suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation
Smile "Nail" me!

Okay. I'm woman enough to admit it: I've never taken care of my nails. I need help. I've done some research and I've found some videos on youtube (they've got EVERYTHING on that site!), but with the bevy of femmes on this site I figured I have access to my very own panel of experts.

Any advice for this poor ole country girl?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

hey ya there...
for a moment thought ur nail me.. was about ahhh a handsome butch nailing umm you.. lol
id give anything to meet a nice gentlemen , hunky butch/TG to ahh nail me.. LOL ..
but they all seem to like them girly girl High
maintenance ones... im assuming i'll be single for the rest of my life.. oh well.
now about them nails...
im a country type of gal myself..i see your a country girl too cool .i do have nails.. and keep them at a nice length.
i dont wear them long plastic things.. and i do my best to keep them clean and trimed up nice, with the job i have sometimes its hard for us working girls . ( truck driving femme here) lol
i like to polish them up now and then.
hope this helps......

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, if you're a hardworking girl such as yourself it must be a challenge!

My number one problem is that my nails break at the slightest provocation. I'm sure I can improve that a little if I get the right products. They're healthy, just fragile.

Number two problem - and I'm currently trying to deal with this - is my cuticles. If I could sell them by the pound I'd be a rich woman. If only Madge were still around today! (if you're under 45 you probably won't "get" the Madge reference - that's for us "mature" women! )
Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

I love my claws....

If you pop vitamin e pills, the oil on your nail it helps them, cuticles and all..

I am always moving my hands or using them so I tend to break my claws if they get to long...

as for your predicament morningstar..

I would suggest finding a counterpart that likes you for you, and then nailing them as hard as you get nailed....
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

Well yes I agree it would be nice to be nailed by a gentlemen...but then would a gentleman really "nail" you..hummm food for thought!!

Now as for them nails...
I am a nurse and in water all the time and those purell sanitzers dont help much. Keeping your hands and nailbed well lubricated (heheheehehe) i know i am bad...but it helps...I like the goldbond products they dont leave the wet, overly lubbed feeling...as I am applying said lotion to the hands I am also massaging my nailbed and cuticles. I do this while at a red light in the car, or watching TV and after shower and oh ues doing dishes. That seems to help especially in the cold weather. I try to be careful with my finances, being single is hard on the purse, so I dont go to het the manicure thing done very often. Instead I have one of those 7 sided nail files which smooth and buff....actually I have found that this really helps to strengthen...my nails tend to be very thin and brittle, the peel and break if you look at them funny. So I do this about every 2 weeks and it helps some. Applying harders everyday will also help...do it while watching the evening news or your fav show....you are sitting there doing nothing anyway. Just some suggestions..I hope it helps. I am going to try the vit E....
Princess4u is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Princess4u For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

This afternoon I was shopping and picked up some vitamin E capsules.

My favorite hand cream is a German product called "Glysomed". It was suggested to me by a woman who produces hand-made evergreen wreaths each fall. She says it saved her hands. Anyone I've ever introduced to it is impressed. It's in lime/forest green flat jar. (not tested on animals)

My favorite nail tool is a glass nail file.They're normally fairly pricey, but my girl found one at a surplus store for Six bucks. Unfortunately it got broken, and I haven't been able to find one as nice since. If you've never tried a really thin glass file then you don't know what you're missing.

To tell the truth, even if I could afford to go to a salon to get my nails done I'm a little bit scared of fungal infections. And in any case I'm really enjoying getting back into the habit of pampering myself a bit.

Any other tips out there?

Enquiring s want to know!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I would love to have long nails but Im way too rough on them. They get broken and chipped all the time so I have resigned myself to having short nails.

They are currently painted "Ruby Pumps" which is a great glittery red
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My nails grow fast, strong and for many years I grew my own natural nails. Like Medusa its almost impossible for me to keep them nice, being on the farm, gardening, etc.

Use essential oil
rosemary, tea tree, lemon, vita E

the lemon will help whiten discolored nails. Rub this oil into your nails at night. A few nights a week is enough.

Do not cut your cuticles. They will only grow back more. Take an cuticle stick and gently push them back when you are oiling your nails.

To bring luster and shine- get a file
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sephora-Brand-4-Step-Buffer/dp/B000S6BUFA/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_3"]Amazon.com: Sephora Brand 4-Step Buffer: Beauty[/ame]

simply follow the steps- numbers. It will buff your nails to a beautiful sexy shine and all natural. You will love it

I do grow my nails a bit even on the farm but thats mostly to scratch my pets. lol - seriously. I also suspect I'll be using them to scratch a back soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Once upon a luncheon.. I heard Ms Medusa say...

"It was the FUCK ME IN THE ASS red nail polish color"

*I* personally avoid that particular color...

I would drip it all over the boys back though for the tapping it from behind visiual stimulation purpose....

That is all...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Once upon a luncheon.. I heard Ms Medusa say...

"It was the FUCK ME IN THE ASS red nail polish color"

*I* personally avoid that particular color...

I would drip it all over the boys back though for the tapping it from behind visiual stimulation purpose....

That is all...
*snort*

OMG. I had completely forgot about that! But I must say the look on your face was fucking PRICELESS!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

You never know what you might find when you open up a thread around here.

My tips:
Always use a clear topcoat over your polish.
It's worth it to pay a little more for a brand like OPI because it will last much longer.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #12
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

go to a horse tack store and buy a jar of corona horse hoof moisturizer. Seriously. Use it every day on your nails..rub it especially on the nail bed. Use it between coats of polish and use it before you put on fresh polish. I am telling you..your nails will be so strong and grow so long!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
*snort*

OMG. I had completely forgot about that! But I must say the look on your face was fucking PRICELESS!

