IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dream proposal

I was thinking the other day while watching a show on weddings, how other femmes feel about that big moment..when you get the proposal. What would be a perfect senario for you? Hot air balloon? Beach? Fancy Dinner? You bail him out of jail and he asks while still cuffed?

Let's hear it femmes..I love all this wedding stuff!
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
On good days, in love. On bad days--well, there are no bad days with hym...

CherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Thoughts.

My dream was always to have my partner sing the Bread song, "Aubrey was her name" while we were sitting on a freezing, cold chairlift in January someplace in New England...preferably Maine or Vermont.

My love does not ski, hates the cold, and furthermmore, hates the song "Aubrey was her name" and anything Bread related, unless it is toastable.

*sigh*

My hopes were dashed...

Instead I got the romantic beach scene in Hawaii complete with sunset and spinner dolphins arching in the surf. The sunset was pink. It was quite spectacular... but ya know, hy could have at least tried to sing...

~CF

<<grin>>
CherryFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Kim

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
yes

Kim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST Reputation
Default Long live romance!

My dream proposal would occur while we're on the couch, arguing about whether to watch a Golden Girls rerun or could we please change to the Travel Channel, maybe Man Vs. Food is bingeing on something really decadent and we can live vicariously through him, but then he slowly turns the remote over to me and gazes longingly in my eyes, first telling me I have the most perfect eyebrows, and I surely give him the Jen face from The Little Couple, and then he says that he couldn't live another moment without making me SenoraCranky. Oh well, a girl can dream.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

in a very quiet moment
on a very quiet Sunday
when our cups are half full of coffee
when the funnies are all read
when the itch to get stirring happens
but you decide to stay in bed
when my hand is held in silence
as we softly enjoy our bed
I want a simple ring
placed simply in my palm
and I want him to softly say
its all because I love you
that I dont want these kind of days to end...
and quietly I would toy with it
and ask him to slide it on
and as I lean to kiss him
I whisper gently
"from now on..."
and he will breath out loudly
and our life together
will formally
begin
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

At Yankee stadium preferably when the Yankees are ahead of the Red Sox.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Opps, I just noticed this is a "femme zone".

Sorry ladies
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Ringlets

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Ringlets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryFemme View Post

My dream was always to have my partner sing the Bread song, "Aubrey was her name" while we were sitting on a freezing, cold chairlift in January someplace in New England...preferably Maine or Vermont.

My love does not ski, hates the cold, and furthermmore, hates the song "Aubrey was her name" and anything Bread related, unless it is toastable.

*sigh*

My hopes were dashed...

Instead I got the romantic beach scene in Hawaii complete with sunset and spinner dolphins arching in the surf. The sunset was pink. It was quite spectacular... but ya know, hy could have at least tried to sing...

~CF

<<grin>>

Very romantic!
Ringlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Bent knee proposal? Heh, with my luck he'd say he's down there because his knee gave out!!
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

It's Sunday morning.
We are both sitting up in bed reading the paper. Me in my pjs with my morning breath and my Robert Smith-looking hair, looking ever-so beautiful.
I am scouring the deals and clipping coupons and talking about all of the places that I am going to go today. He is sipping coffee, reading the World and Forum sections, only after I have read them, of course. And nodding and "mmmhmm"ing to acknowledge that he is reading the paper but still listening.
Then he tells me that he wants to spend every Sunday for the rest of his life doing the same exact thing. With me.
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moxie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #10
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Bent knee proposal? Heh, with my luck he'd say he's down there because his knee gave out!!
LMAO cute!
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I never thought a romantic gesture or big proposal was necessary - my belief is that a proposal should never be a surprise, you should both know how the other feels and that marrying each other is the right thing. The big shocking question where the woman has no idea he was going to ask always seemed like a bad sign to me - are you that out of sync with each other already?

Well, true to form, I rationally talked about marriage, and even picked out rings with my Beauhunk, but I realized there was a little something in me that wanted to be asked - to have that moment of "will you?" where he's taking the risk and I am forced to stop and think...."hmmm...will I? Really, for real and forever?" I knew that was silly since we'd already talked and knew we'd marry, and we were both very happy knowing we were with our heart and soulmate, so I joked about the "surprise proposal" and didn't think it was necessary; when the time was right, we would agree when we'd be officially engaged and I would wear his ring.

