indeed.

the percentage is for sure high, ... more butches with short hair. surely to goodness.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

hahaha this thread is funny!!! I love all the replies...and yes one should wear their hair the way they are most comfortable with. I wear mine short on sides and tops..and longer in back. In fact, mine is "longer" than my GF's...and we neither one are "defined" Butch OR Femme by hair length..being BUTCH or Femme is much deeper than damn hair length....jus' sayin'....carry on....rotflmao

PS THANK YOU Belle! I HATE that word "mullet" but like the "business in front and party in back" haircuts! grins
Old 03-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Words
LOL

I was sort of thinking the same thing...

Cause this femme like the #3 guard on her clippers and don't forget the neck... While her butch wears her hair just about to the middle of her back... (when I'm not cutting on it..heheh)

But the sun is shining, I'm not at work, and I understood that the butch in question was talking about what is butch for her/him....
Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

I have extremely short hair but it has nothing to do with my identity. I simply hate having more than the minimum amount of hair.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
funkyfemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Gamey as Fuck
Relationship Status:
I move from person to person real quick.

Thanked 2,824 Times in 662 Posts
funkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer short hair on a butch but if they can rock the longer hair then, yeah, go for it. Anything but the Mullet, please. I just cannot handle the Mulls.
funkyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to funkyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
vixenagogo

How Do You Identify?:
unabashedly femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
i prefer being proadverb.
Relationship Status:
single.

Thanked 1,260 Times in 381 Posts
vixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputation
Default lather.rinse.repeat.

do we really *always* have to split hairs?
vixenagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vixenagogo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

workin on a combover.. back to front... grinz
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
Cuddles

How Do You Identify?:
A romantic butch who loves to cuddle... and steal your french fry when you're not looking!
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference.
Relationship Status:

Cuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST ReputationCuddles Has the BEST Reputation

I should have said "what being butch is all about TO ME (as in my personal preference for ME)"... my apologies.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cuddles For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, this thread certainly caught my attention, especially the OP

I have no words to describe what is playing in my mind right now

Will I lose my butch card for having long hair?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #17
Cuddles

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Wow, this thread certainly caught my attention, especially the OP

I have no words to describe what is playing in my mind right now

Will I lose my butch card for having long hair?

No and you should all not take what I said personal either. It was a comment directed at me about a random encounter with my co-worker.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cuddles For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

thank you, cuddles. for sharing with us. always. i love a sense of humor.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

My director is Japanese and every time she sees me... She says "Ju please grow out your hair." "I like long hair." And just as a side note: Short Hair is not a butch thing! Short hair is simply that. Short Hair!!! Being Butch is not about how short you wear your hair... It's more about who you are inside. If that were the case, you might as well just call me butch. I have been completely bald - crew cut - flat top and now this length.

Julie (Just call me Butch).

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Words
I didn't read the OP as stating that being butch is all about... short hair--I did read her as saying that she didn't want to have a conversation with a co-worker about what *butch* means.

Am I way off?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post: