cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
A central tenet of modern feminist thought has been the assertion that "all women are oppressed." This assertion implies that women share a common lot, that factors like class, race, religion, sexual preference, etc. do not create a diversity of experience that determines the extent to which sexism will be an oppressive force in the lives of individual women. Sexism as a system of domination is institutionalized, but it has never determined in an absolute way the fate of all women in this society. Being oppressed means the absence of choices. It is the primary point of contact between the oppressed and the oppressor. Many women in this society do have choices (as inadequate as they are); therefore exploitation and discrimination are words that more accurately describe the lot of women collectively in the United States. Many women do not join organized resistance against sexism precisely because sexism has not meant an absolute lack of choices. They may know they are discriminated against on the basis of sex, but they do not equate this with oppression. Under capitalism, patriarchy is structured so that sexism restricts women's behavior in some realms even as freedom from limitations is allowed in other spheres. The absence of extreme restrictions leads many women to ignore the areas in which they are exploited or discriminated against; it may even lead them to imagine that no women are oppressed.

—bell hooks, Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center
Regardless of the choices womyn have in education and work, there will continue to be oppression, especially where womyn interact with men
Most enlightened womyn actively work on their societal ingrained sexism in their relationships. It is a constant battle against societal repression. There are still many womyn who do not realize that they harbor inherit sexism learned through many generations of repression.
Cis-men practice overt and covert sexism without even being aware of their thoughts and behavior. Men are so accustomed to societal male privilege that the actions and views are often subconsciously generated. Now, enter in the straight, white cis-male, a situation which creates a trifecta of oppression. I believe that this group made up the majority of Trump's base and the bias against Clinton, but that is another discussion. That group of men would take much more energy to possibly get to the point of understanding womyn's oppression and their role in it than I'd be willing to invest.

My Partner and I choose to live out life in as much of a womyn only environment as possible within the constructs of a non-isolated womyn only rural community.
Cathexis
Old 07-09-2019, 11:19 PM   #19942
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default On another note.....

Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #19943
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Everyone should be allowed to wear glitter.

—Betsy, a department store worker, upon hearing that I wouldn’t be allowed to wear her eye shadow at work.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #19944
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default Seriously Sunday

Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #19945
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow On joy...

True inner joy is self – created.
It does not depend on outer circumstances.
A river is flowing in and through you carrying the message of joy.
This divine joy is the sole purpose of life.

– Sri Chinmoy
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #19946
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Joy

Let us live in joy, not hating those who hate us.
Among those who hate us, we live free of hate.
Let us live in joy,
free from disease among those who are diseased.
Among those who are diseased, let us live free of disease.
Let us live in joy, free from greed among the greedy.
Among those who are greedy, we live free of greed.
Let us live in joy, though we possess nothing.
Let us live feeding on joy, like the bright gods.

–Buddha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #19947
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow The Tulip

Perhaps the tulip know the fickleness
Of Fortune’s smile, for on her stalk’s green shaft
She bears a wine cup through the wilderness...

– Hafiz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #19948
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

She's a sunflower,strong & bold
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #19949
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Today marks the three year anniversary of the first time I protested systemic oppression. I continue to work and stand with the people in our fight for liberation, despite those who are trying to erase the movement! The movement has always lived with the people! —Colin Kaepernick
Old 09-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #19950
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Mary Oliver - I Worried

I worried a lot. Will the garden grow, will the rivers
flow in the right direction, will the earth turn
as it was taught, and if not how shall
I correct it?

Was I right, was I wrong, will I be forgiven,
can I do better?

Will I ever be able to sing, even the sparrows
can do it and I am, well,
hopeless.

Is my eyesight fading or am I just imagining it,
am I going to get rheumatism,
lockjaw, dementia?

Finally I saw that worrying had come to nothing.
And gave it up. And took my old body
and went out into the morning,
and sang.

–Mary Oliver
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #19951
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default California Governor Gavin Newsom

"I have spent 52 years of my life being an environmental leader and champion, and I'll take a back seat to no one in terms of my advocacy," Newsom told reporters just hours before sending the vetoed bill back to the Legislature.

LINK

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #19952
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Serves him right—hoping he throws all of them under the bus—they deserve no less.

You have to ask Rudy.

— Pres. Trump, when asked why it was appropriate for his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani to be involved in government business.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #19953
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

It is good to remember that while every generation believes that it invented sex, every preceding generation forgets that it once believed the same thing.

Ta-Nehisi Coates
Old 12-12-2019, 06:36 AM   #19954
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Moscow Mitch has been bribed with boatloads of campaign cash by @realDondaldTrump. Of course he has agreed to acquit. Half the senate jury in the impeachment trial may already be bought.

—Richard Painter, Law Professor, Former chief White House Ethics Lawyer (2005-2007), Politician, Former Republican.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #19955
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jealously Trump's tweet....

“So ridiculous.” “Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!”

Only a idiot begrudges a 13 year old child their time in the spotlight!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #19956
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
“So ridiculous.” “Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!”

The kid has a good sense of humor too......
Old 12-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #19957
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Michael Cohen, Broken and Humiliated, Asks for Leniency From Prison

So sorry Micheal but.......

"If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas"
Old 12-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #19958
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick on Wednesday shed very little light into the NFL's investigation of the organization for videotaping the Cincinnati Bengals' sideline this past weekend. Belichick was rather curt with reporters, marking the third straight day in which he was asked about a team videographer who was caught filming the Bengals' sideline during Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns.

When asked whether the scout involved was aware of the rules that he can't film from the press box, Belichick said the following: "He was doing his job. That's what he was doing, he was doing his job. Like we all tried to do. That's what the football team, the football staff and the coaching staff did last week was try to do their job for Kansas City, and then Cincinnati, and then Buffalo next week and that's it.

A reporter asked a follow-up question, to which Belichick offered a quick response. "I just answered the question. That's it. We have no involvement in it. Zero," Belichick said.When asked if he had heard from the league, Belichick tried to put an end to the line of questioning.

Sound familar? If this isn't taking a page out of Trump's playbook I don't know what is!
Old 12-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #19959
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Greta Thunberg - 11 December 2019, in Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Sorry moe, but she isn't a child, she is a teenager, 16, going on 17... with the mind and heart of a mature sane/whole adult.

Actually, at a recent UN meeting, quite a few of the delegates representing other countries didn't even stay for her speech... There are a lot of evil people just like Trump - who btw isn't an idiot [he is a very clever so-and-so.... (cough!) ] - who don't like what she is saying and doing, because of their materialistic choices and vested interests, because of their greed, their selfishness, their ambition, and their general lack of moral/ethical character, etc.

Trump - like many people who are or could easily be classified as sexist/misogynist narcissist/sociopath/psychopath - will trash anyone, especially any woman (young or old) speaking with passion. I don't think his malicious lies (which are nothing more than fake news) are worth repeating.

On the other hand, part of Greta's speech is worth repeating:

"Greta, who inspired the school strikes for the climate movement, said: 'The biggest danger is not inaction; the real danger is when politicians and CEOs are making it look like real action is happening, when in fact almost nothing is being done apart from clever accounting and creative PR.'

She said the science showed that, at the current rate of emissions, the world is set to use up the whole 'carbon budget' - the amount of pollution that can be put into the atmosphere and still keep global warming to 1.5C - in eight years."

She said: 'Finding holistic solutions is what the COP should be all about, but instead it seems to have turned some kind of opportunity for countries to negotiate loopholes and to avoid raising their ambition.'

'Countries are finding clever ways around having to take real action, like double-counting emissions reductions, and moving emissions overseas, and walking back on their promises to increase ambitions, or refusing to pay for solutions or loss and damage. This has to stop.'
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #19960
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
No need to be sorry Charley, I totally screwed up on her age! Where I got 13 from god only knows

Tags
poems, quotes, sayings