A couple days before Christmas, I woke up and it felt like someone else was in the house. My dogs weren't making a fuss, so I knew Beauhunk must have come over early (for breakfast?? those who know me are laughing about that). I peeked out of the bedroom and called his name - no answer, but there was a ribbon across the steps with a note on it, a little poem telling me to get ready for a scavenger hunt and to follow the instructions. Oooh, a surprise Christmas present!

Each note held a sweet little poem about our courtship, getting to know each other, Beauhunk's move here...and each led me to a different room with a beautifully wrapped box with another note inside. Finally, the last one led me to the family room and Christmas tree, where there was a huge wrapped box and bow, with a note saying "lift me." When I did, there was my Beauhunk on his knee, holding a ring, shaking like a leaf and asking "Will you marry me?"

It was so beautiful and romantic, completely unexpected, and absolutely perfect. I cried and kissed him and was so overwhelmed I forgot to say "yes" for a few seconds (he says he was really sweating it!) I could never have predicted that flood of happiness when I formally accepted his proposal. The thing is, when he asked, my emotional/gut reaction confirmed my feelings at a depth I couldn't have predicted when we talked sensibly about our future and our love before.

It was the best proposal ever - the dream proposal I didn't even know I was dreaming of. That Beauhunk makes my crispy cold black heart all mushy and schmoopie like nobody's business.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #12
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puplove View Post

It was the best proposal ever - the dream proposal I didn't even know I was dreaming of. That Beauhunk makes my crispy cold black heart all mushy and schmoopie like nobody's business.
Crap. This made me bawl like a baby. I am so so SO happy for you two!

And? It was really well written!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #13
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Crap. This made me bawl like a baby. I am so so SO happy for you two!

And? It was really well written!
Awww, thanks Juliet! Makes me bawl like a baby too, but if you tell anybody that I'll have to deny it and then kill you to stop the rumors.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Old 03-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #14
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Awww, thanks Juliet! Makes me bawl like a baby too, but if you tell anybody that I'll have to deny it and then kill you to stop the rumors.
Gosh. My baby told me we were getting married TODAY and I said yes. Because I haz a brain injury and could have forgotten I love hym so much by TOMORROW.

I want a scavenger hunt and shit.

ps - you can't kill the arwen now. she iz happy.

Last edited by SuperFemme; 03-24-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: i have a brain injury and cannot stay focused long enough to make fucking sense, ok?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #15
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Gosh. My baby told me we were getting married TODAY and I said yes. Because I haz a brain injury and could have forgotten I love hym so much by TOMORROW.

I want a scavenger hunt and shit.

So would it be tacky to say you DID have a scavenger hunt, remember?? That would be, wouldn't it?

So I'll skip saying that.

Your story and your baby make lovely, bawling fodder and shit too. I felt envy way back in the day when you got married, all legal and everything with love on top too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #16
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
So would it be tacky to say you DID have a scavenger hunt, remember?? That would be, wouldn't it?

So I'll skip saying that.

Your story and your baby make lovely, bawling fodder and shit too. I felt envy way back in the day when you got married, all legal and everything with love on top too.
OMG. DID I have a scavenger hunt? Crap.

Please hurry up and get married. I want to come with a snazzy present.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #17
layla

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
ella ella
Relationship Status:
married

layla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond repute

a girl has right to dream.... I'll keep dreaming in quiet and hope some day.... some day ... some day... maybe....
a girl has right to dream....
Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #18
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Yes!! Are you going to give us Toddler Arwen?

Old 03-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #19
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Toddler Arwen is usually singular. She may be gone for good by now.
BUT I know not to get you any breakfast stuffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #20
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Toddler Arwen is usually singular. She may be gone for good by now.
BUT I know not to get you any breakfast stuffs.

Words utterly fail me here. Y'all are both in serious danger of starring in my next novel.

As the bodies on page 21 and 29.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: