Old 12-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #21
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
*crickets*

Uh...not much evidently, haha.
LOL well said!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmusician View Post
LOL well said!
Haha seriously though do folks ever get together here? Where in the city do people hang out?
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #23
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
*crickets*

Uh...not much evidently, haha.
We should all organize a brunch or somethin'!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #24
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Pride Vancouver!!!!

~ Let me show you baby I'm a talented boi ~

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

A mate of mine sent me a link to a Kiwi film being shown at the Vancouver International Film Festival:

http://www.viff.org/festival/films/f...wo-little-boys

It's a bro-mance. Go see a Kiwi film! Saturday, 29th, 9pm.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

Just wanted to give this thread a bump. Anyone around in Van?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Just south of you on the US side

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmusician View Post
Just wanted to give this thread a bump. Anyone around in Van?
yep! I'm in the east end. Commercial drive.

Hiya!
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #29
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
yep! I'm in the east end. Commercial drive.

Hiya!
Howdy! Makes two of us!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #30
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

oh that's cool. I just moved back home from 10 years in the UK and amsterdam. Happy to be back on the drive!

There's an exhibit at the cultch starting on the 9th about female masculinity, you going to check it out?

and I've just gone to ManUp - the 5 year celebration. Did you go?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #31
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default Has it been 10 yrs already?

Welcome back to Vancouver HB! I remember a few super b/f brunches before you left. Perhaps we can do a coffee klatch on the Drive. I didn't do well organizing a femme tea. lol

cheers from Abbotsford,
Candice
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #32
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Oh I get the general idea a butch-femme brunch wouldn't be much appealing. Most of the people I meet my age who*I* would consider butch, don't refer to themselves that way because they think that painting their toe nails or baking or crying at movies to disqualify them... that and they don't wipe themselves with steel wool after peeing and cut their dinner with a chain saw.

I do miss London for some things. relaxed concepts of female and even feminine-masculinity in comparison to the lumberjack you have to be here and the stereotyping is mind boggling... you know what one gal said to me when we were talking about profiles on POF, I suggested she actually put "femme" on her profile if that's what she wants in a partner, femmes... no, she said, I thought if I did that I'd get fluffy types who were shallow and liked to shop, but she didn't know why she thought that.
"maybe it's because you see femininity as inherently shallow and stupid?" was my suggestion, though I said it more diplomatically than that. Jesus wept!

still. still the way dykes my age think. nothing has changed since I went away.

The ManUp nights, though full of youngsters, are a little bit more my speed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #33
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The ManUp nights, though full of youngsters, are a little bit more my speed.
Ha! I've had fun when I go to Man Up, but I'm only 30 and some of the people there look really young to me. The people that talk to me at Man Up are mostly gay guys who loved the dresses I wear when I go lol.

Being a single femme in Vancouver has been really different than when I was a single femme in San Francisco, that's for damn sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 03:02 AM   #34
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello

I haven't been out in the gay community in Vancouver in ages.

I found "nerd" community which I find much more accepting somehow.

How are my Vancouverites though?

~ Let me show you baby I'm a talented boi ~

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #35
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

I've found individuals spattered about. And there is Queer Box Fit, in the east end which is a fitness class run by a butch. She's having a fund raiser come june 1st and I know a couple of the people going - it's east end queers rather than the lesbians my age and older who find IDing as anything but lesbian to be heterosexist or "too confusing" and thus rather dismissive. I'm looking forward to it!

Where in Vancouver are you stitch? Hi ruby woo! I didn't see your post till now...
Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #36
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Where else do folks go in Vancouver to meet to meet people? Now that the sun is out (for now, anyway...) I am itching to get out of the house and meet some new folks.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #37
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

well, because I'm loaded with school work I don't meet very many people. But I jut head to The Drive and have a coffee or fruitsmoothie-shake or a cocktail with a mate. I usually meet people there as well when I meet up with them from POF. School keeps me pretty strapped close to home or school.
But I am going to "give a butch a dream" fund raiser
https://www.facebook.com/events/1415...ref=ts&fref=ts
as she runs "queer box fit" which is apparently full of hot queers my own age (35+)
and some of my old mates go to it. they keep telling me to go to meet people but I rarely have the time, with school, to even keep up on my own laundry.
and it's usually when I am in full study mode.
But I'm definitely going.
where abouts to do live ruby? are you ever in the east end or new west?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Cool, thanks. Maybe I just need to get out to east van a little more. Right more, I live in the West End, but am moving at the end of this month near Fraser, and expect I'll spend more time in the Commercial Drive area then.

The fundraiser definitely sounds cool. I did get out to Diva's Den this past weekend, which was OK.

BTW, I'm quite sure I remember you from many many years ago. I lived in San Francisco and was with "Butchbiscuit". Does that ring a bell at all?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #39
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Yes! it does.
I can't place you though. my memory is utter shite. Was BB here, in vancouver? If so I know who that was, we yapped a few times and hung out with another person I'm still loosely in touch with.
be happy to meet up when you come east. And if you need a free massage, I need practice bodies.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #40
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Yes! it does.
I can't place you though. my memory is utter shite. Was BB here, in vancouver? If so I know who that was, we yapped a few times and hung out with another person I'm still loosely in touch with.
be happy to meet up when you come east. And if you need a free massage, I need practice bodies.
Yup! BB was here in Vancouver, and I lived in San Francisco and worked at a sex toy store lol. We met on the old dash site, and traveled back and forth for about a year before I finally moved up to Vancouver. We broke up about a year and half ago.

Anyway, I'd be happy to meet up and meet another local femme after I get moved and settled on the east side!