Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation
Default Leaving 2013 wiser: What good things have you learned in the last year?

Not every ending is a bad thing. Goodbyes have their place.

A new year is, by general consensus, a good time to pause and reflect.

I wonder, what have you learned, in life, in love, in work, in school, in family and friends in this year?

2013 taught me that often the best help I can offer someone, is not to give them advice, a diagnosis, or directions. Instead, the powerful thing I can give them is structure, space, and presence for them to create their own answers, make their own conclusions, and time to create their own next actions. And that this applies in my job as a nurse, as well as my roles of partner, friend, daughter and cousin. I also learned that I need a lot of practice at this.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

i've learned that i am not out here alone. through serious misfortune, i've learned that i am loved and respected, and that it would matter if i weren't here.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

2013 was an amazing year!

Definitely learned to navigate some health and family stuff and let myself have room to be scared and angsty when going through the processes. I'm a tough motherfucker. That was reiterated over and over again this year.

There were a couple of themes that kept coming up for me over and over this year: truth, justice, karma, work, reward, love, resolve, patience, determination.

The world is full of ugly and there are certainly a lot of black-hearted, mentally ill people to do the bidding of uglyness but the wall that is love surrounds me and shields me from all of that acid. It is not my job to dish out karma, nor is it within me to wish ill on people and I have definitely learned this year to keep swimming in my lane and let people's actions rock their own waters.

Lots of opportunities over the last year to show up for my loved ones too. Lots of ways to accept help when offered and learn how to ask for help. It's all been a nice process. Difficult at times, but wonderful.

I'm looking forward to 2014!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 PM   #4
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that running away from problems doesn't solve anything, and family and friends far outweigh money and work. This is something I wish I knew in 2013... But instead I'm sitting here in Denver freezing my butt off.

2014 is the year to get my shit together and...

Goin....
Goin...
Going back to Cali

(I think...)

Happy New Year!!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

hmmmmm.
this year... I learned to be patient with myself and others... but to be careful of trust when ideology is valued over reality... that the people who love me will stand by me... and that I am stronger than I ever dreamed possible. I learned to be gentler and kinder to myself and I think, therefore, to others as well. I think I learned not to be so crazy! I learned how to manage money better which has also helped me a lot. I learned a lot about myself sexually and what I need going forward and became confident in that.
I learned a lot about nail art which has become a passion of mine!
It wasn't an easy year... or a very eventful one... as I was recovering from a nervous breakdown... but a lot of growth happened internally... so on the whole... a good year.
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 06:20 AM   #6
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that even small joys exist and deserve to be counted, even in the midst of a crisis or many crises.

I learned to hold my identity and my own opinions and beliefs without "editing" myself.

I learned that said identity comes from within myself, not from the outside. I can't find it by searching around or even in anyone else. Therefore, no one can take it from me.

I learned you can't fall in love if I don't love myself first.

It was a year of almost unending crises, but this made me see the positives in such a bad year (or two).
Old 01-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #7
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

i learned that:

~ no one will truly love me if I can't truly love myself

~ I have the most amazing friends and family a girl could ask for

~ I can do anything I put my mind to

~ I deserve to be happy and won't ever settle for less

~ some things are meant to be and some things aren't, but no matter what I will not put up with being hurt and taken advantage of by someone who claimed to love me

All in all I learned some important lessons that I think will allow me to have an amazing 2014

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #8
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

2013 taught me that sometimes a trip to the beach with friends, and getting a B, is sometimes more important than an A.

In fact, 2013 gave me an opportunity to re-examine quite a few things I was sure was important, and then realized that maybe taking a deep breath and hugging someone mattered more.

2013 began teaching me that I dont have to ask anyone for space, respect, air, or even power. That those things are mine, and I need to stop giving them away. I began learning just how much I accept the misogyny I was raised in, and have begun learning things can be different.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

2013 taught me many important things. First and foremost I had to learn to navigate the healthcare industry with patience.
I learned not to sweat the small stuff.
I learned to always be true to who I am and in doing so the right people will come into my life.
With help from friends here I learned that it is not my T that makes me the man I am it is my interactions and my vote belief system that does.
I also learned or relearned that laughter really is the best medicine for what ails you....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

2013 was certainly a year of lessons... as each year seems to be...

I learned...

... Persistance pays off
... You are not whole if you are not doing the things you love
... You CAN say no, its ok, the world will not fall apart if you dont do everything.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #11
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that "enabling" is not a good deed.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #12
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Great idea for a topic!

I have learned a lot, too much to post for tonight but will come back when it is not so late.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #13
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

2013 Saw quite a few changes for me. Some for the good and some for the bad. I learned to be more patient with everyone; not she my family, partner and friends for granted. I lost one job and gained a better job.

I'm looking forward to 2014, and so far it's starting off very well. My current boss, is making me a coffee master and then a trainer. April will make it two years since Ruff and I started dating and hy has been a blessing!

Zimmeh
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 06:56 AM   #14
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

It isn't so much what I learned in 2013 that matters, it's how it changed me.

I'm starting to be okay with that.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #15
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

In 2013 I learned:
  • To be grateful for those who are no longer in my life, grateful for those who remain, and grateful for those who are yet to share in this journey with me.
  • That now is all we have. I knew it before, but learning how to be present in the now, and learning of the calmness and power of being present is a forever blessing.
  • That I am not alone, and others see my strengths and gifts even when, at times, I fail to see them.
  • About the ego...it's powers and weaknesses.
2013 blessed me with 365 days of learning, so I am certain there is more, but this is a good start on listing some of the things I learned.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #16
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

2013 was a tough year.
I learned to persevere.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post: