Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 07-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #761
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I have not been here in forever!

Yes, EMDR seems to really help me process. It is exhausting though, so I can only do a few minutes at a time, on days when I can go on home and don't have to go back to work. I am not sure why.

My PTSD comes and goes. I try to be careful with stress, who I am around and loud noises etc. I've been having difficulty sleeping lately. Even when I take Ambien. I hope that passes soon.

Love to all of you and hope your symptoms are not too bad right now.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #762
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I also find EMDR exhausting and can only do it when I am in a more stable frame of mind. Otherwise I run the risk of completely decompensating and dissociating in my session and it's a mess. I think it's a great tool and I do find it helpful but I do not by any means do it constantly.

My heart goes out to everyone struggling right now. I'm having a hard time myself.

TRIGGER WARNING: Childhood sexual abuse, incest, seeing one's abuser

I kinda feel like even trigger warnings can be triggering so I apologize but I need to get this out. Starting as early as three years old (this is my earliest memory of this), I was sexually abused by my uncle. No one in the family knows except my sister. This is a personal decision based on the fact that I think it would cause huge drama in my family and adult life and give me no relief or benefit. So please, I do not want the advice if telling my family. Actually I'm not really here for advice at all but just support.

So, because no one knows about him I force myself to endure seeing him in certain family get togethers. I know he knows I know. I saw him this past 4th of July and had to endure two hugs and being called sweetheart by him.

I've been kind of off my rocker since then. I skipped therapy the past two weeks because I feel like I just can't deal. Not my best decisions but I'm just going day by day here. My symptoms are really bad and I've been super stressed out.

I feel really vulnerable putting this information out there for the public but I feel the folks of this thread will understand and hold space for me.

Thank you for reading.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #763
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
t I feel the folks of this thread will understand and hold space for me.

Thank you for reading.
Absolutely holding space for you. And I'm really glad I'll see you in person soon. All the hugs and support.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 07:22 PM   #764
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default EMDR

I agree that after some sessions of EMDR I am exhausted, out of sorts and feel like I need to sleep for a week. My counselor told me that we finish processing the event during REM sleep. If I'm not able to sleep deeply the week can be a bit of a roller coaster ride.

The exhaustion and feeling ill at ease seems to happen to me after a facing an intense incident. It is especially ruff if the session ends in the middle of processing something big and it is not cleared. It seems to take a week to fully assimilate the energy shifts for me.

Big hugs to you all!
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 10:52 PM   #765
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holding Space

I like that idea of holding space, CCB. I will definitely hold space not only for you, but for myself and other survivors as well.

I've been attending therapy weekly, every Monday night, right after work, for nearly a year now. Some times sessions are super intense, other times not so much, but mostly each session has its own intensity.

I'm actually taking a few weeks off from therapy in August because my therapist is moving on in their doctoral program and her supervisor and other board certified staff have presented a compelling case for me to try EMDR. So when I return to continue therapy in September, I'll be working with a new therapist and committing another stretch of time to work within the framework of EMDR. From what my therapist said, I'll only go two to three time a month -- kind of like go weekly for three weeks, take a week to rest, then resume the same pattern of therapy: On for three weeks, off one week.

I have severe PTSD and on top of it, my introversion is very strong. Too much of any social interaction makes me "run" in the opposite direction. I also do not like being touched or hugged, which closely aligns with prior times in life where unwelcome touch has taken place in my life.

So holding space is exactly the solution that works best for me.

Sending peaceful energy to all,

K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #766
Witch

How Do You Identify?:
Bitch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Slave
Relationship Status:
single

Witch is on a distinguished road

Symptoms of PTSD can include:
Hypervigilance and scanning
Elevated startle response (check)
Blunted affect, psychic numbing (check)
Aggressive, controlling behavior (a high degree of insistence on getting your way) (check)
Interruption of memory and concentration(check)
Depression (check)
Violent eruptions of rage (check)
Substance abuse (check)
Intrusive recall -- different from normal memory in that it brings with it stress and anxiety (check)
Dissociative experiences, including dissociative flashbacks (check)
Insomnia(check)
Suicidal ideation (check)
Survivor guilt
Old 07-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #767
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Holding space for all of us!

CCB, I hope he is old and dies...I mean, goes into a nursing home soon, then you won't have to see him. The good part about getting older is that for me, those people are not still around! Sending love and space and holding the high watch for you as you process.

Welcome Witch, looks like you found the right place! xoxoxo

Amulette and K - I can only stand EMDR form time to time. Take care of yourselves. Baths, plenty of sleep and lots of water.

K - dearest friend. Best to you in your new EMDR endeavor. It does help blur the edges of the pain. It's difficult at the time, but I can really tell the difference over time. I have also had brain spotting, which is similar but not as difficult to process.

Its a decent week for me. I am not sleeping well, but also not hiding under my desk at loud sounds. I struggle with maybe getting a less stressful job, but think what I do is important.