I want you to know I respect Jack highly..

I kept my eyes down when it came to looking at your ass for the rest of the weekend...

Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
Okay. I'm woman enough to admit it: I've never taken care of my nails. I need help. I've done some research and I've found some videos on youtube (they've got EVERYTHING on that site!), but with the bevy of femmes on this site I figured I have access to my very own panel of experts.

Any advice for this poor ole country girl?
Quote:
Yes, if you're a hardworking girl such as yourself it must be a challenge!

My number one problem is that my nails break at the slightest provocation. I'm sure I can improve that a little if I get the right products. They're healthy, just fragile.

Number two problem - and I'm currently trying to deal with this - is my cuticles. If I could sell them by the pound I'd be a rich woman. If only Madge were still around today! (if you're under 45 you probably won't "get" the Madge reference - that's for us "mature" women! )

1. I'm under 45 and I GOT your Madge reference so THERE! *sticks tongue out*

2. Get a cheap bottle of prenatal vitamins. Take half the recommended dose daily. For most brands, the recommended dose is 2 capsules, so only take one. If the usual dose is 1, cut it in half. Take daily for two reasons. One, you need a vitamin anyway, right? Two, the stuff that's good for making babies is good for strengthening and hardening nails. Oh, and your hair will be stronger too!

3. The e suggestion was great! If you run out of those, you can use a creamy, thick lotion every night before bed and rub some on your cuticles. If you can stand it, do the whole hand and then put a soft glove or sock on each hand. I, however, can't sleep with those things on. But some can.

4. Glass files are better than most for your nails, so you are onto something good there. However, HOW you file is as important as what you file with. One direction only is the recommended way. Honestly, I can't do that (I'm a side to side-r) but it is recommended since the sawing motion weakens nails and the bed.

5. Get a manicure. You don't have to do the polish if you don't want to. In my area, a simple mani runs about 10 American bucks. I don't do it all the time, but once I did start "regularly" (once every 8-9 weeks) getting a mani, I noticed my nails were stronger, especially the sides of the nails. The manicurist tends to file them properly, whereas I just do it any ole which way.

6. Use Sally Hansen nail products. They have a hardener that is great. Hard as Nails or something. You can't go wrong with Sally Hansen, though, if the products are available to you waaaay up there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #15
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
1. I'm under 45 and I GOT your Madge reference so THERE! *sticks tongue out*

2. Get a cheap bottle of prenatal vitamins. Take half the recommended dose daily. For most brands, the recommended dose is 2 capsules, so only take one. If the usual dose is 1, cut it in half. Take daily for two reasons. One, you need a vitamin anyway, right? Two, the stuff that's good for making babies is good for strengthening and hardening nails. Oh, and your hair will be stronger too!

3. The e suggestion was great! If you run out of those, you can use a creamy, thick lotion every night before bed and rub some on your cuticles. If you can stand it, do the whole hand and then put a soft glove or sock on each hand. I, however, can't sleep with those things on. But some can.

4. Glass files are better than most for your nails, so you are onto something good there. However, HOW you file is as important as what you file with. One direction only is the recommended way. Honestly, I can't do that (I'm a side to side-r) but it is recommended since the sawing motion weakens nails and the bed.

5. Get a manicure. You don't have to do the polish if you don't want to. In my area, a simple mani runs about 10 American bucks. I don't do it all the time, but once I did start "regularly" (once every 8-9 weeks) getting a mani, I noticed my nails were stronger, especially the sides of the nails. The manicurist tends to file them properly, whereas I just do it any ole which way.

6. Use Sally Hansen nail products. They have a hardener that is great. Hard as Nails or something. You can't go wrong with Sally Hansen, though, if the products are available to you waaaay up there.
Well if they're not available waaaaaay up here I can always go waaaaay down south the the United States of America and get some. (I think it's about eight miles)

Thanks Gemmie.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well if they're not available waaaaaay up here I can always go waaaaay down south the the United States of America and get some. (I think it's about eight miles)

Thanks Gemmie.
Yeah, and you have an 'in' with American stuff too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #17
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
go to a horse tack store and buy a jar of corona horse hoof moisturizer. Seriously. Use it every day on your nails..rub it especially on the nail bed. Use it between coats of polish and use it before you put on fresh polish. I am telling you..your nails will be so strong and grow so long!
that stuff is awsome... i have always kept some around my house for yrs.
works great on sunburn... takes the sting away faster then anything out there...
your local Tractor Supply store sells it.

CyberSue. i see you have Tonawada posted there.... hmm I live over by Tonawanda NY ..

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yeah, and you have an 'in' with American stuff too.
Uh.....yeah......American STUFF! That's right.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
that stuff is awsome... i have always kept some around my house for yrs.
works great on sunburn... takes the sting away faster then anything out there...
your local Tractor Supply store sells it.

CyberSue. i see you have Tonawada posted there.... hmm I live over by Tonawanda NY ..
Well.....it's not QUITE Tonawanda.....It's more like

TOWANDA!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXZs3mjGlQU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Fried Green Tomatoes favourite scene1a[/ame]
Old 02-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #19
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

hummmm i will have a large shopping list of girl things this week....but never thought I would end up at tractor supply for beauty aids LOL but I am on my way
Old 02-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

My usual dietary supplement is apparently no longer being made, but the same company that made my old one is making a new one called Hair, Skin and Nails. It's by OneSource. I'm trying it out now and it seems to be working fine. I haven't noticed a negative result in using it, so I think I'm on the right track.

The pills are an odd color of green and I initially thought I'd have Incredible Hulk green pee (as some supplements tend to add colors you never knew you could produce) but I've been horribly disappointed. Normal pee. Not a trace of green. I'm thinking of writing the company and complaining.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
manicure