Sweet calming vibes to all of you!
Old 07-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #768
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I did some self care this week that really helped me. I set some boundaries for those around me and I have been working on creating a welcoming space for myself. We had to do some rearranging in our home to make sure that everyone has the spaces they need, but, its helping already... even with the stacked boxes I am trying to sort through I still feel like my space is more of what I need, and my daughter is feeling the same way in her new space.

What do you all do to create safe spaces for yourself? What things help you feel comfortable? What things do you absolutly need for that feeling of security?
Old 07-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #769
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I did some self care this week that really helped me. I set some boundaries for those around me and I have been working on creating a welcoming space for myself. We had to do some rearranging in our home to make sure that everyone has the spaces they need, but, its helping already... even with the stacked boxes I am trying to sort through I still feel like my space is more of what I need, and my daughter is feeling the same way in her new space.

What do you all do to create safe spaces for yourself? What things help you feel comfortable? What things do you absolutly need for that feeling of security?
What a great post! I have to have my own space too! Its weird too, sometimes I have to move things around till I feel safe. I recently moved and have boxes too lol. Its a studio basically 2 large rooms and I had one as living room and one as kitchen/bedroom. I did not feel right in that room...so I (with help) moved my bed into the larger living room and it feels perfect. I have huge windows with lots of trees and it calms me. It is in a huge house built in the 1920s, separated into studios. Nashville has gotten hellishly expensive. Anyway, having people in the house at night, but not in my space, is really helpful. I am not scared that way.

I'm working on getting unpacked. I organized my books last weekend and that gave me a sense of calm too.

Ohhhh, and I have always had a grocery store phobia thing where I get overwhelmed and have to leave. However, something I find is helping is that I do not have to explain to anyone what I bought, and why....and things can go in my bags how I want....and I am less stressed about it.

Even at work, I have my own office and I got floral paintings at a church festival and international gifts from clients to decorate. I had maintenance take out almost all of the overhead lighting. Too much bright light makes me anxious.

I am super glad to hear you are carving out space for you and that your daughter has a mom who understand she needs her own space.

Sending love your way!

J
Old 07-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #770
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~

I've always had a need for my own space to be uncluttered. If things are not in their place I feel disorganized and out of sync. If my bedroom is not in pie order at bedtime, I know I won't be getting a good nights rest.

I attribute this to childhood trauma, which at this point, I'd rather not get into.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #771
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~

I've always had a need for my own space to be uncluttered. If things are not in their place I feel disorganized and out of sync. If my bedroom is not in pie order at bedtime, I know I won't be getting a good nights rest.

I attribute this to childhood trauma, which at this point, I'd rather not get into.
I like my space fairly uncluttered....unless, someone else is trying to control my space...then, something inside me flips and my area is a disaster. Some sort of inner rebellion going back to childhood too probably.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:34 PM   #772
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you all for your kindness and being willing to read my post and hold the space for me I asked for--easygoingfemme, Katzchen, Apocslipstic, Amulette, Jenn. I hope I'm not forgetting anyone!!! Welcome Witch.

Jenn, I'm so glad you're working on creating space that works for you. That's so important. I also need my own safe space that's just mine. I have my own bedroom even though I live with my girlfriend. It works for us.

Partially I do need this because of past trauma and needing to be able to have a space I can control. I use it for my tarot, witchy rituals and spells, journaling, and painting. Also meditating when I get around to it. It's soooo nice to have that space and I'm lucky to have it as well as a partner that understands my need for it and not only respects it but is not offended that I need it.

TRIGGER WARNING: Talk of an abuser

Apocslipstic: unfortunately my uncle is alive and well and will probably not kick the bucket any time soon. I wish he would. But for now I have mostly reconciled to the fact that I will see him at times. It's worth it to guarantee I get to have a relationship with my parents and cousins and their kids.

Anyway. Therapy on Tuesday. I will finally talk about seeing him and stop avoiding it.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 03:51 PM   #773
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

CCB, I like to have my own bedroom too and totally appreciate if my partner is not threatened by this. Sometimes, I even need to sleep alone if I am having a bad night.

Ugh, so sorry your uncle is so young.

Best at therapy!

all!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #774
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I had an insight last week about why i always feel so sick with shame and dread the day after family/social/work functions that require extended interpersonal interactions with people who have not made my "safe" list.

I always spend the whole next day ruminating over my behavior and looking for shameful things that i did that might match up with the horrible feeling of having exposed myself.

In the past i have usually been able to identify some comment i made that seems thoughtless in retrospect and then i will connect all of my yucky feelings with that, and just shame myself for whatever i have identified as my own bad behavior.

Earlier this month, though, i spent a day feeling shamed about my behavior at an author event-- but, try as i might, i just could not find anything i had done that justified the shame.

Like, i had not spoken to anyone at all-- i just came in looking beautiful and sat listening respectfully, then waited in line to have my book signed and thanked the author for coming. Then i went home and i did not actually interact with anyone except the author and the lady next to me who asked my favorite of the author's titles. There was nothing at all in my own behavior that i could pin the yucky feelings to.

Last weekend the same thing happened. I had a very intense day at my dad's birthday, with four different traumatizers in the mix, and the next day i felt shame and regret and i still could not identify anything i had done that was at all problematic.

I have figured out that i am not feeling shame and regret, i am feeling exposure and vulnerability, and that these are not connected to my behavior.

Being around unsafe people makes me feel vulnerable and exposed, but i cannot function in the situation with those emotions at the surface, so i seal them up and push them down while the interaction is happening. The next day, when i am safely out of the situation, the feelings come to the surface to be felt and then i assign them a cause from my own behavior because i was raised to blame myself for everything.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #775
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I had an insight last week about why i always feel so sick with shame and dread the day after family/social/work functions that require extended interpersonal interactions with people who have not made my "safe" list.

I always spend the whole next day ruminating over my behavior and looking for shameful things that i did that might match up with the horrible feeling of having exposed myself.

In the past i have usually been able to identify some comment i made that seems thoughtless in retrospect and then i will connect all of my yucky feelings with that, and just shame myself for whatever i have identified as my own bad behavior.

Earlier this month, though, i spent a day feeling shamed about my behavior at an author event-- but, try as i might, i just could not find anything i had done that justified the shame.

Like, i had not spoken to anyone at all-- i just came in looking beautiful and sat listening respectfully, then waited in line to have my book signed and thanked the author for coming. Then i went home and i did not actually interact with anyone except the author and the lady next to me who asked my favorite of the author's titles. There was nothing at all in my own behavior that i could pin the yucky feelings to.

Last weekend the same thing happened. I had a very intense day at my dad's birthday, with four different traumatizers in the mix, and the next day i felt shame and regret and i still could not identify anything i had done that was at all problematic.

I have figured out that i am not feeling shame and regret, i am feeling exposure and vulnerability, and that these are not connected to my behavior.

Being around unsafe people makes me feel vulnerable and exposed, but i cannot function in the situation with those emotions at the surface, so i seal them up and push them down while the interaction is happening. The next day, when i am safely out of the situation, the feelings come to the surface to be felt and then i assign them a cause from my own behavior because i was raised to blame myself for everything.
Oh wow! Great post and processing! I might do something similar to that. I have shame and regret issues too. I know that if I am super attracted to someone, its probably fear, not attraction. Maybe my shame is tied to other things too.

I get it and am so impressed that you have been able to name your feelings. I have such a difficult time with feelings. I do know what they are now, so progress. But still.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #776
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight at my therapy counseling session, I met the new therapist who will take over in September. She's a Transgender Woman and she is simply soft-spoken and welcoming and she is able to accommodate my work schedule. So because she isn't available on a couple Saturdays a month, I'll be seeing her three times a month, on Wednesday nights, at a much later time, due to horrific traffic conditions in our metro area. The lesbian therapist I've been seeing for about a year now, was terribly happy that the Transgendered Woman and I hit it off, during our introductory meeting tonight.

Also, we are only going to do one session of EMDR once a month, then use two follow-up appts to process the one EMDR session.

Slowly guided and safe processing is the goal.

Next week is my last session with my year long placement with my therapist. So we plan to use our hour of time wisely and make plans for the transition in September to my new therapist.

I'm feeling hopeful about progress I have made so far, but look forward to expanded healing as time goes by.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #777
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was dumped by my counselor last week. I'm not getting a substitute because apparently he and his supervisors have decided no further work needs to be done. Or maybe can be done or – I don't know.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #778
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I was dumped by my counselor last week. I'm not getting a substitute because apparently he and his supervisors have decided no further work needs to be done. Or maybe can be done or – I don't know.

Is it publicly funded? I know the President has cut a lot of funding. So angry and sorry for this setback for you. Are there other resources in your area?
Old 07-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #779
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I'm so sorry. That's really crappy they're not giving you a substitute. That's happened to me before and it sucks. Are you ok? Do you have any other local resources?

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #780
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

No I'm okay, actually doing well. I wound up in therapy because I began having exaggerated startle response experiences again. This after years and years without them. So I had to go back to see why this seemingly resolved a long time ago issue was cropping back up again, this when I wasn't experiencing any new traumatic events to account for it.

Fortunately I have coverage. However there are low cost, even some no cost options for those in our community who don't. Or do, but have coverage that's so limited, even though they're working they still wind up using some of these same services. Also there are also a lot of resources in our community for people who need support but not formal therapy -12 Step meetings, religious programs, other self help things like that.

Though I've been booted out of counseling I will continue to see a psychiatrist for med management. I can't remember now what they said, I think four times a year, but it might have been every three months. For anxiety and sleep. I never needed meds for either before but without meds I'm still somewhat anxious and sometimes have difficulty sleeping because of all the health things I've been though.